Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If PSG are so hellbent on getting ADM I would suggest a trade in which Verratti comes our way...that is a win/win for all parties.
Verratti is exactly the sort of CM we should be in for.
And Di Maria is just the sort of creative force we need. So we'd need to find an adequate replacement. We have issues with creativity. Verrati won't solve them. A firing Di Maria possibly could.

I'm not saying we shouldn't accept that deal but we don't need to fill holes by opening others unless we have others to fill the emptied holes.

That reads brilliantly and disgustingly.

soapythecat

What length contract did he sign last year - 4/5? Regardless, if PSG want him now, he would cost a new world record fee. Never mind a poor season, he is still one of the biggest names out there.
Even if united needed to get rid (which we don't and the player is happy'wish), then contact length would dictate a much bigger fee than what we paid.
Unless United were to get enough money to mean recruiting Bale (which seems just as unlikely a transfer), then I can't see him going.
Personally, I think he will be brilliant this season.

Mister Ed

They will attack him. Al Khelaifi is a big admirer of him. Last season they were close to sign him, but the FFP stopped them. Since this failure, they kept asking his agent about his situation at United, and a lot of PSG's insiders are convinced that they will go for him, because he's an absolute must for them.

He will fit in their team either on a 4-3-3 with Ibra and Cavani upfront, and Pastore behind, or more a 4-4-2 diamond.

Anyway, Paris are so focused on him, the staff, the fans, but also the players...

I don't want him to leave, but knowing LVG, if PSG offers 80M€ for him (they're able to), then he'll be off to Madrid.... It'll all down the player I guess
:lol:

On a serious note if they want him they will have to go deep because we hold all the cards on this one.

I'd say they can have him for Cavani + Verratti or €120m cash.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What length contract did he sign last year - 4/5? Regardless, if PSG want him now, he would cost a new world record fee.
I think you forget that we are MUFC.
We buy high and sell cheap.
Like it or not, this is factually correct.

Aren't we selling Nani for £3.5M? I read that somewhere.
We are terrible when it comes to selling our players for the right money.
If we sold Di Maria, a likely fee would be in the region of £35M I think.
The 1 player which we are demanding good payment for is DDG and that is because he is our best player for the last 2 years. Di Maria doesnt fall into this category.

Personally thought, I think Di Maria will be playing for us next season and if he fails, then he will be off in 12 months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

The 1 player which we are demanding good payment for is DDG and that is because he is our best player for the last 2 years. Di Maria doesnt fall into this category.

Personally thought, I think Di Maria will be playing for us next season and if he fails, then he will be off in 12 months.
We won't sell him for 35 million. I'm confident of that. We bought him for almost 60. He's different from Nani in that he's still a hugely relevant player.

ravi2

Even if he has another sup-par season I doubt his value would plummet to under £40M, there are quite a few top tier teams (PSG,Bayern etc) that want him.

Godfather

No way should we even think about selling him. He's having a good Copa America and I think will come very good for us this season. PSG with their ridiculous 60 million EURO offer can do one.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
No way should we even think about selling him. He's having a good Copa America and I think will come very good for us this season. PSG with their ridiculous 60 million EURO offer can do one.
Yep. Besides, they're supposed to be limited to £50m net spending this summer. Daddy might have got them off this but we can't in good conscience aid them in breaking their prior agreement.

kundalini

I expect him to go to PSG this summer for a reasonably high fee, though not what we paid for him. I can't see him wanting to stay given the risk of being a sub. All the french press seem to think he is PSG's priority target for this transfer window. The articles I was reading state that PSG no longer have the imposed financial fair play spending limit, though they do have to make sure they stay within the normal rules.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/et-maintenant-a-quoi-va-ressembler-le-mercato-du-psg-899027.html

Last edited:

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Khelaifi isn't a fan of overpaying, he still has to balance the books and buying Di Maria surely would mean most of their budget is gone since we won't sell for less than what we've paid for Di Maria. He's going nowhere.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
There is no logic in selling him. It would be even beyond Real Madrid level of stupid to buy one of the best players in the world at a record fee and sell him after one bad season at a loss.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Khelaifi isn't a fan of overpaying, he still has to balance the books and buying Di Maria surely would mean most of their budget is gone since we won't sell for less than what we've paid for Di Maria. He's going nowhere.
They can give us Verratti :drool:

Then they can fill that whole in midfield with either David Lolz or Yohan Kebab!

