Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin4glory

Is apparently very unsettled and looking for a way out of Madrid, seems to be over money. Usually I would just dismiss the speculation but it's fairly widespread and with Barca being in for Suarez and Madrid supposedly doing a deal for Kroos they've already got plenty of other news to focus on or make stories up about.

Last summer it seemed as if he was on the way out and actually grabbed his balls in a gesture to the Bernabeu crowd when he got whislted during a substitution but he went on to have arguably his best year at Madrid so I'm quite surprised to see he's looking out, the Independent have also ran a story just yesterday that PSG are first in line to sign him after him becoming "frustrated by the lack of loyalty shown by Madrid"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-as-psg-move-for-argentina-star-9578133.html

If rumours are believed Perez might cash in on him and use the funds to make a move for Rodriquez.

I think United should be all over this and a €40 would surely get the job done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Classic Madrid, getting rid of an excellent player because he isn't the flavor of the month at the moment...

Rodriguez has had an excellent world cup, but people have to remember it's only been 4 games. He's not a better player then Di Maria, maybe he will become one but he still has a lot to achieve, thankfully for everyone else though, Perez and Real Madrid are the most knee jerk club when it comes to making transfer decisions so I could easily see this being true.

red_7

Di Maria, Sneijder, Ronaldo...the name which come up if the papers run out of United stories

bosnian_red

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ester-united-is-now-all-fixed-by-jorge-mendes

Di Maria to Manchester United is now 'all fixed' by Jorge Mendes

Real Madrid have got it all figured out according to their current most friendly newspaper El Confidencial. They want a bright new shiny toy and what better one right now than James Rodriguez. The Colombian is the planet's most fashionable footballer to want right now and Florentino Perez will have eyes twinkling at the thought of his big unveiling at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.

That Angel Di Maria had a great season last time around is largely irrelevant. That the Argentine was man of the match as Real Madrid finally got La Décima in the Champions League is already forgotten. Di Maria is being ushered toward the exit and a new boy being lined up.

The character assassination has started, albeit tamely, just like it did last year with Mesut Ozil. It's Di Maria's fault, he wants too much money and is not committing himself enough to Real Madrid in interviews. The flying winger also made the grave mistake of suggesting that Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, which one Spanish newspaper put up as a sure sign that he's off.

Super agent Jorge Mendes has been tasked with sorting out a transfer and El Confidencial say he's sending Di Maria to Manchester United.

Di Maria to Manchester United is 'Todo solucionado' or 'All fixed', and would allow Perez to get James Rodriguez.

Despite saying that, El Confidencial also mention the interest of AS Monaco but say that club doesn't have the pull of Manchester United. Juventus have also been linked but if they couldn't scrape together €25m for Alexis Sanchez then it's a wonder how they'll get anywhere near to Real Madrid's asking price of €50m.

Jorge Mendes is said to have already launched his 'Operación salida... y entrada', the exit of Di Maria and entrance of Rodriguez.
:drool: Please be true, think it's vital we sign a winger, and there aren't very many better around the world then Di Maria.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He'd be incredible here. The perfect match of work rate and skill.

El-Manos

Would take him here in a heartbeat, shows up in the big matches as well which is a big plus.

Danillaco

Is probably the only realist signing for the wing I would prefer over Sanchez. Di Maria is just brilliant.

I dont even care about what is going to happen to Young and Nani, if we get him.

bosnian_red

Is probably the only realist signing for the wing I would prefer over Sanchez. Di Maria is just brilliant.

I dont even care about what is going to happen to Young and Nani, if we get him.
You care about what happens to them now though...?

Ace of Spades

I will forget all about the Bebe fiasco if this happened.

One thing that is obvious here is that we are looking for a winger. We are linked with Di Maria and Cuadrado.

I will be happy with either one of them.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Big Dave
Rafael - Smalling - Jones - Shaw
Herrera - Vidal
Januzaj - Mata - Di Maria
Persie
The team is starting to shape up nicely now. Work your magic Woody.

NMF

Big Dave
Herrera - Vidal
Persie

[/QUOTE
That would be the best transfer window we've ever had haha

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Why do Madrid want to sell him? So stupid of them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're crying out for a winger of the ilk of Di Maria in our team. I know we still need another midfielder but if we signed a top class winger i would be very confident going into the new season.

Brophs

The One and Only
Big Dave
Herrera - Vidal
Persie

The cnut thinks he's Usain Bolt.

Shimo

Vidal 45m, Di Maria 40m - and we still have a couple mil left over from the 150m war chest :)

bosnian_red

Big Dave
Herrera - Vidal
Persie

Are you leaving Hummels on the bench for this then?

Raul Madrid

Di marias great performances this year came from midfield and not the wing, although he did move out to the left sometimes to either provide width at times or to cover defensively for Ronaldo. His versatility was his biggest asset and it is what allowed him to keep isco out of the side.

bosnian_red

Why do Madrid want to sell him? So stupid of them.
Because James Rodriguez is the "in" player to talk about this summer, irregardless of the fact Di Maria is a better player and probably better fit for Real Madrid.

Cina

We were doing so well on the handsome squad front with the arrival of Herrera and Shaw though, it'd be a shame to let it slip now.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
El Confidencial saying they want to sell Di Maria to buy James Rodriguez. If ever there was a club that likes new shiny toys...

Shark

@NotShark
I detest Real Madrid. If we end up signing Di Maria because of their stupidity though, I might just like them a bit more for comedy reasons.

Plugsy

If Madrid want to move him on to make room for Rodriguez then we should be paying absolutely nothing like his true market value.

bosnian_red

We were doing so well on the handsome squad front with the arrival of Herrera and Shaw though, it'd be a shame to let it slip now.
We should just get Sanchez to keep it going right?

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I like Wazza and would keep him but if we are to play with one striker then Robin is hands down my pick in the starting XI.
I'd play Rooney over Januzaj. Plenty of time for young Adnan to develop before he's considered a permanent starting XI player.

Status
Not open for further replies.