Gaming Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Caught some ridiculous fish the other night - Great White, Arapaima and the Ocean Sunfish. Last one made me laugh like a little kid with how stupidly big it was.

Looks like I've got KK coming to the island tonight to play a gig. That didn't take long. Only just got the 4th extension to my house as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've played this game several, several months but I only JUST realized that I can catch the angry wasps with my net l o l.
:lol:

I viited an Island the other night with my nook miles ticket that was infested with scorpions. Ended up catching about 15 and making a pretty penny. Stung me a few times mind. Those suckers are fast.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I have such a good set of villagers, but haven’t played in weeks and scared to turn it back on in case any have left

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Leonardo FINALLY decided to move out. One down, two to go. Kidd Cat proved yet again on my birthday why I've been wanting to get rid of him since day 1 on the island.

decorativeed

Anyone else catched a giant isopod in the water? feck me, must've spent 20 minutes chasing it before I finally managed to corner it.
Yeah, those and gigas clams, you need to corral them into a corner to catch them. Took me ages too, the first time.

decorativeed

Just checked as loaded up to catch the new bugs- its the diplodocus torso (front legs) that I still need if you're happy to send to me if you find it :)
Hey, have you managed to find this yet? I just dug up a 'Diplo Chest', which I think is the same thing.

United Hobbit

Hey, have you managed to find this yet? I just dug up a 'Diplo Chest', which I think is the same thing.
Oh i think it is!! Im at work now and probably won't have time to check tonight as the other half is enforcing the awful sight of Liverpool playing onto the TV :rolleyes:

Would I be able to check over the weekend and get back to you? Or if you already have this fossil what do you need to get it sent to me and I'll pm you the info when I next log on?

I havent played as much lately but will do a few days this month to get the new fish and bugs

decorativeed

Oh i think it is!! Im at work now and probably won't have time to check tonight as the other half is enforcing the awful sight of Liverpool playing onto the TV :rolleyes:

Would I be able to check over the weekend and get back to you? Or if you already have this fossil what do you need to get it sent to me and I'll pm you the info when I next log on?

I havent played as much lately but will do a few days this month to get the new fish and bugs
I'm not sure if I can just send it somehow, probably best if you visit my island or I visit yours. Happy to hold on to it for a bit anyway, so give me a shout when you want to get it.

United Hobbit

Paid off my second loan and got a second room now which has ended up ruining my fung shui as I had everything compact in one room and now it's all spread out.

Turnip exchange seems to be where it's at but I only bought 40 so doesn't look like I'll be making much off of those. The market with going to other people's islands is insane.
I'm not sure if I can just send it somehow, probably best if you visit my island or I visit yours. Happy to hold on to it for a bit anyway, so give me a shout when you want to get it.
If posting doesn't work, I may go on when I can get rid of the Liverpool vomit inducement at half time if you're free if not don't worry :)

United Hobbit

Yeah, just give me a shout and I'll try to keep my eye out.
Just going to watch the draw and us inevitably get Tottenham or Arsenal & City get Stoke or Brentford, are you likely to be on then if not we can leave for tonight?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
Kid Cat finally left wooo. For like the first time ever the campsite visitor (Clyde, a stoner horse) suggested someone other than Beardo. The island is now fully jock free.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Love my current villagers but Chrissy, Sprinkles, Marina and Cherry can never leave

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I dread the day someone amazing turns up in my campsite, because I can't bear to let any of my current ones go, they're all too cute and I'd feel horrible.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'm basically trying to get all of new leaf villagers back into my island and letting the rest leave once they give me their damn framed picture.
I've played for 330 hours and haven't got a single picture yet :lol: Do you just give them stuff every day or something until they give you a pic?

decorativeed

I've played for 330 hours and haven't got a single picture yet :lol: Do you just give them stuff every day or something until they give you a pic?
I've managed to get one so far, but my wife has got four. She makes a lot more effort than I do with them. Gifts every day and sometimes sends a letter. I never send letters because I hate using the keyboard to type on the game. So many typos.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I've managed to get one so far, but my wife has got four. She makes a lot more effort than I do with them. Gifts every day and sometimes sends a letter. I never send letters because I hate using the keyboard to type on the game. So many typos.
Ah right, I've not sent any letters either. TBF it probably doesn't matter about typos since they can't read them :D

decorativeed

Ah right, I've not sent any letters either. TBF it probably doesn't matter about typos since they can't read them :D
Yeah, it's just a horrible clunky experience to use, so I don't even bother! I've always disliked the typing aspect of AC games, but it was much easier with a stylus on the DS/3DS. At least this game doesn't force you to send letters like the old ones, but it may have helped get those pictures.

Edit: My wife also swears by giving the villagers gifts that you have wrapped.

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Yeah, it's just a horrible clunky experience to use, so I don't even bother! I've always disliked the typing aspect of AC games, but it was much easier with a stylus on the DS/3DS. At least this game doesn't force you to send letters like the old ones, but it may have helped get those pictures.

Edit: My wife also swears by giving the villagers gifts that you have wrapped.
Maybe I'll wrap a few things next time I give any gifts! I don't think I'll bother with letters, I'm not desperate enough for the pics.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Maybe I'll wrap a few things next time I give any gifts! I don't think I'll bother with letters, I'm not desperate enough for the pics.
Wrap fruits and give it to them. It's the fastest way to level up the friendship with them and once it's at the max level, you'll have a chance of getting a picture from them as a gift.

I've gotten 5 pictures this way so far

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
I had no idea about the framed pictures, just the other day I discovered that you can fill the holes you've dug by kicking dirt into them, I've been using the shovel all this time.

decorativeed

I'm so sick of waiting for Redd to turn up, only for him to have the same fake painting of the Japanese guy with the daft eyebrows! Third time in a row he's brought that one.

decorativeed

Today Audie moved out, so we've been visiting dozens of islands with nook miles tickets. Encountered Naomi - literally a snooty cow - three times during my 14 trips. The odds of that must be phenomenal. Seen Marina twice, as well as Sylvia and Walt who I'd seen the last time we needed a new villager. My wife just went on it and the first person she meets is bloody Audie, who has the audacity to pretend she didn't know her!