5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

I understand Pogba can be frustrating but my point was that Fergie didn't see the fact that he was ready. He left for Juve and the senior players - I think Buffon and Pirlo - were reported to have been shocked at his maturity after seeing his first touches on his first training with the team. In any case, there was no justification playing Rafael in midfield when a physically matured Pogba was there. With Gomes one can argue about physicality but not Pogba. He was more or less an instant hit for Juve. Inspite of his on and off form for us, he is still a vital part of a very good French national team. The other point I am trying to make is how ridiculous it was for us to let him go on free transfer only to buy him back with an insane amount a few years later
He did play minutes for United first team and wasn't very good, I remember it well. Saf didn't think he earned a start that day and I say fair enough

Based Adnan

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Howson mentioned that he has heard that Gomes is signing the contract. But he doesn't get any look in. Not even on the bench

ben.heff10

Howson mentioned that he has heard that Gomes is signing the contract. But he doesn't get any look in. Not even on the bench
Yeah I saw that too. I've found Howson to be generally alright with that kind of stuff but I haven't heard anything for anywhere else to back up his claim. We'll have to wait and see I guess

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hard to get excited about a new contract (or get down about him leaving) given how little we've seen of him this season

SweetRightFoot

RedDevilRoshi

Also don’t understand how Chong gets more minutes than Gomes. Chong’s camp have made more noise about leaving than Gomes’ have. Also what makes it more silly is that he hasn’t looked anything great in the games he has played in to merit a new deal.

Icemav

Also don’t understand how Chong gets more minutes than Gomes. Chong’s camp have made more noise about leaving than Gomes’ have. Also what makes it more silly is that he hasn’t looked anything great in the games he has played in to merit a new deal.
Chong looks pretty pants tbf. I am all about promoting youth however you have to show something with the opportunities provided.... other than running around a lot and looking like bambi on ice.

Gomes looks to have pretty good technical ability and I hope they let him and Fernandes practice together with Greenwood. I know its very early days but I see Fernandes being a mentor to these younger players with his attitude and style of play. If they can click with hin on the training paddock then its an indicator that they can start some games. If not then the opposite applies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great news if true. Think he's a brilliant youngster, and probably just being protected due to his size, but really hope he stays. If so, he should learn from Bruno and just be his backup next season. Far more talented than either of Pereira or Lingard.

Bondi77

I would say the reason why he gets more game time is purely because of where he plays. He gets brought on as a winger to use his pace, get past the fullback and get in service to the box as that is his strength.
He does seem to struggle to do it at this level though.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Would love it to true, but will wait for official confirmation before believing. If he did sign, it may be that Ole has informed him that Lingard and Pereira will be sold, and that he will become back up to Bruno in that attacking/creative midfield role. We have Garner, Levitt, possibly TFM for that deeper midfield role, but not much else for the Bruno role. Just a thought really.

Dve

I can see him signing a new contract and then be lent out next season. Especially if we sign Grealish or Madison.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rumours of a new deal till 2025, any truth to this?

SteveW

He should stay. Mata, Lingard and Pereira will all move on over the next season or two. Plenty room for him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He should stay. Mata, Lingard and Pereira will all move on over the next season or two. Plenty room for him.
Absolutely. Only 19 years old, plenty of time for him.

AaronRedDevil

Aahh its gonna suck seeing him be a beast for another team. Like what happened with pogba.

Bondi77

And where did you get this gem of information that he’s leaving? Thread is full of exactly the same post over and over again. Why bother?
No one has a clue do they,
Mark Goldbridge has made a living out of this garbage

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Great news if true. Think he's a brilliant youngster, and probably just being protected due to his size, but really hope he stays. If so, he should learn from Bruno and just be his backup next season. Far more talented than either of Pereira or Lingard.
Tbf. those two looked pretty good in the academy too.

DarkRed

Lingard has only started looking bad since the World Cup to be fair, It is a mystery to me why he suddenly ended up looking so crap.
Same with DDG, Matic and I'm sure plenty more, think it have to do with not getting a rest, picking up injuries and so it goes...
City players looked bad at the World Cup and back to good after it...

In Rainbows

Tbf. those two looked pretty good in the academy too.
Not as good as Gomes. Gomes dominated the u23 at age 18 (last season). Pereira didn't until his age ~19 season. You can catch my criticisms of Pereira in my earlier posts for failing to impress the way he should. Did brilliant shortly after those complaints, but was a tad bit older than Gomes when he dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.