Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lappen

It really is. Not many can pull it off as well as he did
After the game he talked to the swedish media and said how happy he was with that goal because he has been practising finishing and use the defender to block the keeper a lot lately.
Great goal...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The second reminds me of a combination of Rashford in full flow and the calm assurance Martial demonstrated (once upon a time :lol: )

Putting him in makes more sense now that James has gone

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Truly awful post
Not at all. Two goals for Sweden under-21s against Montenegro might not mean the world. However, it certainly doesn't mean he can't one day reach Jesse's bottom level at United.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not at all. Two goals for Sweden under-21s against Montenegro might not mean the world. However, it certainly doesn't mean he can't one day reach Jesse's bottom level at United.
You seem to enjoy banging on about a comparison with Jesse which it seems is a vilification and ridiculing of Elanga.

You’re after clicks, we get it but maybe take this egotistical agenda of yours someplace else.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Damn, he’s exciting.
I hope we don’t waste this year for him.
Shame he didn’t go to the Championship for a season, but even if he spends 6 months watching Ronaldo in training - I’m sure he’ll gain something!

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Happy he's not injured anymore. Would be lovely if we could see him in the cup games this season, hopefully we can shift Lingard too in January and he will skip Mata in the pecking order. Elanga's fast, works hard off the ball, can finish, exactly what Ole likes imo, would be a good Lingard's replacement in the future..

tob

Happy he's not injured anymore. Would be lovely if we could see him in the cup games this season, hopefully we can shift Lingard too in January and he will skip Mata in the pecking order. Elanga's fast, works hard off the ball, can finish, exactly what Ole likes imo, would be a good Lingard's replacement in the future..
A bit early to say, but I think Elanga might be Martial's replacement next season.

Kag

Some youth players tend to get adult football more easily than ‘more talented’ others (see McTominay versus Pereira, for example) and Elanga strikes me as one of them.

He probably isn’t very fancied among the supporters in the same way lots of people are quite rightly excited about Amad and Mejbri, but he seems to have that all-important knack of finding the net whoever he plays for. Definitely not one to hold back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
One thing I like about him is he already looks rapid. In the, I can actually stretch the lines, way.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Some youth players tend to get adult football more easily than ‘more talented’ others (see McTominay versus Pereira, for example) and Elanga strikes me as one of them.

He probably isn’t very fancied among the supporters in the same way lots of people are quite rightly excited about Amad and Mejbri, but he seems to have that all-important knack of finding the net whoever he plays for. Definitely not one to hold back.
Rashford another example

Drainy

Rashford another example
A lot of people were very excited for both..

Rashford came into the u18s with a Shoretire-esque reputation at the under ages below but people became a bit low on him in his first season in u18s because he was very small and playing on the wing. He had a growth spurt and played up front for a bit and scored more and his star started to grow again and next thing he knew he was in the first team.

Elanga was great immediately for the u18s and people were very excited for him. He struggled to adapt to u23s and seemed nervous playing at that level until last season when he exploded and people were again very excited for him and he got a shoulder injury so was out of the team but people who watched the u23s missed him every game.

Amad and Mejbri are big money signings so more media attention on them so more awareness from fans who aren't in the niche of youth football followers, most followers of youth football rated Rashford and Elanga very highly too. Same with Shoretire, Forson & Hansen-Aarøen, as well as some others.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Selling James is a step in the right direction for players like Elanga and Amad.

Feel like both of them have potential to really contribute to our season now, give them a chance on the bench for our cups games and some of the easier PL home games. Personally I thought Elanga looked exceptional in pre season, his gym work in the Summer really paid off big time. Exciting times at United with some really top draw youth talent coming through.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We have an embarrassment of riches in terms of young talent. Sancho, Greenwood, Elanga and Amad. Couple that with Rashford who’s still relatively young and our wings are absolutely stacked this season.
Don-t underestimate Pellistri as well. He might be the best when it comes to taking on full backs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I dunno who thinks Elanga isn't fancied by our supporters but that's not even remotely true, pretty much any youth watcher will tell you he's brilliant. He's also one of the most talented players in the academy and has been at every level he's played at. Mejbri and Amad get brought up a lot cause they were both bought for millions, Mejbri in particular was unusual in the way we paid £8m for a 16 year old.

Kag

I dunno who thinks Elanga isn't fancied by our supporters but that's not even remotely true, pretty much any youth watcher will tell you he's brilliant. He's also one of the most talented players in the academy and has been at every level he's played at. Mejbri and Amad get brought up a lot cause they were both bought for millions, Mejbri in particular was unusual in the way we paid £8m for a 16 year old.
I explained what I meant. Your average United supporter seems way more excited by Amad and Mejbri than they do Elanga, even though the latter has arguably demonstrated more promise in the first team.

