Andy "Big Baby" Robertson

adamwest

Can really whip in a cross too. Cracking little player in the making IMO

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s excellent, and was at Hull too. I kept championing us to sign him on here in the summer when reports were going around he could be gotten for about £8m or so.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Very good player and I said the same on here when he was at Hull.

SambaBoy

Not rated highly enough because he's Scottish and doesn't have a fancy name. Always thought he was a decent player for Hull and Scotland & could easily make the step up then sort of had a dip in form where it looked like he had found his level.

Managed to turn it around last season and got his move to Liverpool where he has went from strength to strength which goes to show there is still value in the market and not every signing has to be £30m+.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Biggest compliment I can give him is that fergie would have bought him (and probably maguire too) and turned them into league winners

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

£60k for what's probably the best left back in the league. I'm envious of their wage structure.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

£60k for what's probably the best left back in the league. I'm envious of their wage structure.
It all depends on how media report the wages.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True but even if there is an agenda there I still feel their structure is far healthier than ours.
Not agenda. It's how clubs/ agents feed the media. Liverpool also had very good wage bill last season or before that.

For example when Salah signed media reported he is on 90k which was nonsense as he was on more than that at Roma.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That figure has to be bullshit.
His agent needs the bullet if that is true.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
How good is Andy Robertson? Seems the type of player every fan would love to have in their team...nothing fancy but tenacious, full of energy and running and got genuine quality as well. Is he up there with the best left-backs in the world or is he just a very good Premier League left-back?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How good is Andy Robertson? Seems the type of player every fan would love to have in their team...nothing fancy but tenacious, full of energy and running and got genuine quality as well. Is he up there with the best left-backs in the world or is he just a very good Premier League left-back?
There aren't many quality LB's around with Marcelo & Filipe Luis aging. At this moment, Robertson belongs to the top tier of LB's, however I do think he benefits a lot from Klopp's coaching.

I'd say these are the top 10 LB's in the world currently, in no particular order:
Marcelo, Filipe Luis, Alex Sandro, Alba, Alaba, Robertson, Ghoulam, Mendy, Lucas Hernandez, Kolasinac?

Member 114837

Robertson is a very good left back, but he is still not at the level of Jordi Alba or Marcelo. Mendy does not play much, so can't compare with him, but Robertson is better than [Irrelevant point], who has his flaws playing as a full-back instead of a wing-back. By the way, I rate Luke Shaw too. Why he's not getting games, is he injured?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Bargain of the century.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
World class. Simple as. Incredible to think we got him from Hull for something like £8million.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Robertson is a very good left back, but he is still not at the level of Jordi Alba or Marcelo. Mendy does not play much, so can't compare with him, but Robertson is better than [Irrelevant point], who has his flaws playing as a full-back instead of a wing-back. By the way, I rate Luke Shaw too. Why he's not getting games, is he injured?
Completely disagree. He may not have quite the panache going forward as Marcelo but he's a better defender. If you gave me the choice of any of the above for United, I'd take Robertson, no question.

Bwuk

Love him as a player hate he plays for Liverpool.

So talented with a fantastic attitude. Imagine if Luke Shaw had Robertson’s fight and desire.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s perfect for what Klopp wants from his full backs.

Remember when Moreno started every week for us?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He’s perfect for what Klopp wants from his full backs.

Remember when Moreno started every week for us?
How the heck did Salah and Mane feck up Robbo's assist tally by missing those sitters he put on a plate? He should be asking for their keys to their beloved cars for that.

Member 114837

Completely disagree. He may not have quite the panache going forward as Marcelo but he's a better defender. If you gave me the choice of any of the above for United, I'd take Robertson, no question.
Modern day fullbacks are required to be more than a good defender, and not only cross. I agree Robertson is a very good defender and also quite good going forward as seen from today's evidence, but he still has to prove on a consistent basis to be considered in the top tier. Jordi Alba for me is the best left-back currently. Marcelo was outstanding two years ago, but he has declined.

Funnily when Robertson was bought from Hull, most Liverpool fans condemned the signing as another Moreno, Good bombing forward but a defensive calamity. But he has turned quite the opposite. Two things the Lad has in abundance is energy and humility, which I think will bring him success if he can continue the same.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Modern day fullbacks are required to be more than a good defender, and not only cross. I agree Robertson is a very good defender and also quite good going forward as seen from today's evidence, but he still has to prove on a consistent basis to be considered in the top tier. Jordi Alba for me is the best left-back currently. Marcelo was outstanding two years ago, but he has declined.

Funnily when Robertson was bought from Hull, most Liverpool fans condemned the signing as another Moreno, Good bombing forward but a defensive calamity. But he has turned quite the opposite. Two things the Lad has in abundance is energy and humility, which I think will bring him success if he can continue the same.
When the transfer was completed, I said on here that Robertson would go on to be one of the best LB's in the league, I got told not to get carried away by Liverpool fans on here :wenger:

I rate him very highly, think he's a wonderful footballer.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Brilliant brilliant left back. Shaw pre injury never got close to what Robertson has shown pretty consistently for Liverpool for a while now. For me in the top three left backs in Europe.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
World Class now. One of our 4 undoubtedly world class players.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he's actually world class. What a performance. Think he's had about one poor game since he got here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Happily gloat as I recollect arguing with @sincher when he was at Hull that we should sign him and that he could play for ‘any team in the league’. He laughed at me, and brought up Hull’s statistics as proof.

Na na, na, naa na :D

arthurka

World class. Simple as. Incredible to think we got him from Hull for something like £8million.
Fully agree, many talked about him but no one took the leap and signed him until Klopp snapped him up for peanuts.
Man was he ready to take that leap. He is playing like a man possessed atm.

Bwuk

Fully agree, many talked about him but no one took the leap and signed him until Klopp snapped him up for peanuts.
Man was he ready to take that leap. He is playing like a man possessed atm.
I actually think that's his biggest quality. Plays with a lot of passion and fight.

Watch how he plays - how many players in our squad show anywhere near that level of passion/commitment on the pitch?

arthurka

I actually think that's his biggest quality. Plays with a lot of passion and fight.

Watch how he plays - how many players in our squad show anywhere near that level of passion/commitment on the pitch?
Simple, One. Herrera is the only one you could say gives his all when he plays for Utd.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Happily gloat as I recollect arguing with @sincher when he was at Hull that we should sign him and that he could play for ‘any team in the league’. He laughed at me, and brought up Hull’s statistics as proof.

Na na, na, naa na :D
Show me where. I don't remember that at all.