Another Prediction

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fecking Arsenal. Like City back when they were shit. A thorn in the side of a much better United team. When Arsenal were good we beat them more times than most. Now they’re crap, they’re like a turd that won’t flush.

This weekend you can absolutely guarantee that Partey will start, play a blinder and hand the gooners all three points. Inevitable after he missed big games against our title rivals. No doubt Odegaard will also feature. Probably score or set up a goal too.

You heard it here first.

Judas

Open to offers
100% guaranteed. It's not even a funny feeling, I'll know they'll mess up our great run. But we won't crumble after it, I feel confident about that at least.

Tallis

Our Tactics were completely wrong in the last game. We need to avoid how we played in the last game - trying to play it out and invite their press.

We need to be more direct - hit long balls to Cavani / Martial / Pogba and have them run beyond their slow defenders. That’s what Southampton did this weekend.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Oles bogey team in the league.

1 point out of 12 against them.

Irwin99

Fecking Arsenal. Like City back when they were shit. A thorn in the side of a much better United team. When Arsenal were good we beat them more times than most. Now they’re crap, they’re like a turd that won’t flush.

This weekend you can absolutely guarantee that Partey will start, play a blinder and hand the gooners all three points. Inevitable after he missed big games against our title rivals. No doubt Odegaard will also feature. Probably score or set up a goal too.

You heard it here first.
It's funny I've been thinking this could be a banana skin for awhile I just didn't wanna be accused of negativity :nervous: . Arsenal will be the underdog and this could be much trickier than anticipated as Arteta won't set up with an attacking approach that will leave space in behind. We might scrape a win through individual brilliance but I think we could be in for some frustration.

Zen86

It'll be a completely different game this time around. I think we'll go at them a bit more, similar to how we handled Liverpool.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The law of averages is not on Arsenals side here, at all.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's so infuriating as we all know from laughing at AFTV most weeks how mediocre they are but yeah, it'll probably be another struggle. I'm still annoyed by the way the home game panned out. Fecking Arsenal.

RedDevilRoshi

It'll be a completely different game this time around. I think we'll go at them a bit more, similar to how we handled Liverpool.
Agree. I think we won’t sit back against them like we done in the home game. We will go toe to toe with them this time.

RUCK4444

We were disgracefully bad in the last game against them, I said at the time (when everybody was saying how ‘well’ Arsenal played) that in fact they weren’t that impressive on the day at all, we were just diabolical.

We couldn’t put two passes together and beat a very average press, it was an off day, one of the worst for a long time.

We just need to keep up this momentum and the same approach to each game as it comes.

Mike Smalling

Oles bogey team in the league.

1 point out of 12 against them.
Wow, that's awful. Although we did beat them 3-1 at Emirates in the FA Cup in Ole's first season.

They shouldn't be underestimated this time around though. Only City have more points than them in the last five league games.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
No.

The players will be angry because of that 0-1. Arteta still at the helm. Time to prove they are still hopeless midtable dirt, especially after beating Liverpool 3-2.

Currently only City and Leicester firing on all cylinders could beat us.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don’t see it this way. I see it that we’re due a win against them so we will lose. The same way I knew they’d beat us at OT because they haven’t in so long.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think it’s going to be another draw. I’ve a nagging feeling we are going to be drawing a lot of games trying too hard to keep it tight against the bigger teams. We haven’t found the key to our attacking play at all yet but grinding out results against the smaller teams has got us right in the thick of it and I can see us keeping that up for the rest of this season. It’s a solid base to build on at the very least. We do owe a team a hiding though and if we play like we did against Liverpool that may very well come against Sheffield United.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Let’s beat Sheffield first.

We should have enough to beat Arsenal, ole will us fired up for this no doubt.

Withnail

You heard it here first.
I think we do them this time around.

We showed them far too much respect and were too concerned with not losing. We're away as well so we'll catch them on the break.

Am I doing this wrong?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I said the same about Partey here

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier-league-fixtures-16th-23rd.460267/page-24#post-26665132

So technically you read it there first, now give me that Poster of the Year award :mad:

Seriously though we haven't beaten Arsenal in the league since Wenger retired, is it punishment for beating them all those times under Wenger that the best we've managed since he left is two home draws?
Has to be some kind of voodoo explanation. Those are crazy stats. They were actually quite good under Wenger too. They’ve been gash since he left but are somehow unbeatable. Makes no sense.

Chairman Steve

Pogba brainfart caused us to lose back in November. They undoubtedly set up perfectly against the team we put out but it should have ended 0-0, and let’s not forget they took that system that worked well against us, used it against other teams and lost a boatload of games after that, so we’ve got lots of footage of how other teams dealt with them. Villa strolled over them a week later after they played us.

PJS007

for those calling them our Ole's bogey team don't forget we did smash them in the cup 2 years ago

Dominos

So now they'll be off the back of an away win to Southampton and they have an extra day rest.

I have the same feeling that we're due a loss. Pray I'm wrong.

Alemar

What makes you afraid of Arsenal? Partey in midfield? Bellerin or Cedric at full backs? Or David Luiz? We are just better in all respects, just need to make sure their through balls don’t beat our offside trap and their low crosses are not met by attackers at far post. Other things they can’t do

BEST No7

One thing that gives you hope is we usually bounce back well under ole. Think we'll win. We have to.

Siorac

We will end up beating Arsenal after the shit show tonight.
A few weeks ago I'd have said a stinking, awful 0-0 is the most likely scenario. Now I'm not so sure, they started scoring goals recently. If we start slow as we usually do, they could smell blood.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Expecting a win now. One of those last season-esque performances in big games where we soak up the pressure and get a couple of goals on the break.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

You heard it here first.
I agree with a United loss. I think Arsenal are a good side though and may sneak top four.

GledTheRed

A few weeks ago I'd have said a stinking, awful 0-0 is the most likely scenario. Now I'm not so sure, they started scoring goals recently. If we start slow as we usually do, they could smell blood.
They will attack us and leave us the space to counter which we need due to being clueless at breaking down a low block.

dove

Will park the bus as always and concede a corner. 0-1.