Another mass shooting event|This time, Indianapolis.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Don't know what to say at this point.

prateik

Best indicator of things going back to normal.. Covid is yesterdays news.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
More sad news. Probably an outraged employee or a misguided Qannon? :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A colleague stormed out of the office in anger on Tuesday. Not once did it occur to me that he could be back to commit murder.
If I lived in America, I would be gone form the office for a few days at the very least.

Jericholyte2

It's not the only one so far today...

Going from the GunViolenceArchive 72hr tracker 27 people were killed and 65 injured by gun violence yesterday, YESTERDAY.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

MarylandMUFan

A colleague stormed out of the office in anger on Tuesday. Not once did it occur to me that he could be back to commit murder.
If I lived in America, I would be gone form the office for a few days at the very least.
It's sad, a while ago I worked in a secure building but the parking lot was open to the public. We fired someone once and we joked that nobody wanted to be first out the door at the end of the day in case the guy we fired was outside of the building ready to mow us down. We said it jokingly but there was always a hint of fear to it.

Cait Sith

The US is a society where arguably 90 % do not want guns banned outright. Even many "liberals" and "anti gun" folks don't actually want them completely banned like in most countries. They merely want "more background checks", "no big calibres like AR-15" and small details like that. Outright ban though? Even majority of Democrats don't ask for that.

It's part of their Hollywood hero mentality ("I need it so I can defend myself against 10 gang members intruding my home") so this repeated fake bewilderment from us Europeans is pointless.

nimic

something nice
Scout
“We are deeply shocked and saddened by the loss of [insert value ] following the tragic shooting at [insert value] in [insert value],” the statement said. “Our most heartfelt sympathies are with all those affected by this senseless act of violence.”

FireballXL5

If I'm being honest, I'm struggling to give a shit about this insanity anymore.

Classical Mechanic

Surely it would be reasonable to expect a spate of these events now given they were supressed by lockdown? You'd imagine that the pandemic and lockdown didn't exactly help to improve the mental state of potential perpetrators.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It's sad, a while ago I worked in a secure building but the parking lot was open to the public. We fired someone once and we joked that nobody wanted to be first out the door at the end of the day in case the guy we fired was outside of the building ready to mow us down. We said it jokingly but there was always a hint of fear to it.
Yup. At an old job, someone was fired because he got into an extremely heated debate over freaking climate change and wanted to fight people outside (he was a Trumper and Hispanic oddly enough). He was also former military and there had to be discussions on how to keep the building safe.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I had CNN on while eating. My brother walked in, saw the fuss on TV, "wow what happened". I told him and he said "oh ok" and just went back to his room. That's it, it's not even news anymore, not a tragedy, just a thing, a random piece of information.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
At my workplace a few years back: a colleague quit but sent three unhinged rambling emails to everyone 1st. He was a bit nutso, real bipolar type.
When the word got around that his wife didn’t know where he was that’s when I went home. We had to hire a security guard for a few days until he was tracked down. Madness.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Going postal has been a workplace fear for decades here.

Seems as though a good guy with a gun couldn’t stop this...

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Surely it would be reasonable to expect a spate of these events now given they were supressed by lockdown? You'd imagine that the pandemic and lockdown didn't exactly help to improve the mental state of potential perpetrators.
But the frequency didn’t get reduced due to lockdown. We’re not trending at a much appreciably higher rate.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I had CNN on while eating. My brother walked in, saw the fuss on TV, "wow what happened". I told him and he said "oh ok" and just went back to his room. That's it, it's not even news anymore, not a tragedy, just a thing, a random piece of information.
I wish it was just ‘random.’