"Anthony, Erikson and Christiano"

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Best was Lingaard actually. Not even a foreign player. Been at the club since he was 5.
Good shout. Surely the confusion there is because we also had Anders Lindegaard on our books at one point.

weizxx

Did not bother me they are all the same to me.

Farmershawn

i think its a problem of the mobile device autocorrects. Christiano as an autocorrect came up for me back in the day. but all it needed was to add it as a word.

however I imagine its harder to do that with day to day names such as Antony. Then all your Anthonys become Antonys.

Ibi Dreams

Best was Lingaard actually. Not even a foreign player. Been at the club since he was 5.
About 7 years ago I can remember hearing people talk about a match happening that day and genuinely thinking that Jesse Lingard was starting as our keeper

Not utd fans but still :lol:

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Agreed. But I also believe there should be some kind of a special dispensation for misspelling Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.

Jev

It's one thing that people on a football forum can't figure it out but BBC SPORT are constantly referring to Joachim Andersen as Joachim Anderson. Does my head in.

VojjE

Lewanderwhisky is one of my favorite ones I spotted on facebook many years ago, with calls for Wenger to buy him. Both equally laughable.

Siorac

You're preaching to Maquire. :lol:

But yeah, seriously, what leads someone to randomly throw a Q in his name? It's mystifying.
It isn't that shocking. -qui is a reasonably frequently occurring group of letters in English: quit, quite, quiet, required, quiz, equity, equine... and so on.

CloneMC16

McGuire/Macguire is my favourite. This is his 4th season and people still don't know how to spell it. His name is extremely simple to spell as well.

Smores

Kenu is correct people should pay more attention.