Gaming Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought we could have an actual thread for it instead of it being in the Switch thread. It’s so addictive and wholesome.

Can share codes and visit each other’s islands, post screenshots etc..

My island is coming along. My sister who lives in Australia came to visit it earlier and I gave her a mask cause coronavirus doesn’t discriminate.

Just got three houses ready for new villagers and the museum and shop opened on mine today. Museum is pretty cool!

Also if I never see another egg again it will be too soon.

Castia

Been playing everyday since release. My island looks shite compared to some I’ve seen online though.

Great game, it’s my first proper go at Animal Crossing and I’m hooked.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been playing everyday since release. My island looks shite compared to some I’ve seen online though.

Great game, it’s my first proper go at Animal Crossing and I’m hooked.
Same I see what people did to their islands and mine looks like a turd but it’s still mine so it’s all good. I have big plans but not the resources yet. Currently trying to pay off my second bells loan from Tom Nook to improve my house again. He says he’ll break my legs if I don’t pay up by tomorrow night.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
My long game is to overtrow that greedy capitalist kingpin Tom Nook, end his reign of terror and liberate the villagers.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Is this worth getting? I've been looking for a new game since I finish Pokemon Sword. I have read a lot of good stuff, but I've also read that this game can become extremely 'grindy' at times, and the breakability of tools, and the aiming system when you're fishing, gardening etc being really clunky can make it quite frustrating as well. Any thoughts from the top minds of the caf?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
Is this worth getting? I've been looking for a new game since I finish Pokemon Sword. I have read a lot of good stuff, but I've also read that this game can become extremely 'grindy' at times, and the breakability of tools, and the aiming system when you're fishing, gardening etc being really clunky can make it quite frustrating as well. Any thoughts from the top minds of the caf?
I played Sword before started I on AC and it's a nothing game compared to AC imo. I haven't really found any of those things a nuisance and you'll be able to craft sturdier tools as you go along.

United Hobbit

I really really want this game however have the following preventing me from getting it aside from them being oos everywhere does anyone have any advice on where we stand?

Boyfriend has purchased for me through Friday Ad one of the full on Switches eg not the lite as only way of getting one as sold out everywhere

Seller seemed legit at first as on my advice bf requested a video of the thing working as I said if I was selling expensive electrical I'd fully expect to be asked for proof they work. Fine a video was fairly swiftly sent through all looked good including a dated piece of paper

Bf bank transferred the guy the money I advised to ask it was sent tracked and ask for the tracking ref/ proof of delivery. Guy claims he emailed it to bf this was about a week ago. He what's apped him several times asking again for this reference, never received

Today he has chased him again to finally be told it is damaged at the depot. I've said to ask for the tracking ref as If he knows it is "damaged" at the depot he must have a tracking ref. Bf has asked for his money back to be told the guys bank will only allow payments in 100's at a time so if bf could transfer him the difference of x to make it up to the next 100 he can transfer it all back?!

Where do we stand with this? Is there anyway he can get his money back?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I really really want this game however have the following preventing me from getting it aside from them being oos everywhere does anyone have any advice on where we stand?

Boyfriend has purchased for me through Friday Ad one of the full on Switches eg not the lite as only way of getting one as sold out everywhere

Seller seemed legit at first as on my advice bf requested a video of the thing working as I said if I was selling expensive electrical I'd fully expect to be asked for proof they work. Fine a video was fairly swiftly sent through all looked good including a dated piece of paper

Bf bank transferred the guy the money I advised to ask it was sent tracked and ask for the tracking ref/ proof of delivery. Guy claims he emailed it to bf this was about a week ago. He what's apped him several times asking again for this reference, never received

Today he has chased him again to finally be told it is damaged at the depot. I've said to ask for the tracking ref as If he knows it is "damaged" at the depot he must have a tracking ref. Bf has asked for his money back to be told the guys bank will only allow payments in 100's at a time so if bf could transfer him the difference of x to make it up to the next 100 he can transfer it all back?!

