Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Rossa

He didn't want to be at United for reasons outside football and also not play under LVG.
Both those things can change. He is a brilliant player in the right mind. I don't think he want to leave PSG for us again, but we could still just look at him as an option.
Yeah silly thing to do to spat at Corona times. Although our own players are no saints in this apart from Rashford and Lindelöf.
Should be a ban for a few games. I do not remember how long Totti got when he did it vs Denmark.
So you genuinly want him back? A player who previously, no matter what reasons, didn't want to play for us and left the club, and now after testing positive for COVID-19 spat on another player? He may be good, but he ain't Maradona off drugs.

Luke1995

How much would he cost to bring back?
Could be our right winger!
I guess he would not want to move to us so that is the biggest problem.
PSG has no reason to sell either.
Might aswell start wondering for how much Inter would sell Sanchez back (I'm kidding guys! )

Paul_Scholes18

Might aswell start wondering for how much Inter would sell Sanchez back (I'm kidding guys! )
I thought we would bring in someone for sure to our attack when he left. Noone in yet.
Might as well kept him even with his crazy wages over nothing in.
Although we struggle to both bring in and sell players.
So if not Inter we would have been stuck with him for years.

Luke1995

I thought we would bring in someone for sure to our attack when he left. Noone in yet.
Might as well kept him even with his crazy wages over nothing in.
Although we struggle to both bring in and sell players.
So if not Inter we would have been stuck with him for years.
Is Rojo still here ? :eek:

Redlyn

Bring him back? I can't believe some of you.
I would rather play JLingz and give him 7 shirt . Yes that's how much I dont want him back.

Paul_Scholes18

Bring him back? I can't believe some of you.
I would rather play JLingz and give him 7 shirt . Yes that's how much I dont want him back.
Apart from being a cnut and a big idiot then he fits all the bills of the right winger we need.
I take Depay back ahead of him though, but he is not a right winger.

Luke1995

He is I think. I think we have like 5 players we want to sell in our squad, but we can't do it due to the wages they have.
I bloody hope we get Sancho or at least another quality right winger.
Have we been linked with anyone else than Bale though ? Very skeptical of the Sancho signing. Dortmund got Halland and Belligham from us, it just feels like they will not do bussiness with us, they are actually a very hard club to beat in signings and to buy players from.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's too late but i still think it was a mistake to sell him. It's so easy to sell the narrative 'didn't wanna be here' and field non-creative but hardworking players like Young instead. This leads to exactly nowhere. I'm going out on the limb here and say that United would've been much better with Di Maria in the side in the last couple of years.

He's a prick? So what, he's an unbelievable player who could've contributed so much.

Paul_Scholes18

Have we been linked with anyone else than Bale though ? Very skeptical of the Sancho signing. Dortmund got Halland and Belligham from us, it just feels like they will not do bussiness with us, they are actually a very hard club to beat in signings and to buy players from.
Not sure about any links for pure right wingers. Brooks has been linked though I think and Grealish.
I hope we have some backup plan for once. We never seem to go for right wingers for some reason.
Although we have 100+ central defenders in our treatment room.

edcunited1878

It's too late but i still think it was a mistake to sell him. It's so easy to sell the narrative 'didn't wanna be here' and field non-creative but hardworking players like Young instead. This leads to exactly nowhere. I'm going out on the limb here and say that United would've been much better with Di Maria in the side in the last couple of years.

He's a prick? So what, he's an unbelievable player who could've contributed so much.
di Maria didn't want to be in United in the first place and his head/mentality never really warmed up to being a United player. You cannot contribute to the best of your ability when you have issues at home/in personal life, and we're not even including the team setup and how we was or could have been used.

He was sold by his agent/club to the highest bidder who didn't have any FFP restrictions. Enter United. He didn't fully commit himself to the club or the manager or his teammates. He fecked off at first opportunity. This led to exactly nowhere for the club as well. He's a very talented player without a doubt, but it's not as if he's been slaying teams left and right the past four years. He came into a purple patch with PSG and Neymar and Mbappe during an abbreviated CL competition due to extreme circumstances. He's been very good for PSG, although their team is so superior to everyone else in France and over the course of an entire domestic season, they're bound to have very good goal/assist numbers. He's too good for that league, but he's enjoying it because he's at the best club with two of the best players in the world playing alongside him.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
di Maria didn't want to be in United in the first place and his head/mentality never really warmed up to being a United player. You cannot contribute to the best of your ability when you have issues at home/in personal life, and we're not even including the team setup and how we was or could have been used.