Regular academy watchers may see it differently.

Drainy

I explained what I meant. Your average United supporter seems way more excited by Amad and Mejbri than they do Elanga, even though the latter has arguably demonstrated more promise in the first team.

Regular academy watchers may see it differently.
Because they were big money signings that they saw in MEN and other newspapers?

Elanga joined the academy years ago without much fuss and I doubt many of the fans who only follow the first team will have heard of him until last season.

Kag

Because they were big money signings that they saw in MEN and other newspapers?

Elanga joined the academy years ago without much fuss and I doubt many of the fans who only follow the first team will have heard of him until last season.
Yes. In the same way that Pereira was brought in as a highly-regarded European youth player with pre-packaged YouTube videos at the ready. This was before he was even 16. He often looked brilliant in academy matches, too.

Then he moves up to the adult game and doesn’t seem to get it. McTominay, on the other hand, very much does.

Taking what I’m saying as implicit criticism is a little odd. It isn’t. It’s just a view that he wasn’t being bandied about as a Morrison, Pogba or a Greenwood prior to his debut for us, even though he’s clearly finding the step up to adult football quite alright. Nor was Rashford, who also got adult football from the off.

This is a positive piece.

Drainy

Yes. In the same way that Pereira was brought in as a highly-regarded European youth player with pre-packaged YouTube videos at the ready. This was before he was even 16. He often looked brilliant in academy matches, too.

Then he moves up to the adult game and doesn’t seem to get it. McTominay, on the other hand, very much does.

Taking what I’m saying as implicit criticism is a little odd. He wasn’t being bandied about as a Morrison, Pogba or a Greenwood prior to his debut for us. Nor was Rashford, who also got adult football from the off.
People who watch him regularly knew his qualities and sang is praises. Ignorant people are ignorant. Its not a surprise is it?

You're honestly talking crap. All of the players who got adult football according to you had difficult second seasons.. after the opposition adjusted to them they had to adapt.

In terms of hype, Greenwood was a top scorer and phenomenon at the underages. He was inevitable and got press coverage due to his performances.

The rest you listed led a team to the FA youth cup - there were a load of average players like Tunnicliffe who the average fan was aware of due to the FA Youth cup win because the media covered it.

Elanga is one of many international signings in a strong group of young players and had been injured in the months before his debut.

The people who watch him can see his potential and development but he's not really made it into the media apart from the occasional article until recently, but he didn't cost upto £10m or up to £30m so the average person isn't going to be as excited. Its how it is.

Scottynaldinho

We hype them up way too early. Nothing about Elanga seems to suggest that he'll be "Martial replacement next season", or that "he'll surely make it here". I've seen a lot better from the academy.

No disrespect to Elanga, long may the progress continue for the kid.

Kag

People who watch him regularly knew his qualities and sang is praises. Ignorant people are ignorant. Its not a surprise is it?

You're honestly talking crap. All of the players who got adult football according to you had difficult second seasons.. after the opposition adjusted to them they had to adapt.

In terms of hype, Greenwood was a top scorer and phenomenon at the underages. He was inevitable and got press coverage due to his performances.

The rest you listed led a team to the FA youth cup - there were a load of average players like Tunnicliffe who the average fan was aware of due to the FA Youth cup win because the media covered it.

Elanga is one of many international signings in a strong group of young players and had been injured in the months before his debut.

The people who watch him can see his potential and development but he's not really made it into the media apart from the occasional article until recently, but he didn't cost upto £10m or up to £30m so the average person isn't going to be as excited. Its how it is.
:lol: I’ll leave you to it, lad.

I’ve never seen a poster on here manage to manufacture an argument out of nothing with so much imagination and rigour. All in relation to an innocent post that highlighted how successfully a young player seems to be adapting to adult football.

Coastal walks are good for you; give them a go.

Drainy

:lol: I’ll leave you to it, lad.

I’ve never seen a poster on here manage to manufacture an argument out of nothing with so much imagination and rigour. All in relation to an innocent post that highlighted how successfully a young player seems to be adapting to adult football.

Coastal walks are good for you; give them a go.
ok

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm just hoping we see one, both would be a bonus. If anyone starts from the youngsters it'll be Elanga IMO.
Yeah would be amazing if both start. It's the only competition they're likely to get senior minutes in this year.

SAF is the GOAT

We have too many squad players that need the minutes before him and I don't think he would start, maybe participate after

Man Utd 0:1 West Ham

RedDevilRoshi

Really like the look of this kid. Just needs some more 1st team exposure and I think he’s going to turn out a real good player. Very positive on the ball and tried to create some openings for himself as well as link up with Sancho down the left. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Should have started instead of Mata. Probably won't get another chance till the FA cup.

Abraxas

Looked like he could have been a threat if he was higher up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.