Andy Mitten: United carried out an investigation into leaks from the dressing room

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i just don't get this forum. everyone bitches and moans when there is no communication and then they bitch and moan when there is direct unfiltered communication.

he was clearly not pissed. even in the most uncharitable interpretation that it was a PR stunt it's still ballsy of the guy to come down on his own and talk calmly and rationally to these guys.
he may not have been obviously pissed in this video but how do we know that he didnt stay there for hours, drinking more and more and exaggerating what we had to spend. how do we know that the end of it he wasn’t saying how he’s single-handedly saved the club and how we have 2 billion to spend on players but he’s just deciding which ones depending on who performs on his fm save?

stevoc

Just a process of elimination. He's been in England long enough. Mata too but if the leaker was a player directly I doubt it was him.

Of course, it could have been a family member/friend of Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Mata, Matic or Grant all being told. Doing it for the money rather than helping the player's image and without the player knowing until the investigation.
Matic doesn't seem the type. But you're right it could be a family member or friend of a player.

But anyway a lot of disruptive players have left so let's hope the leaking stops next season.

stevoc

Sorry I’m wrong. Your right. Innocent until caught on video doing it. With his Grandma as a witness to identify it’s him
No honestly mate you must be right, because I can't think of anything Rashford's done in the last few years that would have built up a lot of good will and respect for him among the press/media, zero. So therefore the only logical conclusion is positive Rashford story = Marcus is leaking information.

m1tch

Just a process of elimination. He's been in England long enough. Mata too but if the leaker was a player directly I doubt it was him.

Of course, it could have been a family member/friend of Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Mata, Matic or Grant all being told. Doing it for the money rather than helping the player's image and without the player knowing until the investigation.
My money would definitely be on it being a member of a player's family or friends, or their partner's family or friends. It's probably extremely difficult to find out who, the player involved might not even know it's them. The best solution is to have a generally very happy squad, as this means they'll moan less about 'work' when they're at home.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
My money would definitely be on it being a member of a player's family or friends, or their partner's family or friends. It's probably extremely difficult to find out who, the player involved might not even know it's them. The best solution is to have a generally very happy squad, as this means they'll moan less about 'work' when they're at home.
If Pogba didn't know it was his brother/agent leaking shit when they were on TV shows talking about how happy/upset he is...

roseguy64

Seems like the press have drummed up quite the whiter than white image of him.

Bit convenient.
Have heard good things about him from fans who've been around him for longer than a few minutes where it's become harder to keep it up if it was a facade.

Seij

He was training every day, helping the younger keepers out, doing his coaching badges and most importantly - occasionally holding up the subs number board on match day.
Best paid junior GK coach in the history of football?

m1tch

If Pogba didn't know it was his brother/agent leaking shit when they were on TV shows talking about how happy/upset he is...
Very true. I guess that's how you can make a statement like "club expects it to be less of an issue next season"!

lee82gx

Imagine Gazza or Rooney or Keano still playing, this leaking mess would’ve been easily dealt with on the training ground. One fine tackle from behind, off the ball and the leaker will be gone into sunset. But of course in their times their team mates were well on the other spectrum of loyalty so they never needed to do deal with something like. What a shame.

Red71

Who gives a feck who the leak is at this point!? A couple have supposedly gone and we have a new manager coming in who is hopefully going put an actual structure in place.

His first piece of business should be to tell everyone in the squad that they are starting afresh but if anyone talks to the media about our business from now on, they’re gone.

His second piece of business should be to tell every journalist that they are on notice to keep their noses clean and to cut out all the negative shite they keep writing about us. Start handing out bans like SAF from the presser, interviews etc…

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Knowing how much of a bellend journalists are these days, I wouldnt be surprised when they create a bombastic article revealing who the leakers were eventhough theyre the ones who gave them info.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So 'briefings' still happening to journalists from United players I see ...

Must be Lingard/Pogba/Matic....delete as appropriate...

...oh wait.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

...oh wait.
Examples?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

...oh wait.
Or maybe its journalists creating something out of nothing? Why would Castles take a shot at the person giving him the information if they actually existed?

Mainoldo

...oh wait.
What leaks?? The Ronaldo stuff? You reckon they found out all this stuff over the wkend? :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
There has been no briefings. Just one journalist, who is not the most reputable, put out a 2+2=5 tweet.

Dante

Average bang

Just a couple in the last week. But this is only preseason and most journalists are focused on transfer news.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There’s been loads of stuff over the last couple of weeks. Mainly positive. Journalists will always have contacts within the club. The idea that you get rid of one or two “moles” and everything that happens in the dressing room would remain secret was always pretty deluded.

mu4c_20le

The poor players, unable to express themselves and having to feed the goat all the time... imagine if they had to play for Messi's barca..

Robertd0803

Just a couple in the last week
Well if the Melissa Reddy tweet is true Im all for it. We have so Man Utd players that play in auto-pilot and only switch on when its too late that making them actually think is a good thing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Just a couple in the last week. But this is only preseason and most journalists are focused on transfer news.
Are these “leaks”?

The first might be if true, if not - not a leak.

The second isn’t a leak to worry about. It’s just standard off the record stuff that has gone on for decades.

The leaks the club was trying to snuff out was leaked team sheets and tactical briefings against staff.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Duncan Castles explicitly stating the word briefings from United players,
Plenty of Training ground updates,

Interesting to see these stories come out, despite the supposed leakers not being anywhere near this club