5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal&hyde

So supposedly the problem is that he is asking for to much money? Such a silly boy. If he impresses in the first team like Greenwood, in a couple of years he would get a king's ransom of a new contract and be one of the most beloved players at his boyhood club. He just needs a bit of patience. I can't help but feel he might be badly advised.

jackal&hyde

He is one of the most smug feckers on the YouTube scene. Always saying "a source tells me" or that he is "friends" with certain players (I think that means he has them in Twitter). An absolute arse.

... Shame, because some of the other lads on his channel are okay.
He's a narcissistic cnut that lies in order to give the impression he brings any sort of value (like statman dave actually does). United is cursed with a number of these "professional" fans on youtube that are full of themselves and do nothing but promote toxicity :rolleyes:

EngimaMK

He's a narcissistic cnut that lies in order to give the impression he brings any sort of value (like statman dave actually does). United is cursed with a number of these "professional" fans on youtube that are full of themselves and do nothing but promote toxicity :rolleyes:
As much as Howson is a bit of a butthole, Mark Goldbridge is 100 times worse. Insufferable clickbaity prick

LInkash

I don't know about this particular situation but I think Howson does have a lot of contacts. He gets quite a few big names on his shows. Like, look at this:

mu4c_20le

As much as Howson is a bit of a butthole, Mark Goldbridge is 100 times worse. Insufferable clickbaity prick
All social media accounts are, including utdreport and the other clown, andy robertson LUHG. Goldbridge gets alot of hate here but at least I find that he praises as much as he moans.

LInkash

All social media accounts are, including utdreport and the other clown, andy robertson LUHG. Goldbridge gets alot of hate here but at least I find that he praises as much as he moans.
I don't mind Goldbridge either. He is a little larger than life and titles can be a little clickbaity but it draws in the viewers. None of what he says is outlandish and is usually quite balanced - he's like your typical fan here.

EngimaMK

I don't know about this particular situation but I think Howson does have a lot of contacts. He gets quite a few big names on his shows. Like, look at this:
Howson is definitely more personable than GB so can see why people would like him more. He is actually a fan too, unlike Goldbridge who flip flops all over the place and had people suggest he isn't even a united fan but pretends to be for clicks (bigger fanbase etc.) seems a bit farfetched though

EngimaMK

I don't mind Goldbridge either. He is a little larger than life and titles can be a little clickbaity but it draws in the viewers. None of what he says is outlandish and is usually quite balanced - he's like your typical fan here.
Can disagree. I find Mark the worst of the worst, changes his mind like his underwear, will say anything for attention etc.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
z
Spot on. We dont need another Sanchez situation ...and blow up the wagel structure and causing problems in the changing room and then into the entire club's (incl academy's) wage structure later. What if he doesnt make it at the starting 11, then what then? We wil still have all his wage baggage.

He isnt some generational player. Sure he has some tidy passing but his size will always be a concern when playing against players a foot taller. May not be suited for the EPL. If we learnt anything over the years, kids that looked great at the youth levels don't necessa rily translate into the Big Show.

If we are supposed to be a big club, then let's act like one. The biggest clubs in the world aren't held hostage by some 18y.o kid.

If he doesnt want to fight his way up into the First 11 then feck it. Its as good a time as any under Ole as a manager than the previous regimes.
Spot on. He has not showed anything on the first team level that warrants a fat contract

Yagami

Good post resistant
I really don't see the point of putting him on the bench if you're going to bring Shaw and Lingard on over him when we're 2-0 down.

MrBest

I agree but also need to point out that the toxicity is real. The club is a shambles, in 6 years we have fallen hard and we have no way out. I only wish for them with influence to drum out a Ole Out message. If we have to change another 10 times to get it right, then so be it.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Turns out the the lad has the right idea. Run as far away from this mess as possible.

Based Adnan

Completely and utterly mismanaged

Can't blame the kid when complete and utter shite like Lingard is ahead of him in the pecking order. Regardless of if he's signed or not, he is a better option coming off the bench than Jesse.

