Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Most of the country is a shithole. Asylum seekers will soon be adopting the same attitude as her.

vanderpants

Are you sure she wasn't dumped in Liverpool and left there? And being based around Alderley Edge is far from a shithole compared to some of the inner city estates of manchester!

Bwuk

I don’t really have an issue with it.

They never settled and wanted to leave.

If any of us took a job in a foreign country and our family were unhappy we’d want to leave too.

It is frustrating as he should of been the answer to a lot of our issues.

El Zoido

If any of us took a job in a foreign country and our family were unhappy we’d want to leave too.

Yeah I’ve no problem with it, but shouldn’t we be looking at this kind of stuff before making a large money transfer? All factors should be considered, it’s a big risk to bring in any player who isn’t happy with his life outside the club.

cyberman

Wouldnt they have lived in Cheshire or somewhere? Pretty sure they werent walking around the city centre and that is a fantastic place to live

Pav1878

Yeah I’ve no problem with it, but shouldn’t we be looking at this kind of stuff before making a large money transfer? All factors should be considered, it’s a big risk to bring in any player who isn’t happy with his life outside the club.
My thoughts exactly. We should be meeting with the player, his family and representatives and although we are looking at the player primarily, we need to make sure his wife or significant other is not a complete idiot like Di maria's

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Those things didn't enter the mind of adult Disneyland craver Woodward back then. In fact it took a 'PE teacher cheerleader' for him to realise that character, desire, commitment etc. are factors you simply have to take into consideration.

LiquidSnake

My thoughts exactly. We should be meeting with the player, his family and representatives and although we are looking at the player primarily, we need to make sure his wife or significant other is not a complete idiot like Di maria's
From what I understood, that's what recruiters and head scout are supposed to do... Funnily enough, they do that more about small/risky transfers rather than the big one where they think they will hit an instant jackpot.

As for the comments, I always find weird the comments from some rich people that lives in a bubble about a city.

Don't get me wrong I can totally believe Paris might be better than Manchester for one, like a lot of reason... But I'm pretty sure she doesn't know anything about Manchester area, like I'm pretty sure she doesn't know anything about Paris area actually.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Most of the country is a shithole. Asylum seekers will soon be adopting the same attitude as her.
I knew one guy who left a civil war and persecution in his country and came to the UK. He walked down the street in Manchester and decided to take the first flight home because conditions were better there.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why are they not able to move on? Quite sad really.

Its a shame about what happened, and sadly, its seems to have left quite a bitter taste in their mouths, but to talk about a city like that confirms that, regardless of all the money they have, you just can't buy class.

SuperiorXI

How can you say the food is shit? The UK doesn't really have a unique cuisine it sticks to, you can find anything... anywhere. Might struggle with bat soup.

We really cocked up with this transfer... surely the number one question is does the player want to come here for the right reasons? If the answer is no and you go ahead with the transfer you have pissed away your dosh.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

This. There is crazy hate to Di Maria, but I'm not sure where he disrespected the club unless I've missed anything.

He tried it didn't work, he couldn't settle in the city or the league and wanted out. No hard feelings from me but fans hated him relentlessly for it. Am I missing something he did here?

Pav1878

From what I understood, that's what recruiters and head scout are supposed to do... Funnily enough, they do that more about small/risky transfers rather than the big one where they think they will hit an instant jackpot.

As for the comments, I always find weird the comments from some rich people that lives in a bubble about a city.

Don't get me wrong I can totally believe Paris might be better than Manchester for one, like a lot of reason... But I'm pretty sure she doesn't know anything about Manchester area, like I'm pretty sure she doesn't know anything about Paris area actually.
Exactly. What struck me about her comments was the fact Aguero's wife at the time was Argentinian also and didn't seem to have a problem with Manchester or Cheshire in general.

About Paris, I was there for several years and believe me there are some very bad areas, the difference being they have just been pushed to the outskirts of the city so the centre is kept very nice. Every city has good and bad.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Why are they not able to move on? Quite sad really.

