Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We'd be mad to ship out the likes of Pellestri ahead of him. Other than his physicality he's miles behind Amad, Garnacho and Pellestri. Simply not good enough for us.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is Everton right? Surely you know by now that any loan deal will include a £20m automatic buy clause should he play more then 5 games! ;)
I don't think we have ever done that. Options, yes, but not obligations.

userman

Surely could use a good loan Elanga. Hopefully he goes somewhere where he is "guaranteed" gametime. Sceptical about loaning him to Everton though because of the number of competitors for him to get gametime there, Lampards future hanging by a thread, as well as a relegation battle in the PL perhaps not being the optimal surroundings to rebuild confidence.. Could see the Bundesliga being a better place for him at the moment, a league where attacking talents seems to blossom.

Glorio

The most disappointing thing last night was he didn't seem to have any guile about him on the ball, he just ran in straight lines, and so got easily dispossessed every time. No feints, no cut backs, no changes of direction - it's like he just hoped defenders would miss their tackles.

My video was quite poor and so at one point I saw someone feint in the box, which prompted me to think "that's an improvement" till I noticed it was Mainoo.
AWB was more elusive and effective on the ball than he was, which is damning.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I always know he's going to be rubbish when he comes on or starts and he always is.

I don't understand why he continually gets chances, is it to save the legs of others only?
After Pellistri got an assist after about 10 seconds of football I feel Elanga's future minutes went down considerably.

Mr.Plow

We need to stop this thing when we try too hard with an academy player. I've always maintained there need to be standards. Rashford, Januzaj, Greenwood, Garnacho post SAF showed a decent level in first team games. The rest (Mctominay, Elanga, Brandon Williams, Perriera, Lingard) never truly looked it. We need to stop this well he could be a decent squad player for us mindset. That's how we promote mediocrity.
Let's not forget Welbeck and Cleverly. Our academy has been stinking up the squad for nearly two decades.

Sure, I understand that you can't have 25 world-class players but these guys should never have been regulars.

Trex

He’s 20 you know?
And Garnacho is 18, Rashford showed more at 18, Greenwood showed more at 17, Martial at 19, the raw potential would always be obvious. Its fine not being a United level footballer less than 1% of footballers actually are.

mu4c_20le

And Garnacho is 18, Rashford showed more at 18, Greenwood showed more at 17, Martial at 19, the raw potential would always be obvious. Its fine not being a United level footballer less than 1% of footballers actually are.
So only Garnacho, Rashford, and Greenwood are United level footballers? Nothing else in between?

Dan_F

Let's not forget Welbeck and Cleverly. Our academy has been stinking up the squad for nearly two decades.

Sure, I understand that you can't have 25 world-class players but these guys should never have been regulars.
Don’t be daft. Welbeck was a full squad member for three years. Cleverley for two (three at a push). We finished second on goal difference and won the league in two of those seasons. The other was Moyes. They were perfectly fine squad members in winning teams, when it became clear they wouldn’t become first 11 regulars they had the choice of staying and playing 20 games a year or moving.

McTominay is at that point now, we’ve had Lingard, Andreas, Henderson, Greenwood previously fill the squad in the last few years, and most of those had loans first. They’re absolutely useful players as long as we can improve on moving them out at the right time (Lingard).

Elanga deserves a chance to go out on loan before we ship him out permanently.

Trex

So only Garnacho, Rashford, and Greenwood are United level footballers? Nothing else in between?
Elanga is too further down, Lingard is as low as it should go. Take a que from other big clubs, imagine Elanga at Barca, Madrid, City would he get a sniff?

The Dane

Lingard had potential he just blew it. I don’t see anything in Elanga that suggests he will ever reach the standard we should require even from a squad player

Fabio Rochemback

Maybe comparing him to that guys is a little bit unfair but Elanga doesn't stand out at all even when compared to players in his age group in general. He'd need to get a hell of a lot better to be worthy of a place at United and that doesn't seem at all likely.

hobbers

Yes.

Whenever a Tosic or a Manucho showed up they didn't exactly last long did they. Lingard outstayed his welcome by a good few years and Elanga isn't even in that bracket. He's not even on a par with Dan James.

mu4c_20le

Yes.

Whenever a Tosic or a Manucho showed up they didn't exactly last long did they. Lingard outstayed his welcome by a good few years and Elanga isn't even in that bracket. He's not even on a par with Dan James.
He could be a Ji Sung Park.

Fabio Rochemback

How likely is that? Park had the insane work rate as well as being tidy on the ball and getting more than his fair share of important goals. I don't like the idea of holding onto a pretty mediocre young player on the off-chance they might be a late bloomer. Those are very rare.

Chairman Steve

I think he would benefit a lot by having a loan. We only really started seeing him in the first team regularly this time last year with Ralf so it’s harsh to completely rubbish him. It’s not like he’s been around the first team for years.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Park was a very capable footballer who had exceptional games against the best teams around with this game probably his careeer peak:

It's a really massive leap from anything we've seen from Elanga to this point in time.

----

I don't think he has the ability to make it here, but I do hope for his sake, he's not on social media reading the fans' comments and posts, for his own sake.

VanTastic_

So by your logic we should keep all our academy players because of the off chance they're all late bloomers ? Sometimes the juice is just not worth the squeeze and it's blatantly obvious that Elanga does not have a future here past this summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Elanga just looks slow in the head unfortunately.

A few times he got caught dawdling on the ball looking for options and trying to think what to do next. That shows me he needs more experience.

He has to go on loan IMO. He has the physical attributes but playing as an attacker in the PL, you have to be a fast thinker.

mu4c_20le

Park was a very capable footballer who had exceptional games against the best teams around with this game probably his careeer peak:

It's a really massive leap from anything we've seen from Elanga to this point in time.

----

I don't think he has the ability to make it here, but I do hope for his sake, he's not on social media reading the fans' comments and posts, for his own sake.
Yep, he joined us at 24 having already had CL experience with PSV. And he was scapegoated for years before he hit his peak with us.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I cant remember what he was good at in the beginning.

mu4c_20le

It's still a massive leap, no matter what you think he was cast as during his time here.
Even if he does'nt become exactly like that, I'd be happy if he can be a squad player. Ralf may have been useless at a lot of things, but he had an eye for talent. If ETH likes him, then he can be coached.

Roboc7

He’s the sort of player Liverpool cash in on as soon as they can. We have to be more decisive with players like him and others who are out on loan.
Need a clear plan for them or they need to be sold off before they are earning too much and stuck in limbo like Williams.

Glorio

----

I remember watching that game Live!

Weird thing to say but sometimes I feel Park didn't reach his attacking potential at United. That guy was doing mad things on the ball at PSV, and when he came I expected he'd be another flair player for us, ripping fullbacks to shreds, but he kinda morphed into this very good player, but in a sort functional, hardworking way.

Cloud7

I cant remember what he was good at in the beginning.
He was good at running about and looking enthusiastic during a period where the rest of the team looked very flat, so he sorta looked like he had something about him then. Had he made a similar sort of debut with how the team is looking now, for example, he would probably have not played after his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.