LJJT

The blinkered optimism in this lad vs the over the top pessimism about everything else is odd. If he was good enough he would play. He isn’t. He’s hardly got much competition in Lingard and James

Stadjer

The blinkered optimism in this lad vs the over the top pessimism about everything else is odd. If he was good enough he would play. He isn’t. He’s hardly got much competition in Lingard and James
I think that is the problem.. a lot of us find it very hard to believe that he would do worse than Lingard. I need to see it to believe it that he can actually be worse than Lingard. During the few minutes Gomes did get to play he hasnt shown to be worse option than Lingard. Even today, as long as he didnt score an own goal or gave away a big chance he wouldnt have had a worse game than Lingard had.

I dont want him to play because i think he is an amazing player, i want him to play because it means that the chance that Lingard plays decreases.

LJJT

I think that is the problem.. a lot of us find it very hard to believe that he would do worse than Lingard. I need to see it to believe it that he can actually be worse than Lingard. During the few minutes Gomes did get to play he hasnt shown to be worse option than Lingard. Even today, as long as he didnt score an own goal or gave away a big chance he wouldnt have had a worse game than Lingard had.

I dont want him to play because i think he is an amazing player, i want him to play because it means that the chance that Lingard plays decreases.
Grow up. Lingards 27 he’s physically developed, vastly experienced, had many great performances albeit over 12 months ago. We’ve had all this with januzai, perreria, nick powell, pogba, wellbeck, etc etc. Young and home grown but ultimately don’t cut it. Time will tell on Gomes I wouldn’t put much money on him if he can’t get in this team

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I think you may be right.

I remember the panic on here when Pereira looked like he might leave. Look how that turned out.

Pughnichi

Grow up. Lingards 27 he’s physically developed, vastly experienced, had many great performances albeit over 12 months ago,
I’m with Stadjer on this one. I’d much prefer to see Gomes get game time ahead of #14 (I can’t even say his name)

invest minutes in someone who might actually have a future here and not with a player who is effectively pointless

Stadjer

Grow up. Lingards 27 he’s physically developed, vastly experienced, had many great performances albeit over 12 months ago. We’ve had all this with januzai, perreria, nick powell, pogba, wellbeck, etc etc. Young and home grown but ultimately don’t cut it. Time will tell on Gomes I wouldn’t put much money on him if he can’t get in this team
So what? If you play this bad despite being physically developed, vastly experienced and 'many great performances' (highly arguable) than you just arent good enough. There is almost no way that someone who is seen as one of the brightest talents in the youth system isnt going to be able to atleast recreate the absolute shite Lingard has been shown the last year(s). Even if he only at the bare minimum copied Lingard his performances but doing that without being physically developed and experienced, it would still be a better option to play Gomes.

At the moment i am struggeling to think of how Gomes could do any worse than Lingard. Just give him the chance and if he doesnt atleast match Lingard his performances than yes, he isnt good enough to get minutes instead of Lingard. What is there to lose in not playing Lingard? Literally... could it get any worse at all?

LJJT

So what? If you play this bad despite being physically developed, vastly experienced and 'many great performances' (highly arguable) than you just arent good enough. There is almost no way that someone who is seen as one of the brightest talents in the youth system isnt going to be able to atleast recreate the absolute shite Lingard has been shown the last year(s). Even if he only at the bare minimum copied Lingard his performances but doing that without being physically developed and experienced, it would still be a better option to play Gomes.

At the moment i am struggeling to think of how Gomes could do any worse than Lingard. Just give him the chance and if he doesnt atleast match Lingard his performances than yes, he isnt good enough to get minutes instead of Lingard. What is there to lose in not playing Lingard? Literally... could it get any worse at all?
If you want Gomes to play so bad fair enough but why you trying to do it at the expense of Lingard or make your point slagging Lingard? Slag martial mata James Fred and matic greenwood and who ever else. Gomes isn’t good enough yet. Get over it

LJJT

I’m with Stadjer on this one. I’d much prefer to see Gomes get game time ahead of #14 (I can’t even say his name)

invest minutes in someone who might actually have a future here and not with a player who is effectively pointless
Did you say that when we beat city and spurs in December? I assume not. This player obsession is odd. If Gomes was good enough I’m pretty damn sure he would play. We’ve had no drama playing the other youngsters

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's not so much over the top optimism. Had he come on I don't think he would've improved us.

