Gaming Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

United Hobbit

Has anyone managed to source and catch the Goliath Beetle? I've planted extra coconut trees (waiting on even more to grow) and have yet to even catch a glimpse of it?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Has anyone managed to source and catch the Goliath Beetle? I've planted extra coconut trees (waiting on even more to grow) and have yet to even catch a glimpse of it?
I've got one (or more). Maybe try looking on a mystery island where more bugs and stuff appear than on your normal island?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So since I can’t do more than 30 second videos. Here is some of my island on a throwaway twitter account.

Entrance, houses and start of main square.

Square, beach cafe, beach and other houses.

Shopping area and tranquil forest.

Museum, pier and gym.

Flower garden and then my house with the decked back garden.

United Hobbit

I've got one (or more). Maybe try looking on a mystery island where more bugs and stuff appear than on your normal island?
Thank you! Just been round my island multiple times nothing even though I'd planted extra coconut trees in prep for receiving it. Nothing. Tried a mystery island (money rock one to make it better as usually the useless dodo gives me the crap ones) took a couple of circuits but there it was on a coconut tree :D

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
So since I can’t do more than 30 second videos. Here is some of my island on a throwaway twitter account.

Entrance, houses and start of main square.

Square, beach cafe, beach and other houses.

Shopping area and tranquil forest.

Museum, pier and gym.

Flower garden and then my house with the decked back garden.
Cool island! I like the combination of natural and modern vibes.

Thank you! Just been round my island multiple times nothing even though I'd planted extra coconut trees in prep for receiving it. Nothing. Tried a mystery island (money rock one to make it better as usually the useless dodo gives me the crap ones) took a couple of circuits but there it was on a coconut tree :D
Ah cool congrats! :D Mystery Islands seem to be good for finding bugs, plus you can get rid of spawn points to make certain ones appear more which is handy!

United Hobbit

Ha. I did manage it eventually. Bought a turnip to rot and it attracted the ants and flies. Annoyingly, if you try to net it when both have spawned, the fly escapes and you just get the ants. So you have to scare away the ants near their hole and the fly remains.
Thanks I now have my fly used some turnips! There were ants as well I got excited and didn't scare the ants away but fortunately the fly was taking off so caught that not the ants

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Has anyone stopped buying turnips, or not buying as much anymore? I bought about 15000 this morning, but I've got about 25 million bells in the bank, so after this week I'm not sure I need to worry about it so much for a while.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Has anyone stopped buying turnips, or not buying as much anymore? I bought about 15000 this morning, but I've got about 25 million bells in the bank, so after this week I'm not sure I need to worry about it so much for a while.
Bought 10 so I could rot them but yeah I don’t need much money any more.

decorativeed

I'm still paying off the last home extension, so still buying turnips to speed that up. After that, I'm not sure what I'll need hundreds of thousands of bells for, so might not bother.

I just went on a nook miles trip and it was an island with scorpions and seven money rocks. Had a great time!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'm still paying off the last home extension, so still buying turnips to speed that up. After that, I'm not sure what I'll need hundreds of thousands of bells for, so might not bother.

I just went on a nook miles trip and it was an island with scorpions and seven money rocks. Had a great time!
I''ve got two house upgrades left but I've got plenty to cover those, but yeah I can't see what else I'll need loads of bells for. Hopefully there will be some updates to be able to upgrade Nook's Cranny even further or something.

Scorpion hunting is fun, don't feel like I need to do it anymore though with al my bells :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I've gotten myself some NFC tags to get those amiibo cards to invite villagers, so if you all want any villagers, I might be able to help out, just need some time to invite them and kick them out so you all can invite them.

decorativeed

I've gotten myself some NFC tags to get those amiibo cards to invite villagers, so if you all want any villagers, I might be able to help out, just need some time to invite them and kick them out so you all can invite them.
Yeah, It's very easy to use these and get the villager you want when a new house is opening up or someone is moving out. Couldn't believe how many people I saw on Etsy are selling these 50p NFC stickers for £5 or more though. The software is free.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Yeah, It's very easy to use these and get the villager you want when a new house is opening up or someone is moving out. Couldn't believe how many people I saw on Etsy are selling these 50p NFC stickers for £5 or more though. The software is free.
Some of them have pretty artworks though, which is more effort than I care to put in for the game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Who is the most useless recurring visitor? My vote's for either the rug camel or the cockney tacky merch skunk.
Gulliver. I leave that feck on the beach if I ever see him.

decorativeed

Who is the most useless recurring visitor? My vote's for either the rug camel or the cockney tacky merch skunk.
I've never seen him once yet. I'm not a fan of Lief. I can buy my plants and bushes from the shop thanks, pal.

United Hobbit

Gulliver is annoying especially as you have to ram him over the head a few times before he even speaks. Then it's the same task each time even if they alternate between a few different ones to mix it up it would help unfortunately as someone up thread said after about the billionth time helping him you can actually get good stuff

The camel is annoying in that you cant choose your rug whereas at least the others you can preview the stock . Thought I'd get a nice large rug for my new living room so bought one off her she gave me some ugly Persian rug when I'd have liked a nice plain one in a shade of blue perhaps

Last edited:

United Hobbit

Oh and those little raccoons obviously went to the same school of conning people out of money as the big one- saw a yellow washing machine in the shop the other day, quite fancied that so was going to buy it- they proudly informed me it was 160k! That was nearly as much as one of my house extensions! I passed. Maybe if they offered me better turnip prices I'd have been more obliged!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah they really need to vary things. Who wants to go through the same bloody Gulliver speech each time and collect the same 5 parts. Also that museum thing was boring as hell as lasted for about ten days.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Was I missing something with the museum stamp rally, or was it literally just going up to the stamp stands and pressing A a few times? I only did a few because it seemed so pointless.