Andy Mitten article about Anderson in ESPN

Nick7

God told me that this penalty was like a sweet; a cake.
If god said that every time he got the ball, he would have been better than Messi.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he can feck right off, he was 99% useless for us and by all accounts seemed to have a dire attitude. not sure why he feels the need to give these shitty interviews now, he has nobody to blame but himself.

but i'm sure some will still say "worth every penny for the penalty".

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Looks like he has lost 20 stone. Don't they have McDonald's and Nando's in Brazil?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I have three or four years left playing. After that, I want to be close to my family. I have five children: Three girls and two boys. I am friends with the mothers. I want to be close to my home, to relax.
Everything about Ando just screams "this guy knows how to enjoy life!".

Skills

Snitch
5 children explains everything. He was pregnant throughout his time here

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
His time with us is actually quite underrated - He was a very useful player until injuries derailed him. Became a bit of a comedy figure towards the end which was sad. Once he lost that explosive burst he had he was finished.

Revaulx

he can feck right off, he was 99% useless for us and by all accounts seemed to have a dire attitude. not sure why he feels the need to give these shitty interviews now, he has nobody to blame but himself.

I thought he was fantastic at first, and he showed glimpses of what he was capable of as late as 2011-12.

This happy victim stuff is really annoying though. He was injured for LVG’s first pre-season, and was utter shite in the MK Dons debacle. I don’t remember him playing another game under him. Sounds like his criticism comes from something he read in the press rather than anything first hand.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Brings me to tears reading that properly. About SAF leaving and RvP getting no love. Ando what a guy!

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah this weird cult around Anderson baffles me to be honest.

He was rubbish for the vast majority of his time here and incredibly unprofessional. How he managed to stay at Utd for 8 years is beyond me.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
His time with us is actually quite underrated - He was a very useful player until injuries derailed him. Became a bit of a comedy figure towards the end which was sad. Once he lost that explosive burst he had he was finished.
Was he? When? He was mostly really average in his first season and largely just got worse from there.

He cost us €30m, one of the world's most expensive teenagers at the time, winner of the Golden Boy, supposedly footballs' next big talent. When did he ever look like being that talent? I seriously can't think, he had a few sporadic good games for us and one decent month in 11/12 which people seem to look back on as if he was the omega when he was just playing well along with everyone else in the team (including Tom fecking Cleverley). I mean the guy didn't score a goal for us for something like four years!

Anderson should go down as nothing other than a massive waste of money and talent. He contributed sweet feck all in his time here to justify all the chances he got and the injuries and fitness issues the club put up with from him. He was a total waste of space.

The weirdest thing is that he never actually looked remotely as talented as he was made out to be. He couldn't shoot or finish for shit, his fitness was shite, his tackling was crap, his passing was risky and rarely found its man. His dribbling was decent I guess, but he never looked anything like this world beating talent we were supposed to be getting. Nani always looked like the far more talented player out of the two.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Guys, please don't post the full articles here. One, it's against the rules. Secondly, it affects their author's page views.

Cheers.

Djemba-Djemba

Was he? When? He was mostly really average in his first season and largely just got worse from there.

He cost us €30m, one of the world's most expensive teenagers at the time, winner of the Golden Boy, supposedly footballs' next big talent. When did he ever look like being that talent? I seriously can't think, he had a few sporadic good games for us and one decent month in 11/12 which people seem to look back on as if he was the omega when he was just playing well along with everyone else in the team (including Tom fecking Cleverley). I mean the guy didn't score a goal for us for something like four years!

Anderson should go down as nothing other than a massive waste of money and talent. He contributed sweet feck all in his time here to justify all the chances he got and the injuries and fitness issues the club put up with from him. He was a total waste of space.

The weirdest thing is that he never actually looked remotely as talented as he was made out to be. He couldn't shoot or finish for shit, his fitness was shite, his tackling was crap, his passing was risky and rarely found its man. His dribbling was decent I guess, but he never looked anything like this world beating talent we were supposed to be getting. Nani always looked like the far more talented player out of the two.
Agree with all that.

Has anyone got as impressive a medal collection as Anderson whilst contributing as little towards it as he did?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
This sentence needs to be read very carefully.

"I saw Manuela, who was like my mother, and my girlfriend"

Jagga7

:lol::lol: Haven't laughed so much as a player interview before.

"My family would watch TV all the time. I never watched it. I asked to watch the game. They said no. We argued. Something happened. There was blood in my mouth"

"Something happened" I'm pretty sure his mum clocked him in the mouth.

automaticflare

HE had his moments where his potential was evident IMO but mostly I agree. In reality he is a cult hero here not for his performances but for his attitude and carefree nature. He was infuriating to watch at times because he definitely had talent but was lazy. I still loved him though. He was a breath of fresh air sometimes with his antics in a sport which is slowly becoming more and more sanitized and lacking of character.

SirAF

Ageist

Because it’s true.

Charles Miller

Looks like he has lost 20 stone. Don't they have McDonald's and Nando's in Brazil?
In fact its in the top ten countries with more McDonald's locations but in the State he is living they are obsessed with churrasco(barbecue). He is probably in that diet of proteins.

Sing you a song

Never ceases to amaze me how vile some of our "fans " can be to our ex players

Probably not good enough for us but played with a smile on his face and loved the club

I always remember watching the players doing a lap of honour after winning a title and most as usual just milking every moment with there kids / family on the pitch ( understandable ), but remember Anderson dancing along then taking his shirt off running to the side of the pitch and presenting it to a little girl in the crowd , absolute class thing to do ! Good on you Ando you will always be welcome back

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In fact its in the top ten countries with more McDonald's locations but in the State he is living they are obsessed with churrasco(barbecue). He is probably in that diet of proteins.
Can't have churrasco without rice, farofa, and pão de queijo though. That's basically carb overload right there.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
:lol::lol: Haven't laughed so much as a player interview before.

"My family would watch TV all the time. I never watched it. I asked to watch the game. They said no. We argued. Something happened. There was blood in my mouth"

"Something happened" I'm pretty sure his mum clocked him in the mouth.
Hemingway-esque with that economical language.:lol:

Good character, never quite lived up to his potential and probably enjoyed the lifestyle a bit too much, but likable all the same.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I thought he was fantastic at first, and he showed glimpses of what he was capable of as late as 2011-12.

This happy victim stuff is really annoying though. He was injured for LVG’s first pre-season, and was utter shite in the MK Dons debacle. I don’t remember him playing another game under him. Sounds like his criticism comes from something he read in the press rather than anything first hand.
What do you mean that he read in the press? He trained under LvG so he very much experienced him. The training methods showed on the pitch and he got a top class player in Di María and made him question if football was really worth playing. Awful manager near the end.

Great interview however and some colorful anecdotes from NAndo. I wonder how he would have turned out had he not been converted.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't get the Ando hate in here at all. All he ever did was give 100% and at times he showed genuine glimpses of class. It never quite worked out for him but he never once caused any problems. Great character to have around.

Loved the article, was nice to hear about that team again from someone who was firmly in the middle of it.