4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Nice pass for his assist. He's been desperately short of goals + assists this season, just the assist for Sancho's goal against Liverpool.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ogden's a bit of a bullshitter but wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true, he's 3rd choice in every attacking role once Sancho returns.

dutchred

If Everton are still interested (even for a loan) I would swap him for Onana, who could be an ideal partner for Casemiro in the midfield

Bondi77

I would be interested to see him going to Dortmund and what impact he would have there. He has got speed to burn and he will get more space to improve his technique and maybe get a few goals as well to get his confidence up.

NoPace

I think Dortmund is too risky. They have 3 quality wide players in Adeyemi, Reyna, Malen. If he goes to say Leicester, who only have a struggling Harvey Barnes, or a mid-table Bundesliga side that needs an LW (no idea) or PSV (lost Gapko and Madueke so have wide minutes available) I'd be more confident of him increasing his value.

Bwuk

If Everton are still interested (even for a loan) I would swap him for Onana, who could be an ideal partner for Casemiro in the midfield
We'd have to give them 50m on top of Elanga for Onana.

Bwuk

Everton paid 30mil for him about six months ago and you think his value has more than doubled since then :eek:
Everton would want to double their money. He's by far the best player in that side. They got 45m for Anthony Gordon ffs.

Bondi77

Everton would want to double their money. He's by far the best player in that side. They got 45m for Anthony Gordon ffs.
He looked like a poor mans Fellaini when I have seen him.

Andrew Richmond

Maybe a goal or two could do wonders for Elanga. Extreme pace which he possesses is a highly sought after commodity. Given our shortage of strikers I probably wouldn’t be loaning him out. Sure he hasn’t delivered, but in the short term probably worth persevering with and make a decision on his future at the end of this season.

Frank Grimes

I actually think Ten Hag missed a trick not bringing Elanga on v Arsenal with 20 minutes left. Would have given Arsenal something else to think about with his pace.

I hope he stays until end of season but good luck to him of he gets a loan before window slams shut (it always slams shut).

Rossa

I actually think Ten Hag missed a trick not bringing Elanga on v Arsenal with 20 minutes left. Would have given Arsenal something else to think about with his pace.

I hope he stays until end of season but good luck to him of he gets a loan before window slams shut (it always slams shut).
When die Elanga really cause problems for the opposition with his pace? He’s rapid, probably faster than Rashford, but he’s far too indecisive and thus takes forever to decide on what to do, which is too late.

Frank Grimes

When die Elanga really cause problems for the opposition with his pace? He’s rapid, probably faster than Rashford, but he’s far too indecisive and thus takes forever to decide on what to do, which is too late.
Late last season at the Emirates. Was denies a penalty wrongly imo. Got in behind them a good few times.

Last edited:
Man Utd 3:1 Reading

Rolaholic

Probably waiting on Martial's fitness to be cleared up.

Having him and Sancho back in the squad would make sense for him to go out on loan. Especially with Pellestri looking like he'll stay in the squad this season

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Not sure if he’s a good backup now. He was doing OK before this season. But he hasn’t progress much. He’s stagnanted and actually got worse. He’s not providing anything different from our other strikers too.

AFC NimbleThumb

Thought it yesterday & think it even more now. He’s going to regret prancing about in his tracksuit yesterday when he looks back on his career. It’s a minor thing in the grand scheme of things but he won’t get many opportunities at a club like United to celebrate.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thought it yesterday & think it even more now. He’s going to regret prancing about in his tracksuit yesterday when he looks back on his career. It’s a minor thing in the grand scheme of things but he won’t get many opportunities at a club like United to celebrate.
If he gives his best and is ultimately not good enough, what would he regret ?

Real Name

What's the problem, should have be in the kit you mean?

RiqCantona

I'm kind of torn between wanting Elanga to stay and cashing in on him. He hasn't had much opportunities this season and falling down the pecking order. Do you think it would be a good idea to sell him? If not, then what might be his position in the team? Could he kick start his career under ETH?

TheReligion

Abusive
You don’t think he’ll stay at the club?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Need to sell for cheap with a low buy back clause active for a few seasons just incase, we need to stop holding on to player too long and forced to give bigger contracts to "Preserve value", he can be a decent player but never going to be good enough for us quite simply and the buy back clause is just incase.

RiqCantona

Need to sell for cheap with a low buy back clause active for a few seasons just incase, we need to stop holding on to player too long and forced to give bigger contracts to "Preserve value", he can be a decent player but never going to be good enough for us quite simply and the buy back clause is just incase.
Hard to see him getting ahead of Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho and Anthony. Heck... Pellistri and Amad are there as well. I think the only option for him is to develop as a ST and maybe be a backup option in that position. Otherwise it seems very unlikely that we'll keep him.

Another option might be to loan him to big European club like Ajax or Dortmund for a year and see what happens.

MadMike

Another option might be to loan him to big European club like Ajax or Dortmund for a year and see what happens.
Those clubs don't tend to take and develop other clubs' loanees. They tend to discover and develop their own players and then sell them. If they take loanees to fill a gap in the squad (like we did with Sabitzer or Weghorst) it's someone more mature who can likely contribute right away. Not someone who needs development.

The only loan transfer of the type you suggest that I remember Dortmund doing in the last 5 years, was the loan signing of talented Brazilian kid Reinier from Real Madrid. Madrid bought him as an 18yo prospect in the summer 2020 for €30-35m from Flamengo. They immediately loaned him out to Dortmund for 2 years. Despite the big fee and high promise, the lad played only 820' minutes of competitive football (across all comps) in Germany over the span of 2 years. That's less than 5 full games in a whole season, most minutes in the cup and some sporadic 10 minute substitute appearances in the league. He's now 21yo and on loan at Girona. He didn't hit the ground running in Germany and Dortmund didn't really have any intention to develop a player that would leave back to Madrid the second he started realising his potential.

It's much better to loan these players to clubs that might actually have a need for them. Like Amad and Sunderland. If Amad was at Dortmund, he wouldn't get a look in.

lex talionis

Cash him in but with a buyback clause. He’ll have a nice career somewhere, but elite status is very likely beyond his reach.

twitter thread suggester
He has a nice drive with the ball, but he lacks everything else. And he was too eager tonight.

Telsim

There is a reason he doesn't start. Needs moving this summer. Permanently.

RuudtheRed

Showed more than Sancho in his brief minutes on the pitch. While he has a good burst of pace, his final ball and decision making was lacking. Doesn't really seem to have any standout attributes apart from speed, which reminds me of Dan James

RyRy11

Perfect game for him to impress EtH. Decides to put in such a lackadaisical performance, he's done here.

Mick1

Showed more than Sancho in his brief minutes on the pitch. While he has a good burst of pace, his final ball and decision making was lacking. Doesn't really seem to have any standout attributes apart from speed, which reminds me of Dan James
Elanga's a much better dribbler, and can use his left foot. Dan James was a better player though, did have some end product

Status
Not open for further replies.