Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Champagne Football

A Van Gaal or a Jose is the worst thing to happen a player like Di Maria.

A Fergie or a Pochettino will tell a Di Maria to go out, enjoy yourself, put on a show.

A Van Gaal or a Jose will say 'I'm the only King around here, you are nothing and you do it my way or I'll dump you on the bench for 3 months.'

mu4c_20le

Bit odd that he still holds a grudge, when it was Madrid that didn't want him and put him on the transfer market. Maybe he still has nightmares about that night in Paris?

A Fergie or a Pochettino will tell a Di Maria to go out, enjoy yourself, put on a show.

A Van Gaal or a Jose will say 'I'm the only King around here, you are nothing and you do it my way or I'll dump you on the bench for 3 months.'
Van Gaal played him in the hole and gave him the freedom to do whatever he wanted. He often went missing because he couldn't handle the physicality of the league, and would drop his head when things aren't going well.

Champagne Football

Bit odd that he still holds a grudge, when it was Madrid that didn't want him and put him on the transfer market. Maybe he still has nightmares about that night in Paris?

Van Gaal played him in the hole and gave him the freedom to do whatever he wanted. He often went missing because he couldn't handle the physicality of the league, and would drop his head when things aren't going well.
He's come out saying before that he couldn't adapt to Van Gaal rigid tactics. Add that to the fact he couldn't speak a word of English, probably didn't like the weather/culture/food which can take a South American a few seasons to get used to.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
First ITW he ever gave at Utd he said that he wanted to go to PSG but since there were FFP regulations, he went to United. We were never his choice, merely a transit for PSG.

Djemba-Djemba

The camera cutting to his face immediately after we knocked them out last year is one of my favourite ever Utd memories.

He's a fecking fanny

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
For what it's worth, it was not him who made the comments so can't blame him really. I still see it as Van Gaal's failure and the fact that he didn't want to be here. A great player nonetheless but lacked the mental strength required to make it here (or didn't want to use it)

AshRK

I won't blame the manager for Di maria's failure here. He never wanted to be here and was just trying to make excuses to cover his flaws.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Irrespective of how things went here, the guy is a top class player and shows it more often than not.
He is absolutely top class and was categorised as a Galactico signing when he arrived at OT.
Shame (for us) it didn't work out for him.
I remember in one of his first games for us, he was running the show in attack. Creating/scoring goals. I remember when he was playing for us in his first few games, people commented that they couldn't believe that such a good player plays for us.

It all changed after that Leicester game.
Even in the LCFC game, which we lost, we still scored 3 goals in the first 60 minutes! That's how attacking we were under LVG. << surely LVG and attacking is an oxymoron :confused:
After that defeat, LVG went ultra defensive and no longer gave our attackers free reign and our target was to win matches 1-0 or settle for a 0-0 draw.
I do wonder what would've happened had LVG ignored the LCFC game (put it down as a one-off anomaly) and continued to play attacking football. LVG could've turned us into an ultra attacking machine. We'd have lost matches, but the thrashings that we would have dished out would've been something to remember.

Some say that he lacked backbone. I don't believe this. I think he does work hard and is prepared to put in graft. One of his last games for us was the Arsenal FA Cup game, when he got sent off. That match, he was running everywhere and desperately wanted to put in a match winning performance, even though we were 1-0 down. Someone with no backbone won't do that.

nikineil

Is this the same Jose who got the best out of Di Maria in a Left CM role for Real Madrid?

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's an amazing player and he's showing his true form again for Paris (he's arguably been their most consistent performer this season), but his behaviour really leaves you no option of liking him.
Yep.

Was probably my favourite player in the world to watch in his last season at Madrid. Now, feck him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Some say that he lacked backbone. I don't believe this. I think he does work hard and is prepared to put in graft. One of his last games for us was the Arsenal FA Cup game, when he got sent off. That match, he was running everywhere and desperately wanted to put in a match winning performance, even though we were 1-0 down. Someone with no backbone won't do that.
I think he was unable to act as a main man in a long run. He is a hard-working player who thrives when the main focus is on someone else, but when he is the one expected to produce match-winning performances week in, week out, it overwhelms him. In one game you would often see him trying hard and performing well, I mean, take a look at his CL final performance.

mu4c_20le

Maguire still needs to do something like this to completely win me over as captain

pablo__p

Signing a player that doesn't want to be here is on the club. Players should be vetted and be good fits not only from the way they play perspective but also mentality and motivation.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

-What did you not like about Manchester?

"Basically everything. I disliked everything about it. Everyone is skinny. You walk around and you don't know if they will kill you or not. The food is disgusting. The girls all use a lot of make up, like they are dolls"

:lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
She must have been on some serious drugs to assume everyone wanted to kill her?

In reality I'm betting no one knew who the hell she was if she was walking on her own.

Skills

Snitch

"Basically everything. I disliked everything about it. Everyone is skinny. You walk around and you don't know if they will kill you or not. The food is disgusting. The girls all use a lot of make up, like they are dolls"

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I don't buy this "the food is disgusting", the UK is full of foreign food so even if you don't like British food you can eat practically anything you want. Moreover, she could just cook at home unless she can't cook.

Raw

Jesus. No wonder his performances fell flat on their arse with a wife this unhappy with where she lived.

AaronRedDevil

She must have been on some serious drugs to assume everyone wanted to kill her?

In reality I'm betting no one knew who the hell she was if she was walking on her own.
Didn’t their house get broken into, in Manchester? She has a valid reason :lol:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The thing about north british girls and make up is spot on though :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's funny to me that us Brits are so self-depricating, that we can listen to Angel Di Maria's wife call Manchester a shit City and go, "you know what? She's got a point" :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
As someone who's lived in Manchester his whole life, i often wonder how I've survived the way some talk about the city :lol:

90 + 5min

It looks to me like she has been in the walking dead series.

I am happy for her, now living in a place with fat people that don’t try to kill her. I am also happy that she loves food nowdays and that nobody wears make up. Not even her.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Didn’t their house get broken into, in Manchester? She has a valid reason :lol:
True, I wouldn't know what it would feel like to have a break in, but to claim a whole City is murderous goes too far the other way.

Also, doesn't Paris have a fairly healthy crime rate?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Basically everything. I disliked everything about it. Everyone is skinny. You walk around and you don't know if they will kill you or not. The food is disgusting. The girls all use a lot of make up, like they are dolls"
Skinny = Crackhead in this context

The Red Thinker

Scummy man. Scummy woman who is nothing but vainglorious. Even if you held such views to say it openly says a lot about the woman and the man.

These are the kind of assholes that Solskjaer will never bring in.