Angel Gomes (United confirm departure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
I suspect he has been held back by us because of the English obsession with a player’s size. Had he come through Barcelona’s youth system his outcome may have been different.
Barcelona are just as concerned with height as anyone. They injected Messi with hormones to make him taller than Gomes is.

the chameleon

I think this whole thing is down to confidence. Moving Lille and then being loaned to Portugal shows that maybe he didn't have the confidence to face the pressure being a Man Utd player. He could have renewed with us on the condition of a loan away to a Portuguese side.

I'm hoping that it works out for him. He seems like a decent lad and I hope he has a great career.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Wish him all the best at Lille, shame we never got to see what the hype was about.

NWRed

Barcelona are just as concerned with height as anyone. They injected Messi with hormones to make him taller than Gomes is.
Messi had a medical condition that required treatment with hormones, treatment Barca agreed to pay for if he moved there. Not 'injecting him with hormones because they thought he was too short'.

Craig Ward

Very odd career move.

For someone so hyped i thought Lille wasnt a good move, but being loaned to such a poor Portugese team just seems bizarre.

Think he's been very poorly advised - surely his future was here with how we treat youngsters and Lingard/Mata looking likely to leave within the next season or so.

Jackal981

He was never good enough from the game given at his time here. Never saw the fuss about him leaving tbh. This is not pogba 2.0

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Gomes is one of the most talented players I've seen in the academy, but although he had a couple of good cameos in first team matches, to me he was never given a proper chance. With Boavista, he will certainly get some opportunities to show what he can do, and who knows where he will go in his career, I wish him well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm a bit worried for him.

Didnt Jonathan David move to Lille? I feel that they both play in very similar positions?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm a bit worried for him.

Didnt Jonathan David move to Lille? I feel that they both play in very similar positions?
He is on loan for the season and David is more or a striker/wide forward, they just sold their main striker.

Kearnkoff69

The level of play is obviously lower, but he showed his class and composure in that video. Hope he continues to develop - he would be awesome to watch if he can translate that potential to consistent performance at the highest level.

jeepers

Would be interesting to see how he does against the best teams in the league like Sporting, Porto and Benfica.

He’s clearly a good, technical player, and has a good enough footballing brain. I would have promised Lingard minutes to him if I were Ole. He would link up well with Bruno, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood I feel.

Will be keenly following his career in the near future as I’ve always hoped that he would make it here at United

Reactions: Penna

Highfather_24

If he can steer away from injuries, he will have a good career.

He is a talented player. We should have given him more minutes last season. I know people give "reasons" why he was not. But he should have been. Its one thing I'm a bit critical about with Ole.

I think we may end up regretting it in the future.

red4ever 79

Seemed to be playing quite deep. Good move for him, he needs to play week in week out and get physically stronger, both in terms of muscle and stamina. Happy for the lad, displayed some nice touches

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Good move for him. It hurts seeing him in some other team but he needs first team football and this wouldn't have been possible in English league. Hopefully he will come back to us

Ekeke

The new Bruno Fernandes

Also, perhaps he knew we were going to sign a new CM/AM this summer and that was part of his decision? He barely got a kick before DVB and now he comes in

Varun

Staff
Please start a new thread in the FF to discuss his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.