5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

As with most players who come through the Academy and make a few appearances for the first team, Elanga will probably end-up being good but not elite.

When you think about it, the chances of producing one of maybe 10/15 elite players in each position from your own Academy are generally pretty low.

I think we should make decisions sooner on the players we do produce. What was Rashford's peak value? What was McTominay's peak value? What was Henderson's peak value etc....

I really do rate Elanga, but Id be equally happy if we decided to cash-in whilst he's on an upward trajectory and insert a buy-back clause.

It's a pretty low-risk approach to trying to raise funds. If he does progress into an elite player, we can utilise the buy-back clause. If he doesn't, weve made money to invest elsewhere

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As with most players who come through the Academy and make a few appearances for the first team, Elanga will probably end-up being good but not elite.

When you think about it, the chances of producing one of maybe 10/15 elite players in each position from your own Academy are generally pretty low.

I think we should make decisions sooner on the players we do produce. What was Rashford's peak value? What was McTominay's peak value? What was Henderson's peak value etc....

I really do rate Elanga, but Id be equally happy if we decided to cash-in whilst he's on an upward trajectory and insert a buy-back clause.

It's a pretty low-risk approach to trying to raise funds. If he does progress into an elite player, we can utilise the buy-back clause. If he doesn't, weve made money to invest elsewhere
If he becomes good then that's enough for me as he's never looked an elite player in the making at any point in time during his time with the first team. Greewnood was the one from the recent batch, the only thing stopping him from being elite was /is him.

Abraxas

The problem is the plan probably was to loan him out. But if we presume that a right winger is a target, we would still need somebody willing and able to play second fiddle to an ETH signing. Which isn't great for his development necessarily but does mean he will likely be kept around.

Losing Greenwood screwed us over as our only quality option. Rashford can't play on the right and our "half options" like Lingard and Mata are even going.

Pretty certain he won't be going anywhere, and Ralf will put in a report that says he's alright otherwise he wouldn't be playing him. So I'd be surprised if we don't see him playing a squad role.

Lentwood

If he becomes good then that's enough for me as he's never looked an elite player in the making at any point in time during his time with the first team. Greewnood was the one from the recent batch, the only thing stopping him from being elite was /is him.
Yeah, I'm fine with us producing "good" players, but then we're left with a choice - do we use them to fill out the squad or do we sell them and use the cash to purchase better players?

If we sold Elanga now, we could realistically expect £25/30m. If we also sell Laird and Tuanzebe, we could feasibly make £60m total.

That £60m could buy one elite player who makes a regular impact in the first XI.

Abraxas

Yeah, I'm fine with us producing "good" players, but then we're left with a choice - do we use them to fill out the squad or do we sell them and use the cash to purchase better players?

If we sold Elanga now, we could realistically expect £25/30m. If we also sell Laird and Tuanzebe, we could feasibly make £60m total.

That £60m could buy one elite player who makes a regular impact in the first XI.
25-30 million? Sounds very optimistic to me.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He created the first goal, if that was rashford instead of him we would have never scored.

buckooo1978

Ralf has it spot on with him....

balls in behind he's very useful

hasnt got a first touch good enough to make it at a top team I think

hope he can work on this part of his game

jem

This kid gets it, and, simply by virtue of application, puts the likes of Rashford and Lingard to shame.

afatzp

looks like he is still too lightweight to steadily control the balls under pressure. Right now he has the desire to push intensity as his edge to crack into the starting 11, but he can't quite maintain it and need to sub off around 65 mins.

We would need to reinforce the RW position and I think this is the 3rd prioritized positions after ST and MC . Although Elanga shows some potential , he can't be ready to be a regular starter next season.

OmarUnited4ever

excellent for the assist, put in a shift defensively and had a good performance overall, of course he needs to improve in a lot of areas but he is still a 20 y/o young lad and time is on his side.

Hopefully he is with squad next season as a squad option and ETH does something to improve him.

big rons sovereign

excellent for the assist, put in a shift defensively and had a good performance overall, of course he needs to improve in a lot of areas but he is still a 20 y/o young lad and time is on his side.

Hopefully he is with squad next season as a squad option and ETH does something to improve him.
He was a real pain in the ass for them tonight.

OmarUnited4ever

I would disagree with you if Woodward and Judge were still here but I think you might be right this time
Woodward gave new contracts like a Halloween candy, hopefully the clubs moves away from this and only deserving players get new contracts, and no more huge bumper salaries

Devil may care

Good assist and he's the type of team player that I think most managers will find a use for within the squad.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I think he’s going to have a bright few years here. Just needs to be a little stronger when on the ball.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I love his attitude, hope he doesn't get corrupted like the other ones :(

He has a nice rapport with ronnie so it seems he's willing to lean and improve.

Ludens the Red

I do like him even though I still think he’s kinda limited technically.
His attitude and positivity on the pitch is really good and puts a few others to shame. He also loves Ronaldo.

Red00012

A spell in the gym in the summer will improve his game for next season.

Born2Lose

The way it should be at United. overpaid and overhyped dross being benched for hungrier young players.

One of the few positives of this season.

eire-red

Lots of heart and energy, but I'm just not seeing anything special to be honest. It's a real shame to say that the only reason Elanga is in the team ahead of Rashford is for honesty and work rate. It's a damning assessment of Rashford's season.

However, nobody could deny that Rashford, and Greenwood as well, always had that X-Factor element in their game, something that Elanga seems to be missing completely. Even what I've seen of Amad to date tells me he has something more in the locker.

I think Elanga is more likely to go the McTominay trajectory, but useful for now nonetheless.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lots of heart and energy, but I'm just not seeing anything special to be honest. It's a real shame to say that the only reason Elanga is in the team ahead of Rashford is for honesty and work rate. It's a damning assessment of Rashford's season.

However, nobody could deny that Rashford, and Greenwood as well, always had that X-Factor element in their game, something that Elanga seems to be missing completely. Even what I've seen of Amad to date tells me he has something more in the locker.

I think Elanga is more likely to go the McTominay trajectory, but useful for now nonetheless.
Elanga's a much bigger talent than McTominay ever was.

BarstoolProphet

He was really, really poor yesterday. Got bullied of the ball everytime and panicked with the ball resulting in us losing possession. He shouldn't really have this entry to the first team. Instead of easing him and getting him ready physically, he's now starting pretty much every game because we don't have any wingers or anyone with pace available/performing. Do struggle to see it with him, but giving him a freepass since he has been promoted too early and expected to carry a dysfunctional team with which contains no pace, stamina and athleticism.

Mainoldo

Needs a summer weights program. Question is do we have the right staff for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.