Andy Kellet - 2015 performances

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
No it is strange, since when did we just get random no marks in to make up the numbers!?
We've got 100s of players on the books, surely we can fill his place with some youngster already on house form a younger age range, centre of excellence etc.
Why bother bringing a player in who has no chance of making it here>
100's of players on the books???. Maybe there is nobody suitable ( for a wide range of reasons) from the younger ages that could step up to the u21's/reserves
Utd run more than 1 team, there needs to be cover and balance for the other teams we have. Nothing strange about this deal at all, its quite simple really.

SirAF

Ageist
100's of players on the books???. Maybe there is nobody suitable ( for a wide range of reasons) from the younger ages that could step up to the u21's/reserves
Utd run more than 1 team, there needs to be cover and balance for the other teams we have. Nothing strange about this deal at all, its quite simple really.
Yup, pretty much this.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
i predict he will make a few PL appearances for us and then disappear to a championship side for a few years before making a PL comeback..a la de laet!
Its a loan deal till the end of the season, he'll be lucky if he is on the bench for any PL game.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Do we think he is being brought in to provide genuine competition for Luke Shaw (who LVG seems to have reservations about)? At 21 he seems to old to be brought in as one for the future. Or is he just a Reserve team filler like De Laet was?

Ekeke

The 21-year-old wing-back will link up with the Red Devils' Under-21 side after making a shock move on loan to Old Trafford in exchange for young defender Saidy Janko

By Oliver Platt & Daniel Lomax

If this winter’s relatively quiet deadline day was disappointing for fans, it was the opposite for a young Bolton Wanderers defender named Andy Kellett.

The 21-year-old, who has spent most of his season so far on loan at Plymouth Argyle in League Two, is now a Manchester United player – at least for a few months.

“It's a great opportunity for Andy,” Bolton manager Neil Lennon said. “We called about Saidy [Janko] and Man United asked for him to go the other way. He thought it was a wind-up.”

The Bolton News recounts the scene as Kellett was informed of his next destination. “Sit down Andy,” first team coach Garry Parker said. “We’ve got some good news and some bad news.”

“You’re not going back to Plymouth,” was the bad. “You’re going to Manchester United.”

This is not, in all likelihood, a case of United spotting a potential star but a strengthening of their Under-21 side following the departures of the versatile Janko, who has been loaned to Bolton, and Marnick Vermijl, who joins Sheffield Wednesday permanently.

Those moves had left the development squad thin on the ground at full-back and coach Warren Joyce will have been aware of Kellett, who has played for Bolton’s reserve side in the same league. “We were aware of United's interest last week and I know Warren Joyce likes him a lot,” Lennon added.

Kellett played regularly while on loan at Plymouth earlier this season and scored a sensational first professional goal, dancing past three players from the left touchline to the penalty area before prodding a shot past the goalkeeper from no more than eight yards.

He is a fast and direct attacker, if still perfecting the defensive side of his game, and Argyle’s 3-5-2 system, in which he played at left wing-back, suited him down to the ground. Kellett’s comfort in that formation is an intriguing detail given Louis van Gaal’s frequent use of it, although it would take another significant injury crisis for him to follow the likes of Tyler Blackett and Paddy McNair to the first team.

Much like Van Gaal, former Celtic boss Lennon has looked to give more of Bolton’s academy players a chance in the first team since replacing Dougie Freedman and his faith has been repaid by the likes of Zach Clough and Josh Vela, who are now considered first-team regulars.

That is a marked shift at a club where Kellett, at the back end of last season, became the first local academy player in eight years to make a first-team appearance.

He played again at wing-back on Tuesday, against Rotherham, but a Bolton side that has tightened up in defence since changing managers suffered a 4-2 defeat and Kellett was hooked after 51 minutes.

A subsequent return to Plymouth for further exposure to senior football was expected before the unexpected call came. At worst, Kellett will spend a few months enjoying top-class facilities while working with some of the best coaches in the world – and perhaps United will take a liking to him.
goal's little write up. Sounds like he isnt yet good enough defensively for Bolton, so we can safely assume he's just for the under 21s

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Imagine if he made it onto the bench for one of our games this season? Would be pretty funny... and a great moment for the lad himself.

jb8521

Unless his loan to Plymouth was an emergency loan then I dont think he can play for our first team

Flying_Heckfish

Amazing opportunity for the lad. He will get bigger exposure just by playing for our u21s, might even get a decent move out of it if he does well.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's not strange at all. We've lost Keane, Janko and Vermijl this window to loans or perms. McNair is seeing more action with the first team which is leading to less u21 time. Probably just there to help out the u21s in terms of numbers.

I did have to laugh at his wiki entry though.

On 2 February 2015, transfer deadline day, Manchester United beat off competition from Plymouth Argyle to sign Kellet on loan for the rest of the season
I mean. Yay!
:lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Unless his loan to Plymouth was an emergency loan then I dont think he can play for our first team
U21 count as a proper competition according to Fifa too so I don't know how that rule works. Tom Lawrence played for 3 clubs last year, must be something to do with them being youth loans or something.

jb8521

U21 count as a proper competition according to Fifa too so I don't know how that rule works. Tom Lawrence played for 3 clubs last year, must be something to do with them being youth loans or something.
Its counted by Fifa but not by the F.A. so he can play for our u21s but wouldnt have been able to join a foreign team

bdecuc

Is Kellet the guy Joyce specifically mentioned in an u21 post-match interview last year. The lad had picked up a knock or something and he'd played on against us and played very well. Showed lots of guts. Something along those lines anyway and Joyce specially picked him out on MUTV for praise. Pretty sure the lad was a left back? Anyone remember might that have been Kellet?

jb8521

Ah that shit confuses me too much. So can you play for 3 clubs if they are in the same country?
It confuses me as well but I think the way it works is that u21 games arent counted as competitive by the F.A. but are by Fifa and you can play for a 3rd club if its an emergency loan i.e. a loan outside the transfer window which is why Tom Lawrence was allowed play for 3 clubs last year because his loan to Carlisle was an emergency loan