It's more that if you're going to include him in the squad and choose a defender and player we know won't do anything to bring on over him at 2-0 down, then what's the point?

mu4c_20le

Lingard actually had a few chances on target, including one decent volley. Gomes struggles to even impose himself in the game at this level, nevermind being an actual threat. The only thing he might do better is linking up play from what i've seen when he was given some chances in the first team, but relying on him to save a game like this is really amateur hour tbf.

LJJT

It's not so much over the top optimism. Had he come on I don't think he would've improved us.

It's more that if you're going to include him in the squad and choose a defender and player we know won't do anything to bring on over him at 2-0 down, then what's the point?
What’s the point in him being on the bench? I don’t know, maybe If we took our chances and went 2-0 up he could have come on in a more relaxed atmos and showed us all what some of the Gomes obsessed fans in here see in him? He’s not good enough or experienced enough to play for us yet.

Hoof the ball

And yet, when he's had his 18 minutes (overall) in the Premier League this season, he's looked more creative than Lingard. Go figure.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What’s the point in him being on the bench? I don’t know, maybe If we took our chances and went 2-0 up he could have come on in a more relaxed atmos and showed us all what some of the Gomes obsessed fans in here see in him? He’s not good enough or experienced enough to play for us yet.
A lot of players aren't good enough or experienced enough. The majority of our squad in fact.

We know what we're going to get with Shaw and Lingard. Pretty much nothing in attack. Gomes may well offer nothing, too, but at least with him there's hope.

LJJT

A lot of players aren't good enough or experienced enough. The majority of our squad in fact.

We know what we're going to get with Shaw and Lingard. Pretty much nothing in attack. Gomes may well offer nothing, too, but at least with him there's hope.
Sorry but I don’t see it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sorry but I don’t see it.
Hey, I'm not saying you're wrong, mate. It's far from certain that he'll develop into a good player. I just think - at this point with our current squad - it's worth a shot giving him game time because on the chance he does swim instead of sinking, it'd be a great help.

Stadjer

Lingard actually had a few chances on target, including one decent volley. Gomes struggles to even impose himself in the game at this level, nevermind being an actual threat. The only thing he might do better is linking up play from what i've seen when he was given some chances in the first team, but relying on him to save a game like this is really amateur hour tbf.
Relying on a attacking player who is incapable of scoring or assisting is more amateur hour. Relying on a young but talented player to save a game is a gamble. I think we can safely assume that the chance that Lingard is going to score a goal or assist isnt that high. With Gomes we dont know. I rather take the chance/risk.

I guess it could be described as blinkered optimism like @LJJT called it.

mu4c_20le

@Stadjer I guess we can only agree to disagree, because putting Gomes on in this situation is just desperation, and is like LVG throwing on Nick Powell. Who at least had a decent season or two in the championship and semi proven.

0le

Howson is definitely more personable than GB so can see why people would like him more. He is actually a fan too, unlike Goldbridge who flip flops all over the place and had people suggest he isn't even a united fan but pretends to be for clicks (bigger fanbase etc.) seems a bit farfetched though
Fan channels are free resources. You don't like it? Well thats your opinion. But go look at the Rashford performance thread from last year - people wanted him gone. Go look at Martial's thread around the time Jose was here - people didn't rate him and wanted him gone. Go look at James thread now - people think he isn't good enough. Fans change their opinions all the time. Fans react with emotion. This is normal and actually what makes sport fantastic. Those other platforms are actually exactly the same as what you get here. The only difference is the platform about which the content is served.

I also really wish fans would stop blaming other fans of other platforms, calling people "cnuts" for providing FREE content. You don't have to watch it or read reddit etc. I understand when people criticise Sky, BT or other platforms because you actually have to pay a lot of money to watch the games. But reddit reddevils, redcafe, united stand, full time devils - its all free content and no one forces you to use those platforms. Direct your anger instead at the real cause of the current issues which is the board and Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.