5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

He lit up the league for about 10 games then assisted once and scored 0 in his last 6. He's had 2 periods of sustained form in his career and he's nearly 30. He was nowhere near one of England's stand out performers at that tournament, that's an absolute fantasy.
He was absolutely one of England's best players during WC 2018.

Ekeke

You're seriously underrating Lingard here. He was a starter and a standout performer for England at a World Cup. That doesn't happen unless you're a quality player. He lit up the league when given a sustained run and responsibility at West Ham. And yes, he has been better than Elanga for much of his United player. At the moment Elanga would do well to become as good a player as Lingard.
England is not us.

Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I was really disappointed with him. Played like he was either scared or not arsed... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the former, but yeah, he was really really poor.

Sylar

I look at this team and think who's gonna help guide elanga as a young player
Feel sorry for him in that sense

Marwood

The boldness of youth has already been battered out of him.

All that pace and I think he used it once all game. Easily blasted past Salah and got a cross in.

Just go for it Anthony.

I want to see more nastiness from him. He's way too nice.

El__Jingo

another player who is in the team solely for legs and passion, if youre being honest which not a lot are.. this lad isnt good enough for the club. isnt anywhere near the problem but doesnt really show any attacking threat what so ever. just a nothing player

Dearg hÉireann

Hard working which is what you expect from a professional but technique is sorely lacking. Don't see him in the squad long term if he doesn't improve dramatically

Skills

Snitch
His ceilings quite low tbh. Liverpool comfortably dealt with his pace & he doesn't have much else

Born2Lose

Feel sorry for him as I do for a lot of the younger players. What hope do you have when the club's "star" players are so utterly crap.

Noticed him pressing at a point in the second half and becoming visibly frustrated that no one else in the team could be bothered to join him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm happy for him to be starting over the other c*nts. He at least plays like he has something to prove and he gave us one of our highlights of our season away in Atleti.

jesperjaap

Hard working which is what you expect from a professional but technique is sorely lacking. Don't see him in the squad long term if he doesn't improve dramatically
Yes sadly, I agree. I liek him in that he works hard and does all the simple things well, one of the few players the last month or two making godo runs....then agai nLingard does that too.

Think he is a decent squad option and he has pace to burn, but I dont see a quality player in him, hope I am wrong

KeanoMagicHat

He's still really young and has a great attitude and learning. I wouldn't write him off at all, but he's been completely overplayed by Rangnick, relative to this development. Not good enough to be a starter for a club chasing top 4, more suitable for a lower mid-table team at this point of his career.

flameinthesun

He's a very basic player, has good speed and heading but is very average. If you were to compare him to other academy products he's well below the likes of rashford, mason, lingard, januzaj, pereira etc. He's in the Brandon Williams camp and like williams his freshness and eagerness to battle and press is refreshing, but in reality he's not that talented in comparison to other academy products we have had and others coming through.

Marwood

Pathetic attempt for the 3rd goal
No it wasn't, it was an awful pass.

For Elanga to hold off two or three Liverpool players, who could see the pass coming, would have required him to be a different player.

Both our CB's really dropped the two youngest lads in it tonight.

Red00012

No it wasn't, it was an awful pass.

For Elanga to hold off two or three Liverpool players, who could see the pass coming, would have required him to be a different player.

Both our CB's really dropped the two youngest lads in it tonight.
There was one player involved who was behind him when the ball was played. Elanga waited for the ball , Robertson didn’t

Marwood

There was one player involved who was behind him when the ball was played. Elanga waited for the ball , Robertson didn’t
It's way easier as a defender to get a foot in there than as an attacker take a touch under that much pressure. Especially when you're as lightweight as Elanga.

Zero need to put Elanga in that situation.

Bwuk

I've just clocked he's got 22 appearances this season.

I like Elanga but he shouldn't have anywhere near that.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I've just clocked he's got 22 appearances this season.

I like Elanga but he shouldn't have anywhere near that.
Young players should be having to absolutely bust a gut to make the transfer from reserves to first team, and then again just to stay there. A bit like Foden had to. It feels like Elanga just hasn’t done that; he hasn’t scored for 2 months, and he hasn’t really made up for it in other ways, and yet he’s still a regular starter, I find it so bizarre.

el3mel

Decent lad but I really don't think he's that talented.

Best he'll achieve will be a squad option for Man United.

Please don't expect anything more from him. I really just don't see it.

romufc

I really don't think anyone expects alot from him.

The only reason he starts is he brings energy to the team.

united for life

won’t be bad, at least for the club, to have a decent squad player. A club like united needs those. He is still young and he showed good potential; the important thing is how he develops into a first team player.

RedIan

Had a couple of good games but slipped into being bang average. I don’t see anything special here.

lex talionis

We’ve put a lot on his shoulders during a very difficult season for the club and overall he’s handles the circumstances quite well.

Arsenal 3:1 Man Utd

El Jefe

This kid is just another Mctominay. Talentless player who we will keep around because he's from the youth team and a grafter. Take his pace away and there's zero quality in him.

lost7

Probably should have scored a goal, but I thought overall he was decent. I could see him develop into a worthy winger in the future

Sylar

Should have won us at least one penalty. He was decent and did well.

He was apparently at fault for a free kick given away on the edge of our box when the arsenal player tripped himself up :lol:

A-man

I thought he was pretty good. He needs to improve his runs and movement without the ball. Hopefully ETH can help him with that.

-Supreme-

Elanga is one of our better youth products to come out from recent times, but even then i don’t think he will be good enough for us.I hope we’re more decisive and not keep hold of players unnecessarily as it isn’t good for both the player‘s development and the club when his sale could put towards our transfer budget.

He has potential to do well in the PL and generate a good sum if we sell at the right time.

Last edited:

Reddevildans

Attitude is correct. Work ethic is correct. Movement is decent. But his finishing isn't great. Could have scored a hatrick today. I always worry with young attacking players that start thier career and dont convert good chances regularly. Finishing is usually natural but there doesn't seem to be much imagination when he's got the keeper in front of him. He's a very good option to have in the squad next season though.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Attitude is correct. Work ethic is correct. Movement is decent. But his finishing isn't great. Could have scored a hatrick today. I always worry with young attacking players that start thier career and dont convert good chances regularly. Finishing is usually natural but there doesn't seem to be much imagination when he's got the keeper in front of him. He's a very good option to have in the squad next season though.
I’m actually quite the opposite. I worry when players are unable to get chances.

Finishing natural? Remember Ronaldo from -03 to -06? Suarez in his first season? Salah at Chelsea?

JustAGuest

I believe posters are being unbelievably harsh on Elanga. He is the only youngster being trusted with minutes in this dysfunctional team, let us see how he does when we have a proper structure in place.
Indeed. It's really difficult to look good in this current United side.

Status
Not open for further replies.