Ps I'm just joking. I know the Verratti thing won't happen but he's the only player I'd think of swapping for, plus a bit of cash from their side. (I don't think Verratti is a 60m pound player, yet).

I wouldn't sell AdM for a cent less then we paid - and he has to personally want to leave.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I expect him to go to PSG this summer for a reasonably high fee, though not what we paid for him. I can't see him wanting to stay given the risk of being a sub. All the french press seem to think he is PSG's priority target for this transfer window. The articles I was reading state that PSG no longer have the imposed financial fair play spending limit, though they do have to make sure they stay within the normal rules.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/et-maintenant-a-quoi-va-ressembler-le-mercato-du-psg-899027.html
I doubt that matters. He will stay and start the entire season.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don't know why all of these rumors are still being created. He's repeatedly stated he wants to fight his way back with us.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Ps I'm just joking. I know the Verratti thing won't happen but he's the only player I'd think of swapping for, plus a bit of cash from their side. (I don't think Verratti is a 60m pound player, yet).
Arguably the best young midfielder in world football (better than Pogba imo) -- actually, other than Neymar, I don't think there's a player around, of a similar age bracket, who's as good as him. Easily a 60m pound player in today's market.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Arguably the best young midfielder in world football (better than Pogba imo) -- actually, other than Neymar, I don't think there's a player around, of a similar age bracket, who's as good as him. Easily a 60m pound player in today's market.
I agree - why aren't we hearing anything about Verratti? Is it a case of "run silent, run deep" from Woodward?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I actually tend to agree with you. Just don't want to go "overboard" on him because I've recently criticised the Pogba hype (price and wages!) around here.

But yeah. I wouldn't mind a straight swap with AdM. But the prices just goes to show the valuation in today's market. :lol: It's insane. 60m pounds should have gotten you 2 Bale's, but today you can't even buy 1 Bale.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's no way we're going to let him leave, especially for a 25m pound loss.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know why all of these rumors are still being created. He's repeatedly stated he wants to fight his way back with us.
The rumors aren't about him leaving, but about PSG making a big offer.

ravi2

Forget about that, unless United offer 60m+ Di Maria.
You seriously rate Verratti at around 100m?!
That is just taking the piss man.

Verratti and Di Maria should be a straight swap, both of their value is around the £50m mark today.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I wouldn't sell him for anything less than a £10m profit.

We have yet to see the best of him and we'd be a laughing stock around Europe paying such an amount of money on one player only to lose patience and take a huge financial hit this early in his contract.

It makes no sense from any perspective.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You seriously rate Verratti at around 100m?!
That is just taking the piss man.

Verratti and Di Maria should be a straight swap, both of their value is around the £50m mark today.
No I don't, but PSG don't need the money and they highly rate him. Only a totally absurd offer will make them change their mind or the only other possibility will be if Verratti goes on a strike and act unprofessionally.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
No I don't, but PSG don't need the money and they highly rate him. Only a totally absurd offer will make them change their mind or the only other possibility will be if Verratti goes on a strike and act unprofessionally.
Same can be said for Manchester United and di Maria.

Devil may care

If Bayern want him it'll take Muller, if PSG want him it'll take Verratti, in other words Di Maria better get ready for another year in Manchester.

Devil may care

For our purposes at this time: Verratti>Di Maria>Muller.
I'm not sure I agree, Muller can play anywhere across the frontline and is such a smart player that knows LvG and his methods well. The fact he would score goals from either side of the #9 or as the #9 if Rooney is out would be a huge bonus to us.

ravi2

I'm not sure I agree, Muller can play anywhere across the frontline and is such a smart player that knows LvG and his methods well. The fact he would score goals from either side of the #9 or as the #9 if Rooney is out would be a huge bonus to us.

But buying Muller would mean Rooney back in the CM or CAM and I don't think anyone here wants that on a permanent basis.

Devil may care

But buying Muller would mean Rooney back in the CM or CAM and I don't think anyone here wants that on a permanent basis.
Not if Di Maria went the opposite way. It would be Memphis-Rooney-Muller as the front 3, and when Rooney was out Muller could cover as the #9.

ravi2

Not if Di Maria went the opposite way. It would be Memphis-Rooney-Muller as the front 3, and when Rooney was out Muller could cover as the #9.

That could work, as long as we get Schneiderlin.
Herrera-Carrick-Schneiderlin behind those 3 would be solid IMO.

LilRicky

Quote from Interview with Argentinian Media

"My first year in every club I've played never has gone well. I improve and finish very well. I know I will repeat it at #mufc."
Sounds like he is raring to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.