Anthony Gordon | Deal agreed with Newcastle for 40m + 5m in add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle85

I think he's pretty crap to be honest. At least extremely average. 21 as well, I'd expect him to be showing what he's shown at 18 if he was class.
Agreed. I remember when Tom Davies played a handful of games and was being touted as a big prospect. Can see him going the same way.

Abraxas

Agreed. I remember when Tom Davies played a handful of games and was being touted as a big prospect. Can see him going the same way.
Great for Dyche if he gets to reinvest to be honest. Will have to be quick about it but shift out a non performer and get a couple of smart acquisitions in. If they got the 40 million up front as reported that would leave quite a lot of room to play with.

userman

I hope they replace him with Elanga - could be a good move both for him and Everton.

Pickle85

Great for Dyche if he gets to reinvest to be honest. Will have to be quick about it but shift out a non performer and get a couple of smart acquisitions in. If they got the 40 million up front as reported that would leave quite a lot of room to play with.
Dychey to pick up Chris Wood and another few cloggers for that. Ugh, I'm not loving the prospect of his return to the Prem. Thought we'd seen the back of the likes of him, big sam and Pulis.

Heinzesight

He’ll be cup tied for the potential league cup final against us should we both get there. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

CallyRed

I hope they replace him with Elanga - could be a good move both for him and Everton.
Dyche is in charge now. Not his cup of tea. He'll only want players who were conceived and born down t'pit.

ShinjiNinja26

Great deal, for Everton. The guys a pace merchant and nothing else. More signings like this Newcastle and I’ll be happy. Hopefully they come back for McTominay in the summer.

phelans shorts

You're such a contrarian. Swear you'd argue black is white. Do you really think that's what I was saying? If you're going to disagree, can you at least be less lazy about it?
I’m absolutely baffled by what you meant, I don’t understand why a good manager like Dyche being in the league is a negative.

C'est Moi Cantona

Much as they've undoubtedly improved, they're doing some odd transfer business to say who owns them now.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m sure I’ll be proven wrong but to me this looks like Everton have pulled Newcastle’s pants down. I don’t see it with him at all.

Abraxas

Dychey to pick up Chris Wood and another few cloggers for that. Ugh, I'm not loving the prospect of his return to the Prem. Thought we'd seen the back of the likes of him, big sam and Pulis.
To be fair he operated on about 50p a season. I don't think Burnley would have survived being expansive. You do have to play to your players abilities.

That would be his argument anyway. He was at Burnley so long, there isn't really a Dyche outside that association. So if he survives with Everton and gets a bit of dough we have to see how he develops them. He might not be so typecast as he appears right now.

Red Star One

He's bang average but still can be an useful player and fills the homegrown quota, which Newcastle needs. After Zaniolo to Bournemouth thing it's another story that shows you the financial gap between Premier League and other leagues and just how much overvalued are English players.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Did Everton turn down £50m+ from Chelsea for Gordon back in the summer, or am I dreaming?
Nah. Chelsea would go no higher than 40m (confirmed by Ornstein) despite the reports. We obviously had more leverage then as he wasn’t forcing the move as much and we hadn’t played any games. Due to our position we have had to budge a bit and settle on 40-45m rather than a 50-60m we might have been able to get if in a better position and he was actually playing and playing well.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Nah. Chelsea would go no higher than 40m (confirmed by Ornstein) despite the reports. We obviously had more leverage then as he wasn’t forcing the move as much and we hadn’t played any games. Due to our position we have had to budge a bit and settle on 40-45m rather than a 50-60m we might have been able to get if in a better position and he was actually playing and playing well.
Yeah, that seems to ring a bell alright. Gordon was playing well at the time, hence why the Chelsea interest wasn’t all that surprising. There’s a player in there and it’ll be interesting to see how/if Howe develops him.

Pickle85

I’m absolutely baffled by what you meant, I don’t understand why a good manager like Dyche being in the league is a negative.
He's a negative, dull, throwback. His body of work is keeping a dire burnley side in the prem by turning them into one of the worst sides to watch in PL history. I'm struggling to see the positive. What did you particularly enjoy about dyche's previous stint in the prem?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's a negative, dull, throwback. His body of work is keeping a dire burnley side in the prem by turning them into one of the worst sides to watch in PL history. I'm struggling to see the positive. What did you particularly enjoy about dyche's previous stint in the prem?
not the thread for this but he didn’t say anything about enjoyment. Just that they were decent managers at PL level. I think that’s true.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Does anyone know the Newcastle fight song? Or the Saudi anthem?

I’d like to sing those now please

Pickle85

not the thread for this but he didn’t say anything about enjoyment. Just that they were decent managers at PL level. I think that’s true.
In fairness he said he can't understand why a manager like Dyche being back in the prem is a negative. Given Dyche's body of work in the prem to date and how unappealing it was for the neutral, I'd have said it's not a tricky one to understand. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a sensible choice, I just don't want to watch a dyche side.

Dan_F

Bizarre from pretty much all parties, apart from Everton. Newcastle will be spending another £50 million in that position in 18 months. Gordon is now hated by his boyhood club, for the sake of joining Newcastle ( :lol: ). If Everton can make use of that money in this transfer window then it’s a great bit of business.

Irrational.

Tom Davies, Jack Rodwell, Ross Barkley, Calvert-Lewin - all bang average players but touted for mega bucks. And yes I agree, can see Gordon being another one to join the all fart and no shit list.

Lee565

Maguire would be a great way for Everton to reinvest the money in their leaky defence

Pickle85

Tom Davies, Jack Rodwell, Ross Barkley, Calvert-Lewin - all bang average players but touted for mega bucks. And yes I agree, can see Gordon being another one to join the all fart and no shit list.
Good list there. Taking it further back (and showing my age) I remember when a 17 year old or similar Danny Cadamateri (sp?) Scored a few and folks were saying he was going to be big. No idea where he went.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Can't wait for the Tifo video telling us that he's amazing in some way and an absolute bargain.

phelans shorts

In fairness he said he can't understand why a manager like Dyche being back in the prem is a negative. Given Dyche's body of work in the prem to date and how unappealing it was for the neutral, I'd have said it's not a tricky one to understand. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a sensible choice, I just don't want to watch a dyche side.
Give me variety in how the game is played any day. If we had 20 managers with minute variations it would be far far worse to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.