Its a shame about what happened, and sadly, its seems to have left quite a bitter taste in their mouths, but to talk about a city like that confirms that, regardless of all the money they have, you just can't buy class.
They are amongst the 1% in the middle of a pandemic and still can’t shut up. What exactly has she done that’s so great apart from be on the arm of a footballer? Having a rich husband? Transfers and dealing with the media with a little class are as much a part of the job as the football nowadays. Absolutely classless and it’s been going on for years now. I hate Di Maria more than any other footballer, easily. Cmere too wasn’t he quoted as saying he wanted to play for United when he was back in Argentina/Portugal? (I couldn’t be arsed googling him and I’ve literally nothing else for doing!) I’m fairly sure he was. How we ever signed him is beyond me. Do you want to play for United? Eh Kinda but only if Madrid fully push me out and PSG don’t want me. PSG! ... Great let’s splash a record fee on him. Fml.

rollingstoned1

Why won't she say what she really thinks? :D
Seriously though, for 2 guys who come from the same country they have such wildly conflicting views. Tevez loved england and the fish n chips even though he couldn't speak a lick of english. different Strokes I suppose.

LiquidSnake

Exactly. What struck me about her comments was the fact Aguero's wife at the time was Argentinian also and didn't seem to have a problem with Manchester or Cheshire in general.
I can understand the food and weather thing, but I think it just say more about her rather than Argentinian people in general.

About Paris, I was there for several years and believe me there are some very bad areas
Mate, I lived in Paris region and actually all of his "departement" these past 10-12 years, so I do know how terrible Paris and the Ile de France can be :lol:

the difference being they have just been pushed to the outskirts of the city so the centre is kept very nice.
IIRC most of the PSG players live in Haut de Seine suburbs, in cities like Bougival, Louvenciennes etc... Some very rich and calm cities, with great parks etc... Then they go to some select "restaurants/clubs/chicha bar" whatever... There's a small argentinian community in Paris, for example they (and football and rugby players) usually all go to the Volver restaurant (maybe since then there's other venues).

They can go shopping to Paris midweek in the middle of the afternoon when traffic is still somewhat cool. Like you say they are in their channel way of life. She will tell you Paris is absolutely majestic etc... It would be funny for her to say that as she does not have to take a full Metro 12 up to Porte de la Chappelle and Aubervilliers with sometimes actual crackheads.

Stunning city for vacation and rich people, besides that a lot of "middle class" parisians are trying to find way to go live/work in other french cities, funnily enough sometimes qualified as "terrible"...

Every city has good and bad.
Absolutely, that's why I cringe whenever I see someone critize a city.

fps

It's unfair to call her an idiot. It simply wasn't the place for her. Yes there are then some sweeping generalisations, but that's people....

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I knew one guy who left a civil war and persecution in his country and came to the UK. He walked down the street in Manchester and decided to take the first flight home because conditions were better there.
I just read a quote from the Brazilian footballer Emerson's wife dismissing her then-new habitat as 'a dark and dangerous place' and claiming that relatives were 'scared to step off the plane' onto the famously mean streets of...Middlesborough.

OverratedOpinion

I reckon a mansion in Cheshire is probably a hell of a lot better than wherever she would be living if a bloke who kicks a football well didn't fancy her for some inexplicable reason.

This. There is crazy hate to Di Maria, but I'm not sure where he disrespected the club unless I've missed anything.

He tried it didn't work, he couldn't settle in the city or the league and wanted out. No hard feelings from me but fans hated him relentlessly for it. Am I missing something he did here?
did he try though?

he gave up and didn’t put in the requisite effort that was required.

he used the club as a sideways move to get to PSG - and cost the club a fortune in doing so.

he’s a rat and will never be welcome back. Honestly, I’d rather Tevez, despite him being thick as a brick you knew he was going to put a shift in (unless he was playing golf).

should never have gone near such a weak minded player.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Is Manchester really that bad? I visited 2 years back and it wasn’t as bad as I thought. The city center has some weird characters at times and I did fee a little insecure on the trams/stations but overall it was ok.

