Gaming Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

United Hobbit

Yeah they really need to vary things. Who wants to go through the same bloody Gulliver speech each time and collect the same 5 parts. Also that museum thing was boring as hell as lasted for about ten days.
Was I missing something with the museum stamp rally, or was it literally just going up to the stamp stands and pressing A a few times? I only did a few because it seemed so pointless.
The stamp rally was annoying, made even worse by the fact you got 3 plaques. Every single time. I have 1 of each up in my house I dont need more

Oh and that lazy dog who cant be bothered to do his job this month so you have to go take wedding photos. For a whole month. I haven't gone every day, I've got my boyfriend to do it a few times he enjoys making them deliberately terrible. Yet the dog still wants me back!

I'm now too lazy to craft tools I just buy them off the money grabbers. They still break!

Anyone managed to get blue hyacinths I've tried making flower gardens using a plot plan from online but feck all. Do have black lilies and tulips though

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They need to add more to mystery islands. Also the fact that it’s so repetitive eventually wears.

Load it up, get the 4/5 fossils, get the bottle on the beach, find the villager making something in their house, find the buried 1k bells, etc...

Maybe make it so that rarer fossils are found on the mystery islands. Different things wash up on the beach, maybe furniture? Have the villagers use things on the island more like the gym equipment.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
The stamp rally was annoying, made even worse by the fact you got 3 plaques. Every single time. I have 1 of each up in my house I dont need more

Oh and that lazy dog who cant be bothered to do his job this month so you have to go take wedding photos. For a whole month. I haven't gone every day, I've got my boyfriend to do it a few times he enjoys making them deliberately terrible. Yet the dog still wants me back!
I only did the first wedding photo and haven't had any reminders about it or anything, they must know I'd tell him to feck off.

No, it was really dull. I got so sick of him telling me about it every day.
Yeah me too, just mashing the B button until he would shut up.

United Hobbit

No, it was really dull. I got so sick of him telling me about it every day.
I only did the first wedding photo and haven't had any reminders about it or anything, they must know I'd tell him to feck off.

Yeah me too, just mashing the B button until he would shut up.
Yeah him telling me about the fossil rally was so annoying I ended up shouting at the screen yes I've done this exact same task for the last however many days I know exactly what I'm doing so shut up! And of course you had to go see him before it would register collecting the stamps then of course he couldn't recognise youd collected all 3 areas of stamps in one go oh no you had to listen to him say you also have ones in the bug and fossil area then listen again as the penny dropped for him you'd done the others. To get the same pointless reward...
You should be able to skip dialogue like in playstation games, I also get annoyed by the dodos who also wont shut up, them trying to be clever by using the phonetic alphabet for every word while making no sense at all Is made all the more annoying when you've been sent to the same terrible Nook island yet again!

United Hobbit

They need to add more to mystery islands. Also the fact that it’s so repetitive eventually wears.

Load it up, get the 4/5 fossils, get the bottle on the beach, find the villager making something in their house, find the buried 1k bells, etc...

Maybe make it so that rarer fossils are found on the mystery islands. Different things wash up on the beach, maybe furniture? Have the villagers use things on the island more like the gym equipment.
I agree and now my fossil section of the museum is nearly complete so I have to go through him waffling on only to be told oh we already have these fossils I'd like them for my personal collection but must use discretion and return them to you

Those are good suggestions or add some new tasks more things to grow eg vegetables. The ability to expand your island. Id like more than 10 villagers so if you could expand the island you could accommodate more and spend more time adding different areas. Perhaps add in more areas to the museum eg an old coin/ war medal section that you can use a metal detector to find them. Would be educational for children as well.
I think there are a host of bugs coming next month so that will be good, I've enjoyed having the sharks as well.
I'd also like if the islands were grouped eg you have the basic resource ones that were helpful when I was building the shop for 2k miles then I'd happily pay extra say 4 or 6k if I knew I was going to be guaranteed to get one of the good ones eg bamboo/ the shark one that is supposed to exist etc. Or have a tier of islands eg 2k gets you the very basic, 4k the midrange ones than a premium price for the good ones. I'd rather pay extra and know I was getting a good one rather than keep paying 2k for dross then have to listen to him waffling on about bunsen burners before I can leave to rub it in my face they have wasted my money again. Your suggestion of the mystery islands having the rarer fossils would also mean the basic ones were less pointless as youd at least get a rare fossil

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Mine suddenly jumped up to 355, turnip project gave that a 1.7% chance of that happening with 76% decreasing trend

Let me know if any of you want to sell it off anytime within the next 3 hrs and I can set it up.

I'm at GMT+8, so I'll need to time travel back to keep nook open of needed.

elmo

New Leaf actually had multiplayer mode on the island tours, which gives me hope that it'll eventually return down the road for new horizon.

GBBQ

Few bug bears:

Assessing fossils after the museum has been completed; we know you have them already and aren't going to buy them just tell me the 4 i have so i can sell them and move on
Mystery islands; now that I have gotten to 5 stars I am getting all sorts of rare mystery islands much more frequently. It means nothing now. Increasing the likelihood to get new fruit / stones with lots of money / tarantula island earlier in the game would have been more enjoyable especially when you're deciding whether to use nook miles on mystery islands or furniture
Island Visitors; Nigh on impossible to do the art museum piece because Redd never turns up whereas the dude selling the flowers that has the same content each trip for the last 4 or 5 visits is there much more frequently. I guessed wrong on the Rosetta stone the last time he was here and so i haven't added anything to the museum in about a month.
Shooting Stars - Whats the deal here. i have only seen one in my time playing and this was before it was explained what to do. Since that was explained I haven't seen any.

