Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's funny to me that us Brits are so self-depricating, that we can listen to Angel Di Maria's wife call Manchester a shit City and go, "you know what? She's got a point" :lol:
Loved every second of my visit to Manchester but Jesus, the weather at times... I finally understood the "cold wet windy Tuesday night at Stoke" reference

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Don't worry we can always remember Di Maria's smug look being wiped away when we pumped psg out the champions league

RedDevil@84

Maybe I can give a benefit of doubt to Di Maria, now that it looks like that he had a nagging wife at home. Between the dinosaur at work and wife at home, it is not crazy to want out :D :D

arthurka

I can understand the food and weather thing, but I think it just say more about her rather than Argentinian people in general.

Mate, I lived in Paris region and actually all of his "departement" these past 10-12 years, so I do know how terrible Paris and the Ile de France can be :lol:

IIRC most of the PSG players live in Haut de Seine suburbs, in cities like Bougival, Louvenciennes etc... Some very rich and calm cities, with great parks etc... Then they go to some select "restaurants/clubs/chicha bar" whatever... There's a small argentinian community in Paris, for example they (and football and rugby players) usually all go to the Volver restaurant (maybe since then there's other venues).

They can go shopping to Paris midweek in the middle of the afternoon when traffic is still somewhat cool. Like you say they are in their channel way of life. She will tell you Paris is absolutely majestic etc... It would be funny for her to say that as she does not have to take a full Metro 12 up to Porte de la Chappelle and Aubervilliers with sometimes actual crackheads.

Stunning city for vacation and rich people, besides that a lot of "middle class" parisians are trying to find way to go live/work in other french cities, funnily enough sometimes qualified as "terrible"...

Absolutely, that's why I cringe whenever I see someone critize a city.
A French friend of mine who lived there for most of his life couldn't believe his luck when he met his to be wife and she wanted to move closer to her family in Lyon. Was mugged twice on separate occasions in Paris while visiting him but been to Manchester at least 30 times and have never been mugged so for me Manchester is much better :lol: .. But believe me as a person who has lived in many different cities in Europe and the States no city is perfect and no city is all bad but the only thing that is certain is that you take yourself and you attitude towards that city with you when you go there.

Stepney73

I could never get my head round the decision from the board to sign off this transfer as it was clear from day 1 that he didn't really want to come here and wanted PSG and on top of that he was dragged out of Madrid kicking and screaming.
Latin players as a rule don't tend to settle well in England(more so outside London)with the climate,language,culture etc.
I have always preferred Northern European and Scandinavian players as most will speak English,won't mind the climate and their families will move over with them without problems.

Saying that the club at least seems to be learning from mistakes like this(meaning most of our squad now looks like they want to be here)

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What an absolute idiot doing this during Corona. Hope he gets a very long ban.

RashyForPM

Loved every second of my visit to Manchester but Jesus, the weather at times... I finally understood the "cold wet windy Tuesday night at Stoke" reference
Firstly, I realise I’m replying to a 4 month old post. Also, I must say that while the few days I had in Manchester were some of the best in my life to date, it truly is a pretty shit city :lol: The rain was constant and there is shite all to do bar visit OT and Manchester Arena.

Back on topic, AdM has to be banned for the rest of the season for spitting. There is nothing more despicable in football bar racism than gobbing at a fellow professional.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Firstly, I realise I’m replying to a 4 month old post. Also, I must say that while the few days I had in Manchester were some of the best in my life to date, it truly is a pretty shit city :lol: The rain was constant and there is shite all to do bar visit OT and Manchester Arena.

Back on topic, AdM has to be banned for the rest of the season for spitting. There is nothing more despicable in football bar racism than gobbing at a fellow professional.
Any actual footage of him doing it?

Given he tested positive for Covid a few weeks ago, it's especially grim if he did.

Should get more than standard ban for this.
Police should get involved if there's clear footage of him doing it, considering he had the virus recently. That's what would happen if you or I were caught doing that.

Police should get involved if there's clear footage of him doing it, considering he had the virus recently. That's what would happen if you or I were caught doing that.
Just think of the punishment if you did that on the street? There’s no reason why it should be any different on a football pitch. The fact that he’s had the virus, is abhorrent - if he did spot at the opposition.

Pretty horrific game from PSG - reminds me of the 90s - not seen a good brawl for years.

RashyForPM

Any actual footage of him doing it?

Given he tested positive for Covid a few weeks ago, it's especially grim if he did.
Loads of news reports and videos circulating. It seems like a mini-spit, but it’s still horrendous.

Yagami

Good post resistant

I wish it was as cold and rainy as you guys think. The sun and heat here are far too nosey round these parts for my liking.

Paul_Scholes18

How much would he cost to bring back?
Could be our right winger!
I guess he would not want to move to us so that is the biggest problem.
PSG has no reason to sell either.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How much would he cost to bring back?
Could be our right winger!
I guess he would not want to move to us so that is the biggest problem.
PSG has no reason to sell either.
I was shocked after reading this post and glancing to the left and not seeing the New Member label

Eddy_JukeZ

I think he should be banned for the entire season(after seeing that 1 video).

Spitting on someone is inhuman and disgusting.

The fact he did so after recently testing for Covid-19 compounds the issue massively.

He should be taught a lesson.

MetoTTT

He spat beacause of the Old Trafford's beer. Half PSG team is a disgrace. Neymar wins hands down...what a clown!

Paul_Scholes18

I was shocked after reading this post and glancing to the left and not seeing the New Member label
It didn't work out last time and he wanted to leave. Although things could change a second time.
He is a world class player that we could need.

Paul_Scholes18

No white text? Ghe guy who didn’t want to be at United, who now spat at another player, you want back?
He didn't want to be at United for reasons outside football and also not play under LVG.
Both those things can change. He is a brilliant player in the right mind. I don't think he want to leave PSG for us again, but we could still just look at him as an option.
Yeah silly thing to do to spat at Corona times. Although our own players are no saints in this apart from Rashford and Lindelöf.
Should be a ban for a few games. I do not remember how long Totti got when he did it vs Denmark.

Eddy_JukeZ

He didn't want to be at United for reasons outside football and also not play under LVG.
Both those things can change. He is a brilliant player in the right mind. I don't think he want to leave PSG for us again, but we could still just look at him as an option.
Yeah silly thing to do to spat at Corona times. Although our own players are no saints in this apart from Rashford and Lindelöf.
Should be a ban for a few games. I do not remember how long Totti got when he did it vs Denmark.
Some of our players have been guilty of not following guidelines.

However, none of them went and spat on someone after they tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks ago.

Don't want players of that ilk at United at all. He should be banned for a very lengthy period.

Paul_Scholes18

Some of our players have been guilty of not following guidelines.

However, none of them went and spat on someone after they tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks ago.

Don't want players of that ilk at United at all. He should be banned for a very lengthy period.
Yeah him being tested positive for Covid makes it worse. I guess he was not thinking in the heat of the moment.
It was a really crazy game for sure. Could have had more red cards than it had.

I don't know the rules for these types of things, but I am sure he will get a ban.
If they have changed the rules for Covid consideration I do not know.

I do not ideally want him back, but getting a bit desperate with no sancho or any other right winger coming in so just opened for the possibility.
Few better right wingers than Di Maria who can also play in multiple roles around in world football.