Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Took his goal well. That first touch was incredible. We need more off the ball movement like that. Our players like to show for the ball too much rather than look for runs behind. More of that please...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
In the youth games he used to remind me of Martial coming in from the left. It seems hes put on a lot of muscle and kept his pace. If he can transfer his dribbling from the youth to the seniors he’ll be a very potent player indeed. He’s a breath of fresh air in an attack that had gone stale and looked out of ideas. I’m not sure how good he’s going to be long term but he seems to have a great attitude and that can only stand to him. I don’t know about these wonderkid saviours. They often come in with a bang and plateau into decent players and that’s it. Hopefully he can keep it going and who knows?

A free Martial who works way harder? What’s not to like.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
really pleased for him.

tricky first half, but didn’t let it discourage him.

great movement for his goal and took it really calmly.

that burst of speed into the box between 2 defenders was really exciting to see. haven’t seen that since a young martial!

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
its a bit crazy we kept giving Dan James so many chances with a guy like this waiting to step up

even more so giving Mata any minutes

I know he's not the finished article but he belongs at this level
Yeah makes you wonder why we stick with Ole for so long, he literally shat his pants and barely introduced any youngster because every game was a survival game basically. Now with Rangnick who seem to be less prone to favouritisim, except for Ronaldo slightly, Think he will introduce more youngsters who are hungry enough. Who cares about Martial, he will paly in Turkey in few seasons, Dan James will be benched for Leeds, who might drop to championship and you wonder why we palyed all these player and gave them so many chances while not realizing they are not good enough?

What's Matic and Mata doing here is beyond me as well..

SAF is the GOAT

Rangnick on Anthony Elanga: “I must say from the very first day from my first training session, he showed up.
I had heard his name before and I was in my hotel room watching videos of him on YouTube. I thought 'this boy was really good'.” [ShamoonHafez]
2016 Rashy vibes incoming

Devil may care

The goal was really unusual, the keeper was deceived by the first touch and the quick reaction with the header. Another solid 90 minutes from him and deserves to keep his place at the weekend.

DaveinToronto

Energetic and well suited with RR's pressing style. It is great to see another young gun in making after greenwood.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Clever run for his goal. Saw that Ronaldo had dragged the CB away and created space for him to run into, took the opportunity. Good to see his pre season being rewarded finally.

city-puma

really pleased for him.

tricky first half, but didn’t let it discourage him.

great movement for his goal and took it really calmly.

that burst of speed into the box between 2 defenders was really exciting to see. haven’t seen that since a young martial!
I really want to see Hannibal thrown into the mix. Just imagine Hannibal, Elanga, Greenwood. They will have great chemistry!

SoCross

Lovely to see him justifying the faith placed! Consistency is key but he has all the tools to succeed.

RedCurry

What stands out for me with Elanga is his heading ability. I am not talking about today’s goal but in general, he’s not afraid to put his head in there and use his jump. Even today he won headers in midfield against a physical side. He also almost scored/assisted with his head.

I don’t know if he’ll eventually develop as a forward or a wing-back but for a Man Utd forward, ability to head the ball is a must-have criteria.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Clever run for his goal. Saw that Ronaldo had dragged the CB away and created space for him to run into, took the opportunity. Good to see his pre season being rewarded finally.
Dya know… Based on the tiny bit I saw during pre season I’d love to see Pellistri given a few games on the right. He’s really direct and hardworking and I think he’s probably more creative than he’s shown on loan. if he gets the managers confidence here next season he could be anything. It’s all about taking your chances here

Siezard

Elanga is so good. There's no need for Martial anymore. The new Mr Anthony is here!

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do people think he's more of a striker than a winger? From his first team appearances he doesn't seem that good on the ball or at beating defenders but his runs in behind and directness/killer instinct looks really good. He did show dribbling ability in the youth levels from what I understand so maybe he'll show that. If not he should try to model himself around someone like Vardy who uses pace, intelligence and end product to cause endless trouble for defences

RedCurry

Give it two seasons and you’ll be talking about how overrated he is too, don’t worry.
And that’s fine. Not all youth players will become club legends but they provide important competition to more established players. There’s no substitute for that injection of youth and willingness to do whatever the manager wants.

