Another mass shooting event|This time, Indianapolis.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
America is not a real place
You're kidding but sometimes I genuinely can't wrap my head around America. In many ways they seem backwards but then you realise they're the world's richest and most powerful country though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You're kidding but sometimes I genuinely can't wrap my head around America. In many ways they seem backwards but then you realise they're the world's richest and most powerful country though.
We’re exceptional. We take that shit to heart.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
America really can’t be thought of as a single country at times when there’s such enormous differences between states.

New York and Alabama being examples of the extremes.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Americans get what they deserve.

If you believe in guns then the inevitable is going to happen over and over again. I wonder how many of the people murdered believe in the right of Americans to own guns.
Oh here we go again with the deserve bullshit.

:rolleyes:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
America really can’t be thought of as a single country at times when there’s such enormous differences between states.

Hell, New York & Pennsylvania when you look at culture & state government difference.

But, your broader point is spot on.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Yup. It's interesting that all these states did manage to unite into 1 country despite all the clear differences between them.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The US is a society where arguably 90 % do not want guns banned outright. Even many "liberals" and "anti gun" folks don't actually want them completely banned like in most countries. They merely want "more background checks", "no big calibres like AR-15" and small details like that. Outright ban though? Even majority of Democrats don't ask for that.

It's part of their Hollywood hero mentality ("I need it so I can defend myself against 10 gang members intruding my home") so this repeated fake bewilderment from us Europeans is pointless.
The reason most of us don't want that is because it won't work.

The more obvious solution is stricter regulation. It's easier to get a gun license than a driver's license.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yup. It's interesting that all these states did manage to unite into 1 country despite all the clear differences between them.
Not sure if this is a wum, but a large part of the problem is that the country became far bigger than the founding fathers could have envisioned & the system of government laid out when the country didn’t exist beyond the Appalachian Mountains was a little too Pollyanna-ish when considering the issues of today / the past hundred years.

You could be completely tongue in cheek here, though.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

If you believe in guns then the inevitable is going to happen over and over again. I wonder how many of the people murdered believe in the right of Americans to own guns.
Cool story. Why don’t you tell us where your from so we can tell you that you completely deserve whatever bad things happen in your country.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Just taking the recent Boulder shooting into account, apparently two of the victims were massive 2A supporters on the nutter side of the equation.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Texas shooting isn’t even a ‘mass casualty event,’ doesn’t look like there’s four victims.

Slow day in the lone star state.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The problem with your analogy is that for it to apply it would be the 7 yo little girl in the nearby school who got the mauling.
Then it changes to if we all prod the bear does someone deserve a mauling.

Americans don’t do nearly enough to stop this, as evidenced by the fact that nothing changes.

And I’m well aware of what it would take to change this and what an ask that is but it still means they don’t do enough and are ultimately fine with the status quo.

Individual Americans can be fine people but as a society at large they’re fecking abysmal.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Then it changes to if we all prod the bear does someone deserve a mauling.

Americans don’t do nearly enough to stop this, as evidenced by the fact that nothing changes.

And I’m well aware of what it would take to change this and what an ask that is but it still means they don’t do enough and are ultimately fine with the status quo.

Individual Americans can be fine people but as a society at large they’re fecking abysmal.
I would only take issue, slightly, with the last point. There are pockets, within American society, that are good and bad. As a whole I think the scales tilt slightly towards good, but power wielded by that side is substantially lesser.

I think if the 2A is ever abolished it will only be after an actual widespread and bloody insurrection by white nationalists. Nothing else will deliver the impetus needed to push it through, and even that may not be enough.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I would only take issue, slightly, with the last point. There are pockets, within American society, that are good and bad. As a whole I think the scales tilt slightly towards good, but power wielded by that side is substantially lesser.

I think if the 2A is ever abolished it will only be after an actual widespread and bloody insurrection by white nationalists. Nothing else will deliver the impetus needed to push it through, and even that may not be enough.

The only change I foresee to the 2A is to prevent it applying to Blacks/Latinos/gays/libtards etc.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Every time a right winger uses ‘libtard,’ an angel gets an abortion.

Not specifically you, Grinner, I don’t know if you are a right winger or not

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And that was so naked, so blatant.

And right wingers decry the strict California gun laws without knowing the genesis of them & why.

The laws go back to the late 1800s, but this turn of events in the 60s led much to what we see today. But right wingers want to typically blame the libz.

Amazing to consider the shift in NRA attitude from 1967 to 1977.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
If you kept prodding a bear would you deserve the mauling?
Such a ridiculous analogy. Do you blame everyone from Afghanistan for The Taliban?

Have a go at the politicians, the NRA, the corporate sponsors, the right wing news jocks who push the fear of not owning a gun etc...

Do not victim blame. It's a shitty argument that makes you look pathetic and also very uneducated. Or just plain lazy. I get the apathy and I get the frustrations, but saying that the kids at Sandy Hook and all the other victims of mass shootings deserved it is fecking awful.

Edit, I see you have been banned and as usual I'm replying to myself :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Such a ridiculous analogy. Do you blame everyone from Afghanistan for The Taliban?

Have a go at the politicians, the NRA, the corporate sponsors, the right wing news jocks who push the fear of not owning a gun etc...

Do not victim blame. It's a shitty argument that makes you look pathetic and also very uneducated. Or just plain lazy. I get the apathy and I get the frustrations, but saying that the kids at Sandy Hook and all the other victims of mass shootings deserved it is fecking awful.

Edit, I see you have been banned and as usual I'm replying to myself :lol:
Where do the rules land on calling someone an inhuman cnut if they’re banned? Does the insults rule apply only to active members, or does calling someone who has been banned an inhuman cnut lead to a warning as well?

Just curious, no specific reason.