Andy Kellet - 2015 performances

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Didn't we do something similar with Schlupp from Leicester a few years back? He made no impact to the first team.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Guessing he'll stick around the U21s for a bit and then disappear.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Didn't we do something similar with Schlupp from Leicester a few years back? He made no impact to the first team.
Was never a formal loan was it? Was on 'trial' for ages. Can play non-competitive games on trial.

Empire

Why on loan until the end of the season? Is he cover for the first team or something? Seems a bit bizarre, has Louis van Gaal written all over it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why on loan until the end of the season? Is he cover for the first team or something? Seems a bit bizarre, has Louis van Gaal written all over it.
For the U21s. Vermijl left and Janko's gone out on loan so I imagine some cover is needed there.

We've done similar in previous seasons.

gza the genius

Probably just brought in as cover for the u21's. We send them Janko to play in their first team (hopefully) and they send us someone to cover for him in the u21's. They get a better option for a defender and we make up the numbers.

m1y2

think it was only a trial with Schlupp. With Pearson, Rothwell gone on loan, James plays as an anchor man in midfield and we have no proper leftback there. Janko also played tonight as LB, with Rafael on the right. But who knows this guy may impress

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Probably just brought in as cover for the u21's. We send them Janko to play in their first team (hopefully) and they send us someone to cover for him in the u21's. They get a better option for a defender and we make up the numbers.
Sounds most likely.

Castia

strange deal, suppose he will get a chance with the u21's but even so this is a Bebe moment.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's not strange at all. We've lost Keane, Janko and Vermijl this window to loans or perms. McNair is seeing more action with the first team which is leading to less u21 time. Probably just there to help out the u21s in terms of numbers.

I did have to laugh at his wiki entry though.

On 2 February 2015, transfer deadline day, Manchester United beat off competition from Plymouth Argyle to sign Kellet on loan for the rest of the season
I mean. Yay!

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
It's not strange at all. We've lost Keane, Janko and Vermijl this window to loans or perms. McNair is seeing more action with the first team which is leading to less u21 time. Probably just there to help out the u21s in terms of numbers.

I mean. Yay!
And they said being out of the CL would make signings difficult :D

Here's the customary YT video

Skills

Snitch
Seems so weird when you realise that he's actually 2 years older than Shaw.

wiz4231

think it was only a trial with Schlupp. With Pearson, Rothwell gone on loan, James plays as an anchor man in midfield and we have no proper leftback there. Janko also played tonight as LB, with Rafael on the right. But who knows this guy may impress
Janko has gone the other way, right?!!?

khoazany

Seems so weird when you realise that he's actually 2 years older than Shaw.
More than half of our Reserves are older than Shaw.Nothing to see here.

He's actually quite decent.At least someone to keep the U21s performing while we sent our more promising youngsters on loan and the U18s need to play together for the Youth Cup run.Seems Joyce is constantly picking James for the DM role,either as LVG's instruction or due to our lack of options in midfield until Goss coming back from injury.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
More than half of our Reserves are older than Shaw.Nothing to see here.

He's actually quite decent.At least someone to keep the U21s performing while we sent our more promising youngsters on loan and the U18s need to play together for the Youth Cup run.Seems Joyce is constantly picking James for the DM role,either as LVG's instruction or due to our lack of options in midfield until Goss coming back from injury.
Personally I prefer James in the DM role anyway so I'm glad he is getting the time in there. Any news on Goss' injury? He was sitting on the bench today and I thought he was back but then saw he wasn't in the squad.

Surprised by this as it is a bit of a weird move loaning in a player for the reserves. Callum Evans is a LB isn't he? Would have expected him to be played there or Love, Grimshaw or the new Salford boy to be used as a bit of a makeshift on the left. Ah sure either way I look forward to watching him play. Some experience and stability back there will be good for the side.

khoazany

Personally I prefer James in the DM role anyway so I'm glad he is getting the time in there. Any news on Goss' injury? He was sitting on the bench today and I thought he was back but then saw he wasn't in the squad.

Surprised by this as it is a bit of a weird move loaning in a player for the reserves. Callum Evans is a LB isn't he? Would have expected him to be played there or Love, Grimshaw or the new Salford boy to be used as a bit of a makeshift on the left. Ah sure either way I look forward to watching him play. Some experience and stability back there will be good for the side.
I don't think we'll keep Grimshaw over this season and Joyce seems doesn't rate Callum Evans enough to start him (although he did play him couple of times this season where he has been decent).I wouldn't be too bother tbh as long as we managed to loan out our more promising players.Really sick of this U21s league format.Hope we'll loan out more players after the emergency loan window opens and our FA Youth Cup run ends.

Goss still not even back in training I believe.

Loublaze

ATLien
And they said being out of the CL would make signings difficult :D

Here's the customary YT video

Suprised you didn't see this video posted in the thread already my man.

Someone mentioned that he's Gareth Bales cousin, not sure if serious.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Suprised you didn't see this video posted in the thread already my man.

Someone mentioned that he's Gareth Bales cousin, not sure if serious.
Joined late. Only originally came here to post the "smell it, it's Kellet" remark :D

Aye, I saw that said somewhere else to so, might be true. Obviously means Bale is coming in the summer :drool:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's quite obvious that Kellet is only here to fill in for the full back roles at the U-21 level whilst Janko is out to get first-team football. Still, though, I wonder what'll happen to all of those players who've played as a left back previously (Love, Grimshaw, and Evans). I don't think Grimshaw will make it for us as well as Love (from what I've seen), and it seems like Evans may be heading in that direction as well. As James is playing more in midfield, we will need a left back, so I guess that's why Kellet's brought in for this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I mean. Yay!
No it is strange, since when did we just get random no marks in to make up the numbers!?
We've got 100s of players on the books, surely we can fill his place with some youngster already on house form a younger age range, centre of excellence etc.

Why bother bringing a player in who has no chance of making it here>