Angel Gomes - Will he stay or will he go? | Contract Expired 30th June and he's left the club

Son

Where does one even start with this post?
Tbh to me he has been passive on the field whenever he has played for the first team. He also is not signing a contract which says maybe he’s a tiny bit entitled? and went to see a witch doctor...

So yes he seems a little bit of a ****. Is he talented? Absolutely! Does that make him United worthy? No

Son

:lol: yea he was probably out beating people up for their lunch money instead. What a stupid comparison.
Again Roy Keane could run games in his sleep.

Angel is talented but so far his performances for our first team have shown he’d have trouble running a bath at this point in time.

jamesjimmybyrondean

In a scenario where he played against Tottenham I think he would have been overwhelmed and dominated by the defense

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Hearing he's already agreed to sign a new contract, but the club are delaying announcing it because fans favourite Jesse Lingard has also agreed to sign a new contract and the United board can't decide(even after numerous votes) whether to announce Lingard first, Angel first, or do a joint announcement.

JohnnyLaw

Hearing he's already agreed to sign a new contract, but the club are delaying announcing it because fans favourite Jesse Lingard has also agreed to sign a new contract and the United board can't decide(even after numerous votes) whether to announce Lingard first, Angel first, or do a joint announcement.
Didn’t seem to be an issue with Scott?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Won’t make it. Don’t care if he leaves.

Just my opinion. No need to hate or flame :)
Perhaps he won't and it's nothing really surprising as many super talents failed the big test of maturity... however I still would keep him for bit longer, he looks a better technical baller than Chong and while we still don't know if we'll sign someone in mood of Grealish, VdB or Havertz, he could have some time to show something on the pitch.

His chances of making it look a bit cloudy in last months, can't deny that...

Infra-red

I'd like to think most Manchester United fans are happy Scott has signed a new contract.
I'm sure you're right. But if we want to safeguard the future, we also need to make sure that exciting young talents like Lingard are signed on to long-term deals.

RUCK4444

I'm sure you're right. But if we want to safeguard the future, we also need to make sure that exciting young talents like Lingard are signed on to long-term deals.
Agree, look at what happened when we let a similarly mercurial talent in Ravel Morrison leave, he's gone on to be the envy of Europe. :(

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Seems confident that it'll be done.
I don't know. Find it rather strange that a youth product who has achieved so very little is negotiating so hard on his new contract. If Ole simply doesn't rate him, then it's a no brainer and he really shouldn't even think of staying.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I don't know. Find it rather strange that a youth product who has achieved so very little is negotiating so hard on his new contract. If Ole simply doesn't rate him, then it's a no brainer and he really shouldn't even think of staying.
I don't think it's the money he's negotiating over, it's the fact that Ole hasn't given him a proper chance, and he probably wants assurances that that won't still happen if he signs.

Look at the period last year where Lingard & Pereira were stinking the place up game after game whilst he rotted on the bench.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You can also say the same about Pogba during his first stint at United, or Sancho at City.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What's funny? You're happy that a talented youngster is probably leaving before we've even given him a proper chance, whilst we still have dross like Lingard & Pereira in the squad? Who god forbid, it's not impossible they might get new contracts too, with Glazernomics at play.

AFC NimbleThumb

Given the style of football I’d like to see us play it’ll be disappointing if he is to leave & flourish elsewhere.

He’s stalled physically but was a true stand out at youth levels; in a team looking to dominate play his lack of physique shouldn’t be an issue but I’m yet to see a style of play under OgS so he’s probably right to be considering his career here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's funny? You're happy that a talented youngster is probably leaving before we've even given him a proper chance, whilst we still have dross like Lingard & Pereira in the squad?
We've offered him a deal and he's chosing to leave, what's that got to do with us?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We've offered him a deal and he's chosing to leave, what's that got to do with us?
Really? Because maybe Ole's handling of him (or lack thereof) this season is the main reason that has lead him to his decision. If he was actually getting chances i doubt he would want to leave.

Class of 63

Sourness
I think he's joking, at least I hope he is as I replied with a similar tongue in cheek reply.
Or maybe it was just the safest reply as I didn't particularly want to turn the Angel Gomes thread into an all out Jesse Lingard bashing thread. Granted I brought his name up, and it will hopefully become clearer in the next few days why.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Or maybe it was just the safest reply as I didn't particularly want to turn the Angel Gomes thread into an all out Jesse Lingard bashing thread. Granted I brought his name up, and it will hopefully become clearer in the next few days why.
Unless it's news that he's leaving, please i don't want to hear it. :nervous:

prateik

What's funny? You're happy that a talented youngster is probably leaving before we've even given him a proper chance, whilst we still have dross like Lingard & Pereira in the squad? Who god forbid, it's not impossible they might get new contracts too, with Glazernomics at play.
McT has been great.. Him getting a new deal has nothing to do with Gomes and his contract situation.
I find the idea of someone getting pissed at McT signing a new deal while Gomes refuses to sign one ... pretty amusing.

RUCK4444

Oh I hope they don't renew Jesse's contract. Let it run it's course now.

Joking aside we can't carry passengers, actually let me rephrase, Ole can't afford passengers.

Players like Jesse and Perreira have had a free ride for too long.

Class of 63

Sourness
It's all Mourinho's fault this, the kid had already started to believe his own hype when he was 16, there was already talk he was looking elsewhere and getting his debut so young a good few years before he was ready stunk of the club basically saying please don't go, and Jose was happy enough to go along with it in a meaningless game as it was another notch on his "I always give kids chances" Bedpost.

The kid is supremely talented no denying that but that's twice already he's challenged the club to match his ambitions with absolutely nothing shown on the pitch at first-team level to suggest he's got what it takes to play on such a stage.

Hope he stays, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he leaves.

Now if Lingard leaves.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
McT has been great.. Him getting a new deal has nothing to do with Gomes and his contract situation.
I find the idea of someone getting pissed at McT signing a new deal while Gomes refuses to sign one ... pretty amusing.
McT has been okay, come on now. I wouldn't be pissed at McT, it's the club obviously. A club who's busy getting players like McT, maybe even Lingard & Pereira to new contracts yet lets Gomes leave without a fuss wouldn't concern you?

Untd55

It's all Mourinho's fault this, the kid had already started to believe his own hype when he was 16, there was already talk he was looking elsewhere and getting his debut so young a good few years before he was ready stunk of the club basically saying please don't go, and Jose was happy enough to go along with it in a meaningless game as it was another notch on his "I always give kids chances" Bedpost.

The kid is supremely talented no denying that but that's twice already he's challenged the club to match his ambitions with absolutely nothing shown on the pitch at first-team level to suggest he's got what it takes to play on such a stage.

Hope he stays, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he leaves.

Now if Lingard leaves.
So giving a player a game is the reason he wants to leave? Do you think he wouldn't have wanted to play any games if he didn't play at 16? That makes no sense. The guy wants to play and Solskjaer has given him pretty much no chances, while giving a pretty diabolical Chong. It was not like we had an abundance of attacking midfielder in the first half of the season, yet he still didn't play. It was a perfect opportunity and Solskjaer did not take it. I find it strange why people are not questioning his decision around this. Why do you think Chong decided to sign a new contract? Because he is playing.

Gomes has had far fewer chances, even though he has looked better in the short amount of time we have seen him. If Solskjaer played him he would probably have stayed for certain.

Last edited: