5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

I expect more from him. But this first start in league this season, he did very very well. It will takes more games for him to be fully comfortable to the EPL. During the game, he has shown enough that won’t be a problem for him. Now, he needs to be given more opportunity.

SambaBoy

Did well defensively too, always tracking his man and putting his foot in.

Rarely gave the ball away and looked a bright spark, I'd give him a run of games over Sancho/Rashford at the min.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Decent disciplined player, but the fact that a forward with that little on the ball threat is in contention for a starting place, shows how far United has fallen.

Does offer more than Rashford/Sancho in current form, so fair enough.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent today, just needs to work on his end product, but that will come. Just needs to keep this attitude up and he will do well for us.

Kopral Jono

A lot better than both Sancho and Rashford at the moment. I don't mind seeing him start more games from now on.

siw2007

Deserves another start. Worked hard both ways, good movement, good on the ball and played with his head where appropriate. Would have liked to see him take one of those chances though.

Woodenlung

Thought he was decent. He works very hard and pressed excellently at times. Not sure about his quality on the ball, but right now we're so poor that we probably need him in the side.

kundalini

I was impressed. Tried to use his pace, had 3 shots and a header, worked hard.

rooneyberbatov

Looks fresh and it seems like he has a football brain, looking at his positioning and passing, and this is desperately needed in our team. Hoping the injury is nothing serious.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
hard worker lacking in end product. As long as he works hard he’s better than any of the “cool” players we have who don’t work hard enough. Few more players like that and a prime forward up top instead of Cavani and Ronaldo and good things will come. I’d love us to go for Chiesa. He’s like a Tevez style winger.

Thiagoal

Nice to see one of our attackers actually playing for the team rather than himself! He’s shown in the U23’s and for Sweden U21’s how clinical he is so expect him to have good output when he’s fully acclimatised

Born2Lose

Should be starting regularly now and as useless as Rashford has been he can take the even more useless Mata's place on the bench.

captaincantona

hard worker lacking in end product. As long as he works hard he’s better than any of the “cool” players we have who don’t work hard enough. Few more players like that and a prime forward up top instead of Cavani and Ronaldo and good things will come. I’d love us to go for Chiesa. He’s like a Tevez style winger.
How is he lacking in end product? That’s harsh. Didn’t put a foot wrong for me. Very impressed.

flameinthesun

Not an amazing performance but compared to the performances of Rashford and Sancho he should continue to start over them. He does seem to have a good shot on him, on both feet! And actually challenges for headers! Both things I haven't seen Rashford do in ages.. Elanga and Greenwood should continue on the wings with ronaldo up top until Rashford and Sancho get their act together.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
How is he lacking in end product? That’s harsh. Didn’t put a foot wrong for me. Very impressed.
Im very impressed too and was looking forward to seeing him but I don’t see him as a Rashford type who’ll get you 15- 20 goals from out wide/playing up top. He’s too busy getting around the pitch working hard and I’m ok with that. I think that’s more the direction we need to go in future. Only play one of Rash/Mason for a start. Just not enough creativity or work rate there to leave them both standing up top. I thought Greenwood was good enough today. On another day he’d have a goal or two. At least he doesn’t look totally lost

A-man

The most positive take away from this match. Quick, technical, and surprisingly good in the air. Like that he is so direct towards the goal when he gets the ball.

youngrell

A bright spark and his desire was good to see again, hope he can keep that up.

Also somehow managed to be our best out ball with his aerial ability.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just nice to see something abit different. Abit more technically sensible.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Can be proud of himself, seems like a hardworking and likable lad so hopefully he gets even better.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He did more in the first few minutes than rashford did in an entire year.

Ixion

Very good performance, deserves to keep his place in the next game.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I said in another thread we shouldn't start him because it would chuck him in the deep end too soon.

I take that back. He put in a good shift, not spectacular but he certainly showed more than the regulars. Good effort and I would prefer seeing a bit of a starting streak for this lad.

Zoo

Noted Keane said before the game that he came on in the FA Cup was lively plus and won a few headers. Today De Gea hit a couple of diagonal balls and he won the aerial duels, something you never see Rashford or Greenwood do.

MrBest

Proud of the effort he put in and his performance. Would any of our other players have done better, i think not.

Juansar_07

He was mostly good today. Played direct, exhibited good workrate and fairly decent on the ball. One of the better outfield players on the pitch if not the best. Obviously has a lot to improve, decision making being the one.

Nonetheless, glad he is getting much needed game time and hopefully he doesn't squander the chance given as it looks Ralf has faith in his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.