Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Not surprised at all that he starts. No better time to do so with all Premier League games and potential high level opponents in the domestic cups. Hope he's on fire tonight.

Paranoid Android

Haha... Unless you are not joking.
Why would he be joking about hoping one of our young players plays so well that he deserves being a starter?

You can be as pessimistic about him as you want, but what a strange thing to not hope for. We all should be hoping for this...

MrBrightside1989

He did ok tonight but the play was slow around him. I think he would suit playing with the likes of Pogba and Martial more!

mewnew11

The fact that he can control and dribble past a player is simply good enough to start him.

When he has goal scorers around him, he will put them balls on a plate

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He showed his talent in flashes, had periods where he was a bit out of the game and could have got a bit more involved but the 11 men behind the ball and the extremely slow and poor tempo didn’t help.

He certainly showed he’s got the ability though, just needs more minutes.

In Rainbows

Honesty surprised like 2-3 posters were slating him. He was one of our best players. There's a reason why I think he should play in midfield and become our Scholes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I really felt for Gomes today. Countless times he was in a pocket of space on the edge of the area asking for the ball but was repeatedly ignored.

Pass pass pass pass pass pass outside cross cleared repeat.

Red Stone

Best ball control in the squad already. Needs to be our #10 if Ole's going to insist on playing with one going forward.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Decent, was surprised (well, not really but ye know) he came off instead of Rashford.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He got subbed off with Chong so now the perception of his performance will be tarnished with Chong. Shame really don't think he deserved that he played well. I thought he was stuck a little high up the pitch with poor movement but for me he was our best player while he was on the pitch.

SirAF

Ageist
Certainly did well enough - his replacement didn’t offer anything more.

Raven

Looked the best of the young lads I thought. Could have tried to make a bit more happen, by stopping a little deeper at times, but the talent is obvious.

Nick7

I didn’t think he was that great in the second half. I would have liked to see him drop deeper and more central.

el3mel

Good game, though I thought he could have done more. Don't agree with the idea he was our best player in the first half as people were saying but overall, a good game, and we all know he has loads of talent into him.

Adamsk7

Thought he was decent, nothing more. If I was going to describe his performance I’d say “tidy”. Hope he makes it but I have my doubts, similar to Chong (who’s a level still below Gomes).

let’s be realistic, only Greenwood has a real good chance and the noises that come out of the club and surrounding ex players says the same.

I hope Gomes gets more chances and can prove his worth.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
When he got on the ball he was quite good, but I felt he needed to drop 5 metres or so deeper to get on the ball more often. Felt like he was playing much closer to Rashford up top than he was the midfield, and we would have been better with him acting as more of a link between them.

Like Chong and to a lesser extent Greenwood, he looked exhausted by the 55th minute and was starting to get a bit sloppy.

In Rainbows

When he got on the ball he was quite good, but I felt he needed to drop 5 metres or so deeper to get on the ball more often. Felt like he was playing much closer to Rashford up top than he was the midfield, and we would have been better with him acting as more of a link between them.

Like Chong and to a lesser extent Greenwood, he looked exhausted by the 55th minute and was starting to get a bit sloppy.
He tends to expect passes in between the lines in crowded spaces, and his teammates end up having trouble finding him. He'll learn from that. That's literally the only criticism apart from his corners which, he's on for some reason.

Copa Mundial

Should definitely be our no.10. Definitely adds more than Lingard / Mata. Would love to see him playing with Pogba, he could be the creative spark we've been missing.

izec

His corners and freekicks werent too bad either, they went centrally instead of hitting the first man or to a throw in for the opponents

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
His technique is as good as anyone's and he would be far more effective in a different team.

He isn't a mata style playmaker. Mata drops into midfield, collects the ball and sprays it out. Which is what we are used to.

Gomes will sit in the gaps and wait for a pass and creates chances in tight spaces.

The issue is that we do not have any midfielders interested in passing the ball directly through the lines and into gomes.

Which means gomes will go invisible for periods.

He either needs to learn to adapt and seek out the ball a bit more or we get better midfielders (shock)

Ballache

Supports
Martial

I agree with this, wanted to see him get on the ball more.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
MOTM for me, wasn't great by any means but showed his obvious potential

mancan92

He only let the ball out of play once. How is that sloppy? He didnt even give the ball away like rashford was for 90 minutes.

UtdAgain08

Thought he was decent in patches tonight, will be more effective when we can get the ball into him while he is in them spaces. The problem was they had 10 men behind the ball all of the game was difficult to get the ball into him. Still happy for him to get game time.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not quite ready for starting eleven yet - obviously.
A few more cameo appearances to get him going and he'll soon enough start a PL game by late October/early November I feel.

buckooo1978

some nice moments tonight - think he would thrive in the team alongside Pogba, Martial, James as well as Rashford

acnumber9

I’m not sure a different player would be getting much praise for a similar performance to be honest. Few decent touches but not much else really and we were better when him and Chong came off. Which may just be because playing with no player may have been better than playing with Chong.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Anyone with a first-touch as classy this lad is destined for greatness. His natural ability for finding space in between the midfield and defence should also serve him well.

Reminds me of a young Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.