Come to think about it I think the stations and trams are probably the weirdest part of the city - it can get a little strange and quiet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
did he try though?
Of course he did. He had personal problems in terms of feeling secure in the country and LVG played him massively out of position, moving him around the pitch and implementing a system that's of no use to a player like Di Maria whatsoever.
he gave up and didn’t put in the requisite effort that was required.
Where are you getting this from? Just watching some poor performances from us? Lazy conclusion there.
he used the club as a sideways move to get to PSG - and cost the club a fortune in doing so.
If I'm not mistaken there were reports that he always wanted PSG (reports before he even joined us) but PSG couldn't get him that year due to FFP. Ultimately if we wanted to get a player who didn't even want to come to us in the first place, we're the mugs.
he’s a rat and will never be welcome back. Honestly, I’d rather Tevez, despite him being thick as a brick you knew he was going to put a shift in (unless he was playing golf).
should never have gone near such a weak minded player.
Cool, so in conclusion your hatred is based on literally nothing, and is greater than some bellend mercenary who moved to City because he couldn't be fecked to fight for his place, who went on with a "RIP Fergie" sign after he won the title. Good one.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I can kind of understand why she would feel that way going from Madrid to Manchester, in fairness. I actually liked Manchester from the couple of times I was there for games, I'm sure it's a fun city to live in, but I could perfectly understand why someone, especially from Latin culture, would hate it as a place to live in.
IIRC most of the PSG players live in Haut de Seine suburbs, in cities like Bougival, Louvenciennes etc... Some very rich and calm cities, with great parks etc... Then they go to some select "restaurants/clubs/chicha bar" whatever... There's a small argentinian community in Paris, for example they (and football and rugby players) usually all go to the Volver restaurant (maybe since then there's other venues).

They can go shopping to Paris midweek in the middle of the afternoon when traffic is still somewhat cool. Like you say they are in their channel way of life. She will tell you Paris is absolutely majestic etc... It would be funny for her to say that as she does not have to take a full Metro 12 up to Porte de la Chappelle and Aubervilliers with sometimes actual crackheads.

Stunning city for vacation and rich people, besides that a lot of "middle class" parisians are trying to find way to go live/work in other french cities, funnily enough sometimes qualified as "terrible"...
Your point about them living in areas disconnected from the day to day realities of inhabitants is true (but I would say that's the case for most professional footballers, whatever the country is), but can't quite agree with the other parts about Paris. And the reason why many middle class people want to move from Paris is to go to quieter and more affordable cities, criminality isn't one of the main criteria. There are still unsafe pockets (less and less every year with the raise of rent and property, and the general gentrification of the city), but generally speaking it's a safe city.

0le

-What did you not like about Manchester?

"Basically everything. I disliked everything about it. Everyone is skinny. You walk around and you don't know if they will kill you or not. The food is disgusting. The girls all use a lot of make up, like they are dolls"

:lol:
Personally I wouldn't ever have come to the conclusion that everyone is skinny. I think it is reasonable have the opinion that English food is bland because it often has little spices and herbs, but to call it disgusting is far fetched to be honest.The women in the UK do use excessive amounts of makeup for my taste, but I'm not sure what that is like for women abroad.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Di Maria is a snake for the way he handled his time here and his wife’s comments are odd, but Manchester as much as I love it is pretty grimey. The city centre continues to improve over time and I think over the next 10-20 years it will be very different but I do understand why people would prefer other cities.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't buy this "the food is disgusting", the UK is full of foreign food so even if you don't like British food you can eat practically anything you want. Moreover, she could just cook at home unless she can't cook.
Yeah but she's obviously a pompous new wealth cnut. So there's that to keep in mind.

Irwin99

I guess you either take to it or you don't. I noticed that Herrera and Mata seemed to like exploring the city, the history, and the outskirts judging by their social media content.

MattofManchester

Pretty sure where they grew up in Argentina was a lot worse than where they were in Manchester.
This just reeks of entitlement of those who got a taste of wealthy life.
England has also become a hub for foreign footballers who all seem to gel quite well in the country.

I've yet to see anyone complain to these levels.

She just seems like a bitter old woman who needs to feel better about herself.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There's two types of people.

1) People who don't think they're a part of the world elite, on a higher echelon of human existence compared to the poor folk that they've left behind from their previous life (because they were always brought up believing they were destined for something greater, like pumping a footballer), and therefore everyone is begging to listen to their overly dramatic whimsical tosh.

2) People who do believe all that.

I'll give you two guesses on which category this arsehole is in.