He was sold by his agent/club to the highest bidder who didn't have any FFP restrictions. Enter United. He didn't fully commit himself to the club or the manager or his teammates. He fecked off at first opportunity. This led to exactly nowhere for the club as well. He's a very talented player without a doubt, but it's not as if he's been slaying teams left and right the past four years. He came into a purple patch with PSG and Neymar and Mbappe during an abbreviated CL competition due to extreme circumstances. He's been very good for PSG, although their team is so superior to everyone else in France and over the course of an entire domestic season, they're bound to have very good goal/assist numbers. He's too good for that league, but he's enjoying it because he's at the best club with two of the best players in the world playing alongside him.
It's been said afterwards. Before the transfer, there must have been talks between the club and the player and because it was such a huge investment at the time, i don't think that in the beginning Di Maria didn't want to be here. Remember he started off quite well. It's been also on the club and the manager to offer a positive work atmosphere. This is where i think Van Gaal failed. Di Maria is a high risk high reward player, slow possession doesn't work with him but Van Gaal wanted it at any cost and the Dutchman's weird personality could've been a huge turn off. Remember, this is as a man who even demands from his children to be adressed formally at home.

In hindsight Woodward should've sacked Van Gaal during the season, then i'm not sure the departure of Di Maria would've been a sure thing. Mourinho would've never sold Di Maria, he even mentioned it during his time here. If Di Maria could've played the World Cup Final, Argentina would've won the thing, he's that good, IMO.

edcunited1878

It's been said afterwards. Before the transfer, there must have been talks between the club and the player and because it was such a huge investment at the time, i don't think that in the beginning Di Maria didn't want to be here. Remember he started off quite well. It's been also on the club and the manager to offer a positive work atmosphere. This is where i think Van Gaal failed. Di Maria is a high risk high reward player, slow possession doesn't work with him but Van Gaal wanted it at any cost and the Dutchman's weird personality could've been a huge turn off. Remember, this is as a man who even demands from his children to be adressed formally at home.

In hindsight Woodward should've sacked Van Gaal during the season, then i'm not sure the departure of Di Maria would've been a sure thing. Mourinho would've never sold Di Maria, he even mentioned it during his time here. If Di Maria could've played the World Cup Final, Argentina would've won the thing, he's that good, IMO.
He started off quite well because he's a good player, he's talented. LVG adapted the team to get results and help minimize their weakness, which obviously doesn't suit every player.

While Mourinho wouldn't have sold di Maria, it's also up to the player to see it out and stick it out if they are so inclined to be there...but di Maria wasn't truly ever committed to the club, his teammates, etc. hence he left at first chance.

He's that good when the stakes are high and momentum is good, but he is the type of player to pick up the slack when shit hits the fan? I'd question that. di Maria was a 'galactico' signing by United, along with Falcao on loan. On top of that, there was Rooney and RVP. Not a lot of clear balance there, especially with Falcao coming off a serious injury and was always trying to heal but still play when he could. di Maria didn't want to put in the graft to elevate United up the table. He's not that type of player. He does well with other better or top players who are already have loads to play for on the line, which wasn't obviously the case with United during his one year or recent years.

Luke1995

Not sure about any links for pure right wingers. Brooks has been linked though I think and Grealish.
I hope we have some backup plan for once. We never seem to go for right wingers for some reason.
Although we have 100+ central defenders in our treatment room.
Can always promote someone from the academy. If that person's ready for the step up, that's another story.

My feeling right now is, Ed will end up doing a deal in the last day of the window with someone we had not been linked to previously.

Levenstein

I would sleep better if I'd play the right wing myself then for United. Don't want this little weasel in our team.

Look like the rat has a 4 match ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54273050

The interesting thing is that they don’t state whether it’s for spitting!

Should have been 10 matches in my opinion. Disgusting action in the world we live in today.

If you did that in the street, you would likely be facing prison. That’s not being dramatic. He had COVID for goodness sake.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
While Mourinho wouldn't have sold di Maria, it's also up to the player to see it out and stick it out if they are so inclined to be there...but di Maria wasn't truly ever committed to the club, his teammates, etc. hence he left at first chance.
The fans demand great players to commit to the club, but on the other hand can't wait for the club to get rid of the "deadwood" asap and forget about the commitment to the players and the contract.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Look like the rat has a 4 match ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54273050

The interesting thing is that they don’t state whether it’s for spitting!

Should have been 10 matches in my opinion. Disgusting action in the world we live in today.

If you did that in the street, you would likely be facing prison. That’s not being dramatic. He had COVID for goodness sake.
The maximum was 6 games so 4 makes sense.

And no there wouldn't be any consequence on the street, you can barely see a bit of spit from ADM and it's not going anywhere near the opponent.

The maximum was 6 games so 4 makes sense.

And no there wouldn't be any consequence on the street, you can barely see a bit of spit from ADM and it's not going anywhere near the opponent.
Then he should have got the maximum ban.

Yes there would be consequences on the street. A man who has had covid (and knows it) who spits at someone else is shocking in the current situation.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Then he should have got the maximum ban.

Yes there would be consequences on the street. A man who has had covid (and knows it) who spits at someone else is shocking in the current situation.
He didn't have it anymore so was actually extra safe in this regard.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"There would have been a burglary at Di Maria's home ... No more info for the moment we hope that his family was not directly affected during this intrusion"

Red Royal

Even though dispise rat-face for his footballing life and how he left United; I hope his family are all safe and well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Horrible news, hope nothing serious has happened but it doesn’t sound good

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some very worrying comments on his instagram, really hope it all isn't true.