I have a 5 star island and my house has a basement now so no further expansion. I can see my interest plummeting from here on in. Its been good up to this point as I've had things to aim for but now the things to be completed seem to be too random to make it worthwhile.

elmo

Point of the game was never to complete the museum, but more of do whatever you like. Musuem is just one part of it.

Like my aim is just to fish and get the picture frame of all the villagers I like.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm still trying to catch a Mahi Mahi.

Definitely don't play it as much atm though. Game needs an update to keep it fresh.

Cloud7

Point of the game was never to complete the museum, but more of do whatever you like. Musuem is just one part of it.

Like my aim is just to fish and get the picture frame of all the villagers I like.
I think I overestimated how much I would enjoy a 'do whatever you like' game. I haven't touched this in weeks. One of the pitfalls of digital purchasing, that you can't return the game :( Can't even say it's an issue with the game, more an issue with me. I play too much videogames for this to keep me going for long.

United Hobbit

I liked having a purpose with a clear objective at the end.
To some extent I still have this as I wish to complete the bug and fish collections. There are multiple new bugs due next month so that will at least keep me busy.

Isabelle is starting to get on my wick by rarely having any announcements. This wouldn't be so bad if that was it. No you then have to listen to her prattle on about shallow things I dont actually care about eg her magazine or TV show. Shut up. You should be able to skip the dialogue especially as they usually say the same thing- Blathers I'm talking to you

It's the repetition that is mind numbing, for example the wedding tasks and the stamp rally. You just do the same thing every single day it's on for pretty average rewards. Mix things up a little bit have a rolling list of tasks you can do

I'd like the island to be able to be made bigger so you can have more residents/ features. Quite a lot of mine is allocated to various projects eg hybrid flower growing so I'm running out of space so no incentive to change things up- if I had more space I could plan more areas and have more residents

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Opening up the water is cool but underwhelming update overall.

decorativeed

Nah, happy with that. Wondered whether they'd add diving like in the previous game.

How's everyone's turnip prices today? Mine have been decreasing all week.

United Hobbit

Ooh excited by the chance of more creatures. Guessing Pascal will make you get scallops in exchange for his recipes

I cant wait to do more tasks for Gulliver... let's hope it isnt the same one and they've actually mixed it up a bit!

United Hobbit

I'd like to know what jobs those llamas have as I think I'm doing it wrong given they can earn enough money to have a photoshoot every day for 30 days!

Or maybe they're getting a discount because the dog is too lazy to do his job

The male llama is very threatening if you decline buying any of his furniture

decorativeed

I'd like to know what jobs those llamas have as I think I'm doing it wrong given they can earn enough money to have a photoshoot every day for 30 days!

Or maybe they're getting a discount because the dog is too lazy to do his job

The male llama is very threatening if you decline buying any of his furniture
I've not even bothered going to see them as it looked boring and with no real reward. How're your turnip prices? I'm getting increasingly desperate!

United Hobbit

I've not even bothered going to see them as it looked boring and with no real reward. How're your turnip prices? I'm getting increasingly desperate!
It is very boring I've only done it a few times with nothing better to waste my time on. The rewards are naff as well he threatens you if you dont buy one, I haven't as theres nothing to fit with my island theme I've only really used the bench they gave me on the beach and I think they gave me some flowers which are on my beach deck cafe

48 this afternoon absolutely shocking, they were 200 and something the other day so got rid of all mine bar 10 batches then just in case I get another spike. I cant usually get on in the morning due to work so I dont get to try both times. I've possibly got another spike tomorrow but I'll need to check

decorativeed

It is very boring I've only done it a few times with nothing better to waste my time on. The rewards are naff as well he threatens you if you dont buy one, I haven't as theres nothing to fit with my island theme I've only really used the bench they gave me on the beach and I think they gave me some flowers which are on my beach deck cafe

48 this afternoon absolutely shocking, they were 200 and something the other day so got rid of all mine bar 10 batches then just in case I get another spike. I cant usually get on in the morning due to work so I dont get to try both times. I've possibly got another spike tomorrow but I'll need to check
Oh dear! Looks like I've made a bad investment this week, but I've got my house paid off and it was probably going to be the last time I bought a large stash for a while.

We've got our island looking pretty nice now, so let me know if you fancy a visit.

United Hobbit

Oh dear! Looks like I've made a bad investment this week, but I've got my house paid off and it was probably going to be the last time I bought a large stash for a while.

We've got our island looking pretty nice now, so let me know if you fancy a visit.
Ah yes I'd like to see it sometime, maybe next week if my turnip prices go poor, you'll have to visit mine as well. Glad we have a new month and new bugs coming was getting a little stagnated doing the same thing again and again

United Hobbit

Sold all my turnips bar 1 batch yesterday at 140 as thought prices were going nowhere

Of course when I visit the con artists today they inform me it's the highest ive ever seen it at 547 bells :rolleyes:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone still playing this? What do you think of the new dreaming feature if so?
Ive kept an eye out but the new features haven’t really been enough to pull me back in. Plus other games taking up my time at the min.

decorativeed

Ive kept an eye out but the new features haven’t really been enough to pull me back in. Plus other games taking up my time at the min.
I visited a few islands with the dream codes, and they are interesting, but I suspect that there's a lot of hacking/cheating going on with some. People have museums completely finished, with every artwork even.

What else have you been playing?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I visited a few islands with the dream codes, and they are interesting, but I suspect that there's a lot of hacking/cheating going on with some. People have museums completely finished, with every artwork even.

What else have you been playing?
Ghost of Tsushima mainly. And now Fall Guys.

Havak

Pokemon master
22.40million copies sold through from release to June 30th. Makes it the second best selling Switch game so far in less than four months on the market.

I've fallen off from playing it for probably close to a month now... Been busy though and not even been on the Switch at all much in that time either.