Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
If they have to go through media rather than speaking directly this is a concern don't you think?
Nips the social media fans in the bud though doesn’t it? He’ll probably get dropped next game or the game after if his training efforts diminish and they’ll be a bunch of muppets on Twitter saying “why is Trahford playing instead of Elangod!?!???”. I generally take these kind or articles as a ‘watch your expectation’ warning.

Red Rash

I think he will probably start again today, especially since Sancho and Rashford are out of form.

Just listened to his interview post Brentford and I think he has exactly the kind of humble attitude that Rangnick loves.

In terms of his performances, he has been good but still playing within himself somewhat. This is normal for a young player who steps up to the first team and tries hard to not make mistakes. I think once his confidence improves at being a first team player we will see the real Elanga

Litch

Nice to see the promotion of youth, there are a few others that deserve a chance.

Rockets Redglare

I think he will probably start again today, especially since Sancho and Rashford are out of form.

Just listened to his interview post Brentford and I think he has exactly the kind of humble attitude that Rangnick loves.

In terms of his performances, he has been good but still playing within himself somewhat. This is normal for a young player who steps up to the first team and tries hard to not make mistakes. I think once his confidence improves at being a first team player we will see the real Elanga
Hopefully his goal last time out gives him a boost- its great to see a young player getting a chance to prove himself.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I like the kid. I don't see in him some scary potential but he can be good squad player for us

city-puma

Love him. Don't know how good he'll be in the future, but he works extremely hard and I think he's great for Ralf's vision going forward.
He did very well today especially considering how stubborn the opponent is.

Bobski

What he has reasserted for the team is the necessity of hard work from the front. Our midfield has been slaughtered all season, on the pitch and on here, and the lack of defensive willingness of the front players has been a major reason for that. Elanga has a long way to go in some areas but the desire to run, chase can not be faulted.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
His workrate helped set the tone for the rest of the team. Just lacked threat when on the ball.

Bwuk

Think he could develop into a sort of Mane type player.

His movement and runs are good.

Manny

Grammar Police
Aside from the workrate, he also shows the off the ball movement in the final third that that you would hope to see more of from Greenwood and Rashford. He will actually attack the penalty box whereas Rashford and Greenwood only want the ball to feet so they cut inside and shoot.

I think we will be a more a balanced and functional team when he is able to play back to back 90 minutes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
never stops running, pressing and closing down.

there was one moment in the first half he chased a ball going out for a throw in and back heeled it at the last second. he showed great desire but absolutely blistering pace too.

I like him a lot.

Volksie316

I like Elanga, and I think he has a bright future ahead of him, but I don't think it will be at United.

He is a good player, I just don't think, he will make it at United, based on what I have seen.

JordanAir

A lot better than greenwood, we just need another player like him on the other wing and we are good to go

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Think he could develop into a sort of Mane type player.

His movement and runs are good.
That's exactly who I'm thinking about when I watch Elanga. He's got the same off-the-ball runs and speed. He's got the same surprisingly impressive aerial timing and ability when you consider their size.

PaulRich

Theres a lot to work with here, loved his attitude and willingness to help Dalot out defensively.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent workrate, doing the simple things well. Also making some good runs. He's taking his chance well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was very good in the first half. The pressure he was putting West Ham under played a big part in how easily we kept winning the ball back, plus he was also good when we had the ball. Died off a bit in the second half but he more than deserves to keep his place for now.

Laurencio

I am loving this kid. Great attitude, increases the tempo on the left flank, takes on his man, puts the opponent under pressure, good ball control and passes well. He's a joy to watch.

bringbackbebe

Very refreshing to see one of our wingers track back and defend with grit. His work ethic has been top notch as well. At this rate of improvement, very difficult to see anyone else displace him in the starting 11. Shows how much having desire can sometimes be more useful than just having god like talent.

R'hllor

He is what RR looking for in the player, he is young, hungry, not on 200k wages and he has some quality.

stoinz

He reminded me a bit of Rashford when he first broke through, the enthusiasm is infectious. The workrate is top notch. West Ham is a physical side and he held his own. With Rashford slowly coming into form and Sancho due back, I wonder if he will lose his place which is kinda sad as he doesn't deserve to be drop as of now.

United in sin

He is what RR looking for in the player, he is young, hungry, not on 200k wages and he has some quality.

This is exactly where our rebuild should be focused on, recruiting young and hungry players for the next generation. If the club allowed Rangknick could build us from scratch like he has a multitude of clubs.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A great opportunity for him for the remainder of this season with his only competition now likely being Rashford, Sancho and possibly Pogba.

SirAF

Ageist
A great opportunity for him for the remainder of this season with his only competition now likely being Rashford, Sancho and possibly Pogba.
Absolutely, I have no worries about Elanga starting.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He took a personal fitness training before pre-season started. Hope our young players out there see his dedication to football as example.

He's got 6 months to make one of the forward spots his own with virtually no competition, golden opportunity for him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's got 6 months to make one of the forward spots his own with virtually no competition, golden opportunity for him.
Well...apart from 2 full England internationals, one of whom is United's 13th highest goalscorer of all time and the other of whom cost £72m...

Status
Not open for further replies.