If we can get a Rashford, Greenwood, or Elanga every couple of years and they contribute meaningfully then it is worth giving them opportunities.

united for life

Needs to start every game
can’t see any reason to drop him as long as he is performing well. He seems to be one of the most emotionally involved players. You could see what scoring meant to him. I like this kind of players vs the indifferent body language of the likes of martial for instance

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's a striker instinct finishing. An improvisation that either you have it or not. I don't think Rashford ever has it, for example.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It's definitely the intensity rather than outright quality that is making him stand out at the moment, but for a kid so young and new to the first team he's doing brilliantly.

He's setting an example to players much more experienced than him and I definitely think that is why he's starting, hard work comes first and then you'll get the rewards.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He works hard and makes lot of runs. He is still playing reserved role, he is better on the ball than what he has showed, he showed glimpses of that. He is getting into goal scoring positions which is good attribute to have. Hopefully he will get run of games.

AneRu

Took his goal well. That first touch was incredible. We need more off the ball movement like that. Our players like to show for the ball too much rather than look for runs behind. More of that please...
I liked that run too, we haven't had a striker do that since Ibra. He is deserving of his place in the 11 until the more established players start doing well consistently, with him you are assured of hardwork every minute he is on the pitch. He will be key for Rangnick and the new manager.

Ixion

I found it absolutely fecking incredible there were people having a go at him before the goal. A 19 year old making only his 2nd meaningful appearance in a tough away game where the rest of the team were struggling to create anything. I don't understand how some people live in the real world with their lack of common sense

Adam-Utd

I found it absolutely fecking incredible there were people having a go at him before the goal. A 19 year old making only his 2nd meaningful appearance in a tough away game where the rest of the team were struggling to create anything. I don't understand how some people live in the real world with their lack of common sense
He had a poor first half, no being lying and pretending it was great.

He turned it around though and made a great goal, that's what's important.
I really want to see Hannibal thrown into the mix. Just imagine Hannibal, Elanga, Greenwood. They will have great chemistry!
Mejbri definitely needs to be given a chance. As we've seen the youthful energy and desire to break into the team could have a great shake up effect.

Ixion

He had a poor first half, no being lying and pretending it was great.

He turned it around though and made a great goal, that's what's important.
No what's important is realising he's a 19 year old kid that's barely played in the first team and expectations should be set accordingly before we destroy him with pressure and criticism.

Adam-Utd

No what's important is realising he's a 19 year old kid that's barely played in the first team and expectations should be set accordingly before we destroy him with pressure and criticism.
he isn't going to read it dont worry.

He is already under plenty of weight and expectation. This is exactly the sort of thing we need to stop being so relaxed on, performances can't allowed be to slack.

I know he's young but that isn't really an excuse. We've got other kids around the world playing at 16/17/18 and doing just as good.

For him to keep his place in this team he won't be getting 4/5 games of doing nothing. Well done to him for coming out in the 2nd half and being a lot more positive, but most importantly working very hard.

Rangnick clearly likes him so, if he keeps it up there's no reason to lose his place.

JoaquinJoaquin

Very happy for him, and he is exactly the type of player we need in the starting 11 at the moment. Even if he has a lot of learning to do, he will run his arse off for the team and looks very hungry. A complete contrast to a few of the other guys in his position.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And that’s fine. Not all youth players will become club legends but they provide important competition to more established players. There’s no substitute for that injection of youth and willingness to do whatever the manager wants.

If we can get a Rashford, Greenwood, or Elanga every couple of years and they contribute meaningfully then it is worth giving them opportunities.
100% Agreed. That first year or so where a youth player plays with total freedom and fearlessness is an unparalleled boost to a side.

Status
Not open for further replies.