Another mass shooting event|This time, Indianapolis.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I had CNN on while eating. My brother walked in, saw the fuss on TV, "wow what happened". I told him and he said "oh ok" and just went back to his room. That's it, it's not even news anymore, not a tragedy, just a thing, a random piece of information.
You can tell we don’t live in a particularly nice world when things like this are so common they’re met with apathy. It’s so sad this stuff happens so often.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You can tell we don’t live in a particularly nice world when things like this are so common they’re met with apathy. It’s so sad this stuff happens so often.
The only flaw in @maniak ’s post is the word ‘random.’ If these events were indeed random, it would probably have caused his brother further pause.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The only flaw in @maniak ’s post is the word ‘random.’ If these events were indeed random, it would probably have caused his brother further pause.
I didn't word it properly, I didn't mean the act was random, just that my brother took it as random info, nothing special about it. I could've told him a celebrity got married, Trump said something stupid, a nhl player got arrested and so on, it would've had a similar impact. Probably instead of random, ordinary would be a better word.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn't word it properly, I didn't mean the act was random, just that my brother took it as random info, nothing special about it. I could've told him a celebrity got married, Trump said something stupid, a nhl player got arrested and so on, it would've had a similar impact. Probably instead of random, ordinary would be a better word.
I got exactly what you meant. ‘Ordinary’ would certainly be a better word.

I was just bringing up how utterly ordinary it has become to us, virtual background noise now.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Out of all the weapons that were used in recent mass shootings, how many were legally acquired and how many were illegal?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I gave up on any real reform happening. If it didn't happen after these kids and teachers were slaughtered at Sandy Hook, it's not going to happen. Freedom and all that BS.

Clearly these children should've been armed.

But honestly its fecking depressing. That country isn't going to move on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Usual situation is you hear of a mass shooting, ask where, hear it's America, and your reaction is a simple, "ah, ok".

That's shocking really, as if it doesn't register even the slightest shock factor any more.

It's impossible for any of us not born or living in America to understand their "culture".

That something created a tonne load of years ago "the constitution" seems to be the defence against all these shootings, the absolute insane inability to consider that everything else has changed immeasurably since the days it was created, so why on earth not the guns thing?

The depressing thing, is that people who debate this aren't even trying to debate "no guns", but more the type of guns, or limiting you to fewer guns if you have massive dodgy background and suchlike.

The bit that permanently showed you it's a lost battle was when they suggested that the way to deal with school shootings, was to introduce MORE guns into the mixer for teachers.
Just the absolute friggery?!

Americans try and say we havea knife problem, which we may do. But knives aren't just used to kill people, and it is illegal to wander around with them outside the home anyway!

Suv666

Americans are insane. So many lives lost just so they can dress up as army man. Fecking insane.

Dont see America banning guns in the jear future. This will keep happening for decades.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Americans are insane. So many lives lost just so they can dress up as army man. Fecking insane.

Dont see America banning guns in the jear future. This will keep happening for decades.
It's quite ironic but where I am it's not a norm for people to go crazy about owning a gun. There's probably more illegal guns than legal ones. They're seriously clamping down on illegal weapons here while other parts of the country people are using legal weapons to commit mass shootings.

vidic blood & sand

Spent a lot of time in Indiana and Illinois. Been to Indianapolis many times. Great place! Horrible situation!
Thoughts and prayers with those affected.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
This is one of those times where ignorance is bliss. (not calling you ignorant in the negative sense :cool:)
:)I get what you're trying to say and contrary to popular belief I am very ignorant with regards to this kinda stuff. I'm not even going to google it.

Mental issues + depraved fetishes is my understanding of it.
We live in such a strange world. I don't even know if everyone knows how to be "human" anymore.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn't even know they existed. Why would grown men be interested in ponies ?
It’s pretty apparent how incels could be attracted to My Little Pony, etc.

Disturbing, but understandable.

Fetishes like these are overtly marketed in some societies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is just insane. His mom warned the police, they took his guns, and he was STILL able to go and buy more. This country......

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Apparently Fedex employees have to lock their phones in lockers as they're prohibited to have them while working therefore many people were unable to contact family members.

The company told Business Insider early Friday morning it is reconsidering the policy in the aftermath of a mass shooting. But a FedEx spokesperson would not comment on the policy when asked by IndyStar Friday morning.

https://eu.indystar.com/story/news/...rs-criticize-no-cell-phone-policy/7251546002/
:lol: 8 people killed and the response is "Hmm, we'll think about changing it." Dystopian as feck.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The authorities cam confiscate your guns but can't stop you from buying more. Joke country.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Looking on my phone, so small picture and it took me a minute to realize this was a game (GTA?). The sad part is it wasn’t the assault rifle or sniper rifle with silencer. It was when I saw the cash counter in the upper corner.

The Firestarter

Looking on my phone, so small picture and it took me a minute to realize this was a game (GTA?). The sad part is it wasn’t the assault rifle or sniper rifle with silencer. It was when I saw the cash counter in the upper corner.
Yeah the reference was that this establishment is called ammo-nation and is practically at every block. Not sure if you've played it. And initially I thought that ubiquity is significant exaggeration.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
fecking Kenosha.

Didn’t have that on my ‘next gun humper playground’ Bingo card last year.

032Devil

Americans get what they deserve.

If you believe in guns then the inevitable is going to happen over and over again. I wonder how many of the people murdered believe in the right of Americans to own guns.