5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

The proof was there in the summer. He was shown to be making stuff up about United over and over.

If Gomes signs, it'll be a decent guess. I could do the same thing on my phone.
What did he make up? It was Di Marzio that was making stuff up.

Roboc7

That's not true. He is good enough and needs to start ahead of Mata or lingard in the 10.
I don’t think he’s ready yet but I don’t see how he could be worse than Lingard or Mata.

if we’re genuinely focused on long term and rebuilding the Gomes or Greenwood should be playing in place of at least one of those two.

Ekeke

I don’t think he’s ready yet but I don’t see how he could be worse than Lingard or Mata.

mid we’re genuinely focused on long term and rebuilding the Gomes or Greenwood should be playing in place of at least one of those two.
Its genuinely not possible for him to perform worse than them, unless he isn't ready to play in the championship either. Because thats the level their performances have suggested they are at.

Oldyella

Its genuinely not possible for him to perform worse than them, unless he isn't ready to play in the championship either. Because thats the level their performances have suggested they are at.
Championship is being generous!

If Ole really does see himself here long term he could earn himself a fair amount of good will by actually playing players who might make it here. Mata and Lingard are just waste of time and are not even offering anything short term.

Grande

Had a knock that forced him off, but he tweeted that it was just a precaution and he's fine. Was left off both matches though, which is a shame.
Either he is not impressing that much in training, or he’s in a growth spurt phase or something, he seems to pick up knocks easily and tire easily so far.

His technical ability should have seen him earn more minutes than he has so far this season.

mav_9me

I'm very surprised by his lack of gametime. And if not for the first team I expected him to at least play for the reserves against Doncaster yesterday like Greenwood and Chong.

eire-red

I'll be surprised if he makes it here. Obviously has bags of talent, but his stature could be a real issue for him to overcome. He would do well in Spain, but to be honest if he left I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Think game time should be reserved for Greenword, Garner and Wiliams. These guys have impressed a lot more in their cameos.

Alfie092

Injured or not, Ole doesn't tend to give him enough minutes to show his true potential. He would be better off going out on loan to a foreign club or to the Championship (which would test him massively in a physical league) and give him plenty of minutes.

Ideally he should go out on loan as soon as possible till the end of the season and see how he does. I think he has unreal potential and don't want him leaving the club due to the lack of minutes and ends up excelling elsewhere :(

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'll be surprised if he makes it here. Obviously has bags of talent, but his stature could be a real issue for him to overcome. He would do well in Spain, but to be honest if he left I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Think game time should be reserved for Greenword, Garner and Wiliams. These guys have impressed a lot more in their cameos.
Mainly due to our coaches more than the league itself I imagine

Red_toad

Mainly due to our coaches more than the league itself I imagine
I doubt his genetics come from any of our coaches. Unless you can give examples of young men of his stature currently plying their trade in the EPL in any of the top 20 or so sides...

Cassidy

I doubt his genetics come from any of our coaches. Unless you can give examples of young men of his stature currently plying their trade in the EPL in any of the top 20 or so sides...
If he plays and fails then you can say its his stature, if he doesn't play however...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It could have been worse. He could have been like Garner, who didn't take part in the Doncaster or Chelsea match despite being 100% fit.
Doubly annoying considering he had a nice little cameo against Norwich too.

Red_toad

If he plays and fails then you can say its his stature, if he doesn't play however...
Aside from pre season games, he’s been pretty ineffective in the first team. He doesn’t assert himself enough for the first team. If you look at games he’d probably have featured in this season, he’s been injured for most of them, so again hardly the coaches fault. Youngsters have to impress to gain chances, Greenwood has shown a lot more in the first team this far. Gomes needs to do more. The jury is very much out on if he’s physically able to compete at a high standard in the EPL. Hopefully he can.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody got some of that growth hormone that Messi used laying around?

Cassidy

Aside from pre season games, he’s been pretty ineffective in the first team. He doesn’t assert himself enough for the first team. If you look at games he’d probably have featured in this season, he’s been injured for most of them, so again hardly the coaches fault. Youngsters have to impress to gain chances, Greenwood has shown a lot more in the first team this far. Gomes needs to do more. The jury is very much out on if he’s physically able to compete at a high standard in the EPL. Hopefully he can.
He has hardly played any minutes

sherrinford

Physically he looks more ready to compete at that level than any other youth player - certainly more so than Greenwood or Garner.

Oldyella

That's what she said.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Plenty of time for Gomes to assert himself in the team, he will get minutes from time to time. McTominay has taken a while to cement his place in the team, and Gomes is physically not as big, but has excellent skills, so it may take a year or so, but I still think he will get games as a 10 towards the end of the season, probably alternating with Pereira.

romufc

That's not true. He is good enough and needs to start ahead of Mata or lingard in the 10.
Based on? U23 games? how many do you watch?

He was given the opportunity a few times and never looked comfortable.

Clearly, he is not ready for first team football.

Grande

I don’t agree he’s not done well when he’s been given minutes, and I don’t agree he’s done better than Pereira or Lingard. He’s been inconsistent, as you should expect, and he’s got some way to make his ability count towards end product at the highest level. Last time I saw him play, against AZ I believe, he did quite a few things helping us make some play at the beginning, then faded out of play as they took over midfield. Promising start, hard to make yourself count as an attacker in a provisional 11 with little attacking fluidity. When Lingard replaced him, he made a good turn within minutes and put a shoot to the post if I’ve got the correct game in my head. Lingard, even in terrible form, was more effective, yet not effective enough, and he also struggled to influence our influent attacking play.

Gomes should get time finding his feet, and it’s a shame he has all these niggles keeping him out of games that should suit him. It’s still very early days, though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Based on? U23 games? how many do you watch?

He was given the opportunity a few times and never looked comfortable.

Clearly, he is not ready for first team football.
He's completed 1 full match at first team level this season and you think in the precious few minutes he's had (that came in our worst period of the season, I might add) that he's clearly not ready? We won't know how ready he is until we give him more of an opportunity.

romufc

He's completed 1 full match at first team level this season and you think in the precious few minutes he's had (that came in our worst period of the season, I might add) that he's clearly not ready? We won't know how ready he is until we give him more of an opportunity.
Ofcourse, but my comment is that he is not ready yet. The no 10 role is almost like the final piece of the jigsaw normally so we need the team around that to function before we give a kid a chance to show what he can do.

He'sRaldo

As a youth player, he's supposed to earn opportunities with the limited time he has, rather than have them handed to him; especially in a position with a lot of senior options. Remember how Williams played initially? He forced Ole to consider him more.

Hopefully Gomes can do the same sometime soon, if he's as good as I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.