Andy Goram given 6 months to live - RIP The Goalie

Erics_Collar

That's sad. The story about Fergie's phone call when bringing him on loan to United was great. Goram told him to f*ck off because he thought it was Allie McCoist taking the piss. Fergie called him back and said "You've got ten seconds to decide yay or naw, ya fat b*stard..."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That’s really sad, if there’s any solace he can take it’s that his family will have a proper chance to say goodbye and show him how much they love him before he passes.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
He was still playing when I was a kid and I remember having his panini sticker in my collection. Will be missed.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any chance of turning it around, had a folk who far outlived his diagnosis but it seems unlikely, wish him and his family the best.
Hopefully he has a fun last 6 months to close it on with.
That's sad. The story about Fergie's phone call when bringing him on loan to United was great. Goram told him to f*ck off because he thought it was Allie McCoist taking the piss. Fergie called him back and said "You've got ten seconds to decide yay or naw, ya fat b*stard..."
:lol:

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
These news are always tough to read. All the best to him and his family.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I know a girl, 42, given 3-6 months on the Friday. She died on the Monday.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Proper character in his day (and very good keeper). Had an eventful life certainly on and off the pitch so yeah just hope he can enjoy last few months as much as he can, sure plenty of his former teammates and SAF will try to see him before he passes.

Red Royal

Such a tragic illness... wish there was a cure.
Hope he is not in too much pain during his final battle.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Unfortunately gone already. Rest in peace Goalie.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great keeper in his prime in the 90s.

Colourful life off the pitch aswell so some obituary it will be to read.

R.I.P.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely gutted to hear this. One of, if not Scotland’s greatest ever GK’s. Played for my local team Hibernian as well.

R.I.P. Andy

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Thoughts with his family and sincerest condolences to them at this difficult time, but not a shred of feeling - sadness or otherwise - towards Goram himself.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thoughts with his family and sincerest condolences to them at this difficult time, but not a shred of feeling - sadness or otherwise - towards Goram himself.
Why, what did he do? :confused:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why, what did he do? :confused:
This Scotsman’s article lays it out pretty well: self-confessed cases (plural) of infidelity, racism and xenophobia, and a good ol’ sprinkling of sectarianism to boot.

Ferguson giving this oafish brute a ‘career’ at Old Trafford was one of the great man’s biggest mistakes, IMO. Goram should’ve never been let inside the door.