5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Its only been a few games in the first team, so lets allow for a dip and to see how he does over the course of the season. But I think the positives with Elanga are that, yeah he's fast and can dribble like Martial or James at least with the first part, but he's also better at the areas where they aren't so good. At least, so far.

He's scoring and setting up goals at a rate that would be hard to keep up, but its impressive and an area that James and Martial arent very consistent. And hes working hard with a good attitude which is probably Martial's weakness.

Thats why I'm excited about him. Because he can compete with the others in the areas they are good at, but he also has less weaknesses.

Red Royal

Its only been a few games in the first team, so lets allow for a dip and to see how he does over the course of the season. But I think the positives with Elanga are that, yeah he's fast and can dribble like Martial or James at least with the first part, but he's also better at the areas where they aren't so good. At least, so far.

He's scoring and setting up goals at a rate that would be hard to keep up, but its impressive and an area that James and Martial arent very consistent. And hes working hard with a good attitude which is probably Martial's weakness.

Thats why I'm excited about him. Because he can compete with the others in the areas they are good at, but he also has less weaknesses.
Agree with this, he looks a great prospect and ready to slot in this coming season as a first team squad player. He looks to have just settled in nicely.

The impact of Rashford and Greenwood (amongst others) getting their chances must really have boosted the confidence of our u23s and shown if you are good enough you will get a chance, unlike some other big clubs in the Premier league.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
The new JLingz. And I'm not talking about the West Ham version.

Sea-Cow

Not mad at all if he stays, my favourite players from our youth. Especially now that Rashford's out for the opening months there's no harm of keeping him till Jan.
I feel kinda lame for admitting this, as an adult male, but Mejbri is my current favorite. And I am confident it would still be the case even if he had a boring haircut.

Tony247

The goal he scored in last match was unreal. It wasn't some fluke shot. It was a well controlled first touch shot. Excellent technique.

The Real No7

The new JLingz. And I'm not talking about the West Ham version.
So what makes you feel he is anything like him? Just another negative post about a promising youngster who has barely kicked a ball. Lingard has had numerous opportunities and in the main has failed.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Need him out on loan, especially with Diallo now staying.

No chance he's getting any game time with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Lingard, Greenwood and Diallo.

Marwood

Full season in Championship would be perfect. Do Birmingham need a wide player? Get him alongside Chong.

Bondi77

Looking like James is off to Leeds and Amad is out for six weeks so I would imagine it is 50/50 he will go out on loan and I would imagine it will take Marcus a while to get up to speed. He could stay and play in all the domestic Cup games I suppose.

lenny_1248

With Lingard staying, he should have gone on loan imo.
He needs to play men's football week in, week out.

RedCurry

He’s so good already and he’s still growing. I think he has all the potential to become one of the top PL forwards.

Bondi77

He looks really good and I hope he stays with the first team this year and plays in all the Cup games and then he will get to train with the first team for the whole year.
Even though I like Dan James, to have this young talent in the squad and he can play anywhere across the front line it made good sense to pull in 25mil for Dan and that should allow more game time for Anthony and if Martial does not cut the mustard then I would promote Elanga in his place

Last edited:

lex talionis

A goal machine in the making. Hopefully he can be patient and grab his chances when they come.

macheda14

We have an embarrassment of riches in terms of young talent. Sancho, Greenwood, Elanga and Amad. Couple that with Rashford who’s still relatively young and our wings are absolutely stacked this season.

mav_9me

That was a sensational goal, the 2nd one. And this is not an isolated moment of genius. I thought he did really really well in preseason.

He is doing better than he had done in the reserves, IMO.

He has to get some minutes with the first team. At least James is gone, hopefully Lingard and Mata won't be ahead of him. That would be a real shame.

TsuWave

second goal was legit impressive. and he knew he slotted it the moment it left his foot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see him scoring at all levels, second goal was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.