Andros Townsend

Steven Seagull

He's been a fantastic signing for Newcastle. He should go to the Euro's. He's always been effective at international level, but England fans have never really fully accepted him as he wasn't playing well for Spurs. But Newcastles style suits him, as Englands does. What is the point on taking bigger name players like Sterling, when Townsend has proven he's well suited to international football and is now showing that form at club level? But I bet Sterling and Lallana will be picked ahead of him. Technically they are both miles ahead of Townsend, but when it comes down to simply who is the most effective in an England shirt and who has the best chance of doing something that will win us games at the Euros, Townsend has demonstrated it's him. Since he's been at Newcastle and played with the freedom he gets for England he' scored 4 and made 2 assists in 909 mins.
Sorry but how has he been always been effective at international level? He's played about 7 games hasn't he?

redmeister

Sorry but how has he been always been effective at international level? He's played about 7 games hasn't he?
Obviously I didn't mean from the initiation of International football back in the late 19th century until the present day. I meant during his international career, in which he's shown a lot more than the likes of Sterling or Lallana.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Obviously I didn't mean from the initiation of International football back in the late 19th century until the present day. I meant during his international career, in which he's shown a lot more than the likes of Sterling or Lallana.
If Newcastle stay up then the signing of Andros will be one of the key reasons, will be the best £12m Newcastle have spent in a long time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's another Orc. Claims he's a United fan but only ever goes on a full on rant or has a hard-on for anything Spuds related.
Probably biding his time to see if Spurs will have another good season before making the big announcement.

diarm

I'd be a terrible scout. I thought Shelvey was going to be a fantastic signing for Newcastle and Townsend would be underwhelming. Seems like the complete opposite happened.

redmeister

I think he's another Orc. Claims he's a United fan but only ever goes on a full on rant or has a hard-on for anything Spuds related.

I mentioned plenty of times why I speak mainly about Spurs. I've recommended many times that people follow another Prem team other than Utd. I can be far more objective about Spurs than you can about Everton. Posting about Utd on 606 started to take over my life as it's easy to get very emotionally invested in what you are saying etc. Look yesterday, in the Lukaku thread, I could have taken the bait about arguing Greizmanns unsuitability for us, but I just left it. There is a reason for that.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I mentioned plenty of times why I speak mainly about Spurs. I've recommended many times that people follow another Prem team other than Utd. I can be far more objective about Spurs than you can about Everton. Posting about Utd on 606 started to take over my life as it's easy to get very emotionally invested in what you are saying etc. Look yesterday, in the Lukaku thread, I could have taken the bait about arguing Greizmanns unsuitability for us, but I just left it. There is a reason for that.
Are you sure you aren't a spuds fan? ;)

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
I'd be a terrible scout. I thought Shelvey was going to be a fantastic signing for Newcastle and Townsend would be underwhelming. Seems like the complete opposite happened.
to be fair I think that was close to most people's assessment. I don't know about "fantastic" though but I certainly thought he'd be the better signing of the two.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Martin Keown gathered all kinds of unwanted attention with his punditry on Sunday night's edition of Match of the Day 2, with three bold statements that were ridiculed on social media.

In light of Newcastle's 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday and the recent form of Andros Townsend cutting in from the right wing, Keown said: "When he gets onto his left foot in these areas, there isn't a better player in Europe."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...andros-townsend-is-best-in-europe-on-his-lef/

:eek::houllier::lol::rolleyes:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shelvey is a bit of a fraud. Don't think he ever does much in a game.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Sorry for bumping an old thread but didn’t think this was worthy of its own thread.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Very sad about his brother and pretty brave of him to admit his (past) addiction. There has to be so much more young players on 10/20k a week that are throwing money away in betting games...