4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald G

Not going to be too harsh on him but he's not at the required level at the moment. He does give it his all though.

We should see much less of him when Martial is properly fit and now Antony is here. I still think he has his uses; he'd probably be better coming off the bench when the opponents are tired and if we're in the lead.

MrEleson

He just doesn’t have the talent or ability to be starting at this club.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The likes of Welbeck and Lingard showed more "quality" than Elanga as average as they were coming from the academy. This kid shows me nothing, nothing at all. The kid is a constant 1 bad touch after another. Can't pass, can't control the ball and provide nothing. Even when he runs and get to the ball, he does nothing useful with it, he always wind up losing it via a heavy touch or a bad pass.

Every time I see Elanga on the pitch, I get a little bit madder at Martial for his poor fitness.

Abraxas

The quality often seems lacking but I did feel he worried the Leicester defenders. Although maybe that's not so difficult at the moment. Maybe there's a role for him somewhere, but a frontline forward? Hard to imagine.

A-man

Great attitude and always puts in a shift and does his job defensively, but not at the level to be a starter.

eire-red

Could do with a loan spell and figure out where his best position is, because it's definitely not RW.

Holocene

Could do with a loan spell and figure out where his best position is, because it's definitely not RW.
Disagree. He's either squad depth or we should sell next summer while his value is high.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He's 20 lads, calm down.
Nah, it's not that. I don't expect him to be consistent or perform week in, week out. Heck I don't even expect him to perform at all. All I want from him since he's only 20, just starting his senior career are flashes, that's all I ask for. Saw those with Greenwood, same with Adnan. Elanga's talent level is so low that he can't even produce flashes, so far he's projecting as a nothing player.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Not sure he’s even a PL standard player, there’s nothing to his game, not even physicality as he’s so easy to push off the ball.

Long road ahead of him to prove he deserves a place even in the squad long-term.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I understand why we haven't seen him yet with wanting to get some points and consistent results on the board, but it's getting close to the time you'd want to start seeing Garnacho involved more. Just as any sort of alternative to Elanga, because right now all he offers himself is a body to run and press. Essentially a Dan James type.

Bleed Red

So much negativity towards Elanga, seems pretty harsh. I have a feeling EtH might just make a player of him.

lex talionis

He'll have a nice career in professional football but there's nothing in his game to suggest he'll be a long term asset for United. Hard worker, but limited.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Garnacho is 18 and look at the difference technically.

Seems Ten Hag (like Rangnick) has been blinded by his pace, rather than ability.
And how many first team games has he shown this great ability in?

You don't just suddenly develop a bunch of technique as you age. He's not good enough, but we already knew that and the bar is low for him anyways.
Beckham was on loan at PNE when he was 20.

I'm not saying Elanga is the answer, but the guy is 20 years old, he's getting games because we're short of players, let's at least give him a chance, heh?

Tarrou

Garnacho is 18 and look at the difference technically.

Seems Ten Hag (like Rangnick) has been blinded by his pace, rather than ability.
It's not his pace, it's his pressing and work-rate. Same reason Rangnick loved him.

talking robot

I like him. Hard work in attack and defense, lots of speed, and a physical player. His touch and technical quality isnt as bad as some make out. Clearly a rotation an option, and wont start many games when everyone is fit. Still happy he’s here, and would prefer him over the likes of dan james.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Young and lernin. He may or may not end up good enough, but give the kid a break. He’s only 20 and still developing.

CarbonStoolBites

We won 3 matches with him in the team.
His has his uses, you could tell Leicester were a bit scared of his pace at times, he’s played his part in the buildup for 2 of our 4 goals in the 3 matches he started.
He has good agility and he works his ass off, seems to be a player that coaches find useful.

He can be our very own Lucas Vasquez, a wide player that works hard, follows instructions well and can be very useful in certain matches over the course of a long season.

No idea why people are writing off a 20 year old player so quickly, I like him.

city-puma

Wasn’t Grealish a lot more annoying mostly at 20yr old? He costed mancity 100 mils.

In Rainbows

I thought he improved in his physical battles compared to Southampton. Didn't fall over as much.

OpenIntrovert

Elanga plays better as a forward who cuts inside rather than a winger. It will take a while for him to adapt as the skillsets required are different.

shahzy

The new Lingard. Come up from the academy. Bang average skill and tries to make it up by running and harrying a lot. Better not make the same mistakes of the past and give him a huge contract so we can't sell him eventually

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's 20 lads, calm down.
It's weird -- a club that produces more talent and footballing professionals than any club in the League, hands down have the most impatient, short-sighted and dismissive fans in the league.

How this has come about is a mystery.

Malcusss

Thought he had a good moment where he received a tough ball, and juggled it out of danger. Obviously a limited player who shouldnt be starting games when we’re fully fit, but he has his uses.

SAFMUTD

Has the physicality, the hunger and the attitude. Lacks the skill.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He isn't good at 1on1s but still can be quite useful. We need to work the ball a bit better to isolate opposition defenders vs our wingers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need to ensure that in the long run we get skilful players working hard rather than having to play those lacking in ability because they work hard. It's the quality that separates the best teams from the others.

Elanga doesnt look like he belongs at this level to be honest.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
"He's only 20". Sure, so was Lingard once upon a time.

This is how we end up with these mediocre academy players overstaying their welcome. This idea that just because a kid graduated from the academy he'll eventually turn good if given time is what got us stuck with the likes of Lingard before he left, McTomminay, etc..for longer than it should be.

Somehow Elanga like his mediocre predecessors will manage to get himself a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.