Andrew Cole

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He never demanded to be called Andrew, he just said that his friends & family called him Andrew. He’s said he didn’t mind the media & fans calling him Andy.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
We'd been playing hockey and the teacher came in and said Man Utd have just signed Andy Cole.
We were all like yehhhh right.

Back then you had to wait until you got home to check teletext!
Ha ha, yeah life in the pre social media/mobile phone days. :)

RedTiger

Half mast
We'd been playing hockey and the teacher came in and said Man Utd have just signed Andy Cole.
We were all like yehhhh right.

Back then you had to wait until you got home to check teletext!
We were in the 6th form common room when a mate came back from lunch at his house and told us teletext said we'd signed Cole for 7Mil. I thought he was bullshitting due to Cole being immense for Newcastle as well as thinking the price was a little undervalued (until I found out Gillespie had gone the other way).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We were in the 6th form common room when a mate came back from lunch at his house and told us teletext said we'd signed Cole for 7Mil. I thought he was bullshitting due to Cole being immense for Newcastle as well as thinking the price was a little undervalued (until I found out Gillespie had gone the other way).
Undervalued? Sutton at 5m was the record then wasn't it?
And Gillespie being involved surely reduces the fee? As it was £6m and Gillespie valued at £1m

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I've never seen a footballer's first touch and control improve as rapidly as his did when he came. He was quite poor at it at Newcasle and when he first arrived but they soon sorted that out.
You're misremembering. His touch was great at Newcastle.

He was always gangly but had a great first touch before we bought him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The fact that he never played in major tournament for country is amazing. Shearer and Owen were great strikers but he was far better than Vassel and Fowler.