Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

There's like 5 weeks until the start of the season, hopefully he'll be healed up by then. Probably won't play the first game against Spurs though because he lacks match rhythm or something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gotta feel for him, pulled his hamstring both for the world cup final last year and now at the start of the copa america final.

shabz

Hopefully it's not too bad. He seems to be aware of his own body and usually gets himself out of situation where he feels he can do further injury, such a shame though as he was playing really well and now the rhythm has been broken.

MDFC Manager

He did actually give an interview where he said he didn't think he should have been dropped. Or words to that effect. You must have missed it.

This latest interview is more encouraging.
I think he said "it's a little hard to explain why I don't play", which IMO sounds a lot less worse than saying "I shouldn't have been dropped". My interpretation was that he was basically shrugging it off, rather than showing entitlement to play every game.

IIRC the British media just gave a sensationalist headline to the same interview.

I think a Spanish speaker would be better suited to interpret what he might have actually meant. @jojojo?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think he said "it's a little hard to explain why I don't play", which IMO sounds a lot less worse than saying "I shouldn't have been dropped". My interpretation was that he was basically shrugging it off, rather than showing entitlement to play every game.

IIRC the British media just gave a sensationalist headline to the same interview.

I think a Spanish speaker would be better suited to interpret what he might have actually meant. @jojojo?
I think they must have asked him something about it being odd because United had paid so much money for him. He did say, "it's a little difficult to explain why I'm not playing." Which is one of those things that's hard to pin down. The way I read it was that he was actually saying, "I'm not going to explain it." But it's a print interview so you don't really know how it was said, or even what was cut/paraphrased by the reporter.

The bit where he does sound frustrated to me is when they ask what position he'd been playing for LvG. He says something like, "Ahead of Rooney, in the middle, wide. I don't care where I play, if I'm playing." But he also talks about being criticised and heckled by Madrid fans, but proving himself there, and that he can prove himself again at United.

I really didn't see much negative in that interview. He doesn't like being on the bench - good. He knows that just because he cost a lot of money, he doesn't have the right to be an automatic starter - also good. He thinks he can do better - very good.

Incidentally it's at:
http://api.ning.com/files/sMzwNc2e8...mjzAy8QIMuWS/ScreenShot20150624at12.34.00.png

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Hopefully Giggs will be giving him advise on how to prevent hamstring injuries.

Empire

He was out of form but he was still really productive, he just needs to make those really simple passes without losing possession and also calm down on the long range shots but even then I don't mind those or the crosses that miss their target by miles because he will still create a great chance or two or three in a match, the simple short passes he somehow messes up are the dangerous ones because then we get hit on the counter.

I want him to play though, he can have the ball on the touchline but still deliver a pin point cross to Rooney or now even Depay will probably score a few headers. I also like Juan Mata since he is productive too but the midfield of Carrick, Herrera and Mata is probably too light weight and playing him just off the striker would mean more defensive responsibility for Depay and Angel di Maria.

MDFC Manager

I think they must have asked him something about it being odd because United had paid so much money for him. He did say, "it's a little difficult to explain why I'm not playing." Which is one of those things that's hard to pin down. The way I read it was that he was actually saying, "I'm not going to explain it." But it's a print interview so you don't really know how it was said, or even what was cut/paraphrased by the reporter.

The bit where he does sound frustrated to me is when they ask what position he'd been playing for LvG. He says something like, "Ahead of Rooney, in the middle, wide. I don't care where I play, if I'm playing." But he also talks about being criticised and heckled by Madrid fans, but proving himself there, and that he can prove himself again at United.

I really didn't see much negative in that interview. He doesn't like being on the bench - good. He knows that just because he cost a lot of money, he doesn't have the right to be an automatic starter - also good. He thinks he can do better - very good.

Incidentally it's at:
http://api.ning.com/files/sMzwNc2e8...mjzAy8QIMuWS/ScreenShot20150624at12.34.00.png
Thank you. It's good to hear that he wants to fight it out and is focused on making it here.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Of all times to get injured this would be the best, he can relax now and he'll be back for the start in August.
Yeah I was thinking that. Given that Argentina got to the final of the CA I assume he would have been joining the pre-season tour late anyway.

Riz

Just rewatching his performance against QPR, was stunning that day. Dying to see him get back to that level in our shirt, hopefully this injury isn't too serious. Talk of selling him is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.