Andrew Omobamidele

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

19 year old central defender who’s looked classy as hell for Ireland. Almost got a last minute winner against Serbia with a roulette through midfield and a long range screamer clawed away from the top corner by their keeper.

Norwich fans seem to be quite excited by him too.

What do the resident youth experts think of his chances of ending up at a big club?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When someone told him to do the Irish tradition of loading too many vowels into his name, he didn’t quite get it.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He was magic last night against Serbia, up against Mitrovic and Vlahovic. Incredibly composed on the ball, always looking for an effective pass, always making himself available. Good in the air, communicated with the lads around him and as Pogue said, almost scored the debut winner to end all debut winners in the 3rd minute of added time. Ferociously exciting as an Irish man, love seeing him getting his chance so early. He'll be a regular in the Norwich team within weeks. Loved his interview too, solid, funny down to earth character. Just the way we like 'em.

Robbie Boy

Watched a bit of him for Norwich last season and he looked a really good player.

IrishMcD

Anyone know how Nathan Collins getting on? I know he was linked to us when he broke into the Stoke team at 17yo and was really highly rated but haven't heard much about him recently. Hopefully he makes the break through at Burnley, we could have a seriously good partnership in the middle of our defence if these two fulfill their potential

AaronRedDevil

The reason we haven't won the CL is because we don't have an Irishman in the team. So fecking get one into the first team squad. It's been too long.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The reason we haven't won the CL is because we don't have an Irishman in the team. So fecking get one into the first team squad. It's been too long.
You might be onto something here. We've never won a CL final without at least one Irishman in the starting XI or on the bench. John O' Shea's crucial role as unused sub in 2008 continues to be overlooked.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Didn't Kabak join Norwich? Hopefully that doesn't limit his opportunities but he is definitely another good prospect. Seems a good kid from his post match interview last night.

E-mal

When someone told him to do the Irish tradition of loading too many vowels into his name, he didn’t quite get it.
That's a Nigerian name meaning "the child has followed me home" Pretty sure his dad is of the yoruba extraction from Nigeria.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Didn't Kabak join Norwich? Hopefully that doesn't limit his opportunities but he is definitely another good prospect. Seems a good kid from his post match interview last night.
Kabak is shit so I wouldn’t worry

AaronRedDevil

You might be onto something here. We've never won a CL final without at least one Irishman in the starting XI or on the bench. John O' Shea's crucial role as unused sub in 2008 continues to be overlooked.
Exactly. You need the luck of the Irish to be there in spirit. The John Terry slip ;)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So the two oustanding prospects for Ireland are both of Nigerian descent. Is that just random?
There has been quite a few quality young players of African descent coming through the Irish set up in recent years, its great to see. Idah, Bazunu, Omobamidele have been great in this run of games. I'm still hopeful Odubeko will play for us, he's from Dublin but apparently considering his options.

Brophs

The One and Only
Vidic with pace, is the word on the mean streets of South Dublin

TomD

I haven't seen much much of him but based on his performance last night he looks a very good prospect. Very composed, quick, good passing ability, strong defensively. Based on last night he could play at the very top level.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There has been quite a few quality young players of African descent coming through the Irish set up in recent years, its great to see. Idah, Bazunu, Omobamidele have been great in this run of games. I'm still hopeful Odubeko will play for us, he's from Dublin but apparently considering his options.
Yeah, I guess so.

Both born and reared in Ireland though. If anything, that’s the more unusual thing for an Ireland international!
Quite brilliant to see. I remember back in the day when Phil Babb was the only black player in the team.

I was just curious to know whether there was a growing Nigerian community in Ireland that I'd not heard of.