Where do we stand with this? Is there anyway he can get his money back?
You're being scammed and he's still trying to scam you for more. Unfortunately I doubt you'll be able to get it back. Probably a lesson learned for next time as harsh as it sounds. Happens to the best of us.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Have you tried contacting your bank and cancelling the transaction? long shot, but it's worked for me before. Just need proof that it was a scam, I think.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Paid off my second loan and got a second room now which has ended up ruining my fung shui as I had everything compact in one room and now it's all spread out.

Turnip exchange seems to be where it's at but I only bought 40 so doesn't look like I'll be making much off of those. The market with going to other people's islands is insane.

20solskjaer

Paid off my second loan and got a second room now which has ended up ruining my fung shui as I had everything compact in one room and now it's all spread out.

Turnip exchange seems to be where it's at but I only bought 40 so doesn't look like I'll be making much off of those. The market with going to other people's islands is insane.
i just posted in the switch thread about turnips, id be more than happy to share my prices everyday if they get high enough, and would no problem letting people visit to sell

ive got 17700 to offload this week :lol:

id be happy to let people catalogue stuff too if theres anything i have that they want, i have a decent stack of KK Slider song so far and about 10 or 11 villager posters

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
i just posted in the switch thread about turnips, id be more than happy to share my prices everyday if they get high enough, and would no problem letting people visit to sell

ive got 17700 to offload this week :lol:

id be happy to let people catalogue stuff too if theres anything i have that they want, i have a decent stack of KK Slider song so far and about 10 or 11 villager posters
My prices have been awful so far this week. Both lower than what I bought for. But yeah we can post in here what the rate is on everyone’s islands.

United Hobbit

Have you tried contacting your bank and cancelling the transaction? long shot, but it's worked for me before. Just need proof that it was a scam, I think.
He has emailed them I've said to give them a call and actually speak to someone or he will be waiting ages!

We have possibly found another one and this seems more legit so fingers crossed he paid by pay pal this time

We have the download of the game ready

I'm that sad I've even decided what I'm going to call my island (Isle of Dreams)

20solskjaer

He has emailed them I've said to give them a call and actually speak to someone or he will be waiting ages!

We have possibly found another one and this seems more legit so fingers crossed he paid by pay pal this time

We have the download of the game ready

I'm that sad I've even decided what I'm going to call my island (Isle of Dreams)
Stupidly the island names can only be 10 characters long, neither me nor my daughter could have our first choice island names

Hephaestus

My prices have been awful so far this week. Both lower than what I bought for. But yeah we can post in here what the rate is on everyone’s islands.
Mine started at 46 this week and have reduced by 4 each time, now being offered 26 bells for them. I'm fully on board with @R.N7 and his plan to overthrow Tom Nook but at this point I want the whole Nook family purged from the island/existence.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Stupidly the island names can only be 10 characters long, neither me nor my daughter could have our first choice island names
I have an affinity with New Zealand so I thought something pacific and peaceful sounding. Peaceful in Latin is pacificae, so after some mutation I named my island Pacifika.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sold mine for 130 this morning because I realised only having 40 was pretty pointless.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
I opened the store on monday so I guess I'll have to wait until sunday before I can get into the turnip business.

A photo studio wasn't exactly what I had in mind when this dog hippy invited me back to his island.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I opened the store on monday so I guess I'll have to wait until sunday before I can get into the turnip business.

A photo studio wasn't exactly what I had in mind when this dog hippy invited me back to his island.
Same. My inventory was full of lube and condoms for nothing.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
I named my island Prospero, which I thought was a pretty good name.

Quite pleased with this catch just now:

btw, has anyone managed to get to a unique island with the Nook Miles Ticket? I keep getting the same island with the same resources I can find on my own island.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
btw, has anyone managed to get to a unique island with the Nook Miles Ticket? I keep getting the same island with the same resources I can find on my own island.
Nope. If I get one more peach island I'm going to make Wilbur go extinct.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Got 6 millions selling turnips at 520 Bells this week, expanded my house to the fullest, paid all my loans, built 3 bridges and an incline, things finally looking to be going better for me in my island. :D