4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Attack Plan R

Watching him play is kinda weird. It’s like he doesn’t know what he’s supposed to do when he gets the ball. He runs fast then runs the ball out. Garnacho and Pellistri at least seem to be single minded about carving open a chance to shoot. Elanga is like the dog that ran after the tennis ball, got it, then stands there, ears cocked, wondering wtf is going on.

RedDevilQuebecois

Amazed EtH didn’t play Pellestri from the left instead of Elanga.

If he moves on in the summer as we expect, I can’t see the point of him getting minutes from the bench. You could argue “shop window”, but we need to be selfish when the rubber meets the road, we should not be investing minutes into a player that has no future & cannot offer any value to the team immediately.
Not to derail the topic, but it was also my first tought. Since Ten Hag likes inverted wingers, I thought Pellistri would be tasked to play down the left flank as a rightie.

Lee565

Waste of space in the side but it's eth that gives him time...

Abraxas

It's pretty strange that managers like ETH and Ralf give him games when I don't know any viewer that thinks he's up to much. I get that he worked hard under Ralf and was one of the few trying so maybe he was picked for commitment, but that isn't the case any longer. Pellistri struggles for game time and he looks much more effective than Elanga.

NoPace

Might not be a player in the world who needs a move to the Bundesliga more than him. Space to counter attack, a regular spot on the left, he'd look fast there and I think could do well. Would be a mistake to go to a Prem team I think.

Belisarius

It's pretty strange that managers like ETH and Ralf give him games when I don't know any viewer that thinks he's up to much. I get that he worked hard under Ralf and was one of the few trying so maybe he was picked for commitment, but that isn't the case any longer. Pellistri struggles for game time and he looks much more effective than Elanga.
I think both managers trust / trusted Elanga's defensive work more than Pellistri. Although on the first goal yesterday he let Navas go. Probably not his fault though, as he would have expected Malacia to pick him up.

Abraxas

I think both managers trust / trusted Elanga's defensive work more than Pellistri. Although on the first goal yesterday he let Navas go. Probably not his fault though, as he would have expected Malacia to pick him up.
Maybe, but I'm not sure Elanga's defensive work is so good that it should be making a big impact in selection. It's okay, it's not great as we saw yesterday. If you want a winger that can defend, may as well put Dalot on the wing, he can actually defend and he'd probably be no worse at attacking than Elanga so at least one aspect of his game would be working.

It would be a bit negative as well. Picking a less talented player just to "put a shift in" when you could be picking a more exciting prospect and working on the other side of his game. I do find it weird Elanga has many more league minutes than Pellistri. Pellistri could be crap but I'd like to find out if that's the case.

Maybe these managers just rate him a bit higher than most of the fans seem to at this point.

RedDevilQuebecois

Might not be a player in the world who needs a move to the Bundesliga more than him. Space to counter attack, a regular spot on the left, he'd look fast there and I think could do well. Would be a mistake to go to a Prem team I think.
In that vanilla football league? No thanks.

He should try to prove his worth in a professional league that will demand physically genuinely more than the Bundesliga.

Belisarius

Maybe, but I'm not sure Elanga's defensive work is so good that it should be making a big impact in selection. It's okay, it's not great as we saw yesterday. If you want a winger that can defend, may as well put Dalot on the wing, he can actually defend and he'd probably be no worse at attacking than Elanga so at least one aspect of his game would be working.

It would be a bit negative as well. Picking a less talented player just to "put a shift in" when you could be picking a more exciting prospect and working on the other side of his game. I do find it weird Elanga has many more league minutes than Pellistri. Pellistri could be crap but I'd like to find out if that's the case.

Maybe these managers just rate him a bit higher than most of the fans seem to at this point.
I like Pellistri. I think he's really exciting and would definitely like to see him more often. So, I'm definitely not arguing against the consensus that people would rather see Pellistri over Elanga. Just offering a possible explanation for why the manager might be playing him.

As you say, maybe it is as simple as the managers rate him higher than the fans.

OptimisedRed

It's the little things. He took a throw-in, in our half that we lost possession from and it's because he didn't have a clue and probably rarely takes them in training. Positional sense when defending was so poor as well. He literally ran about a little like a headless chicken and that's it.

I question what kind of instructions he got before coming on, because it looked like he didn't get any. You could see what he was going to do before he did it, and if we can see it, I'm certain the Sevilla players could.

Heard lots of good things about Elanga when he was coming through but sadly he isn't good enough for us.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His first two months or so when breaking into the team were decent. Obviously wasn't going to be a big star, but he was showing enough that I thought he'd be a good squad player for a few years before he moved on to starting spot lower down the league. Looked like he was a slightly slower but stronger and slightly more talented version of Dan James. However since then he's gone backwards so much it's frustrating. The decent technique and dribbling ability that he was showing early on just seem to have disappeared entirely.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Useful player, could see him being a hit at Everton, say.

BehemothTerror

Had some good performances last year in a pretty shocking year for the club. Sadly hasnt kicked on and hasn't really contributed anything significant. Has potential to improve but if we can get north of 16 million we should take it.

zaafi

Clearly talented but hasn't adapted to men's football quite yet. I think £10m is a bit low for him as I feel he could be a decent player for another mid-PL team but I'd still take it.

Rockets Redglare

Had some good performances last year in a pretty shocking year for the club. Sadly hasnt kicked on and hasn't really contributed anything significant. Has potential to improve but if we can get north of 16 million we should take it.
He was one of the only bright lights in a terrible end to the season, but he isn’t to the standard required at United.

crossy1686

career ending
Clearly talented but hasn't adapted to men's football quite yet. I think £10m is a bit low for him as I feel he could be a decent player for another mid-PL team but I'd still take it.
It's about right, he'll never be anything more than a squad option for a bottom 5 team. He's a top half Championship player in reality.

L1nk

Social Media is absolutely livid and slating the club for this Elanga 10 million stuff. He’s a nothing player i’m sorry, would take anything for him, but not sure where all the fury is coming from considering we haven’t even sold him yet, people getting angry at the club for something they haven’t even done

Status
Not open for further replies.