Anthony Gordon | Deal agreed with Newcastle for 40m + 5m in add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maguire would be a great way for Everton to reinvest the money in their leaky defence
He did great things for Tarkowski to be fair, pairing him with Maguire would be a pretty set piece heavy side that's tough to break down in a deep line.

marktan

Think people are being harsh on him, not in great form like most of the Everton team, but he's only 21 and has shown a lot of ability already at a young age. He's more talented than the likes of Anthony and Sancho anyway.

Everton selling two of their better players in Richarlison and him should be worrying for them given just how bad most of their signings usually are.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tom Davies, Jack Rodwell, Ross Barkley, Calvert-Lewin - all bang average players but touted for mega bucks. And yes I agree, can see Gordon being another one to join the all fart and no shit list.
Barkley and DCL aren’t/weren’t average. Just unfortunately ruined by injuries.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Think people are being harsh on him, not in great form like most of the Everton team, but he's only 21 and has shown a lot of ability already at a young age. He's more talented than the likes of Anthony and Sancho anyway.

Everton selling two of their better players in Richarlison and him should be worrying for them given just how bad most of their signings usually are.
He has been nowhere near one of our better players this season.

arnie_ni

:lol:

phelans shorts

I know folk love nothing more than shitting on our own players but this takes the biscuit

acolyte

So we're writing 22 yo Antony off after a poor half season in a new country, but we're giving 21 yo Gordon the benefit of the doubt after a poor half season at his boyhood club. Got it.

Question: how likely do you think it is that Gordon gets 23 international caps? Or even 15? Because that's how many Sancho and Antony have respectively, and they're only a year older than him.

marktan

So we're writing 22 yo Antony off after a poor half season in a new country, but we're giving 21 yo Gordon the benefit of the doubt after a poor half season at his boyhood club. Got it.

Question: how likely do you think it is that Gordon gets 23 international caps? Or even 15? Because that's how many Sancho and Antony have respectively, and they're only a year older than him.
I've watched enough of both prior to this season to form my opinion. Can't really comment on this season as my enthusiasm for football has completely died over the last few months and I've barely been watching any games.

On the internationals, fair play to them but you could argue being a big fish in a small pond (strong team in weak leagues) is easier to get noticed than vice versa.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Never said he was, meant more in general / previously. 45m is a good deal if reinvested well.
didn’t even see that you said he was more talented than Sancho. That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve read on this forum.

acolyte

I've watched enough of both prior to this season to form my opinion. Can't really comment on this season as my enthusiasm for football has completely died over the last few months and I've barely been watching any games.
So you've formulated a value judgment on even less evidence than everyone else?

Not to mention the last football you claim to have watched saw Antony be one of the best players in the Eredivisie and earn several Brazil caps, and Sancho (one of the most highly touted English youth prospects of the last decade by the way) earn himself a £70m transfer through his play at Dortmund.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This is a pretty daft take. He showed plenty of bright signs last season, but hasn't really kicked on and is starting to look like one of those winger/second striker types who do some nice, tidy looking things during a game but don't really produce much. Could be turning out to be a bit of a nothing player.

Saying he's shown more talent than what Antony and Sancho showed in the previous leagues and in the CL is just a massive kneejerk over their recent form (and Gordon hasn't even been any better than that this season, either).

Red00012

Can't really comment on this season as my enthusiasm for football has completely died over the last few months and I've barely been watching any games.I've watched enough of both prior to this season to form my opinion.

On the internationals, fair play to them but you could argue being a big fish in a small pond (strong team in weak leagues) is easier to get noticed than vice versa.

Pickle85

Give me variety in how the game is played any day. If we had 20 managers with minute variations it would be far far worse to watch.
I'd rather have watched almost any other PL side than Dyche's burnley tbh. I didn't say I only wanted to see 20 managers with minute variations and there's a world of options in between that option and watching Burnley play, but you're welcome to your opinion.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Gordon is moving from Everton to a bigger club, some players excel with such a move. Can’t blame him for wanting to move after being a major factor in keeping them up last season. Now he gets chased and harassed down the road by Everton fans in their 40’s, the same supporters that gets a 60 year old women in a headlock.

Kag

I've watched enough of both prior to this season to form my opinion[/B]. Can't really comment on this season as my enthusiasm for football has completely died over the last few months and I've barely been watching any games.

I’d take up a different sport, mate.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Trex

You should keep opinions like this to yourself, its really embarrassing.

Lecland07

Newcastle's signings have pretty much been spot on, so I think he needs a chance before people make judgements.

crossy1686

career ending
Hey Everton, we've got a great replacement for Gordan, he's actually our captain so you know he's very good. You can have him for the relatively small fee of £40m

crossy1686

career ending

What the feck is this?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just realised another 73 or so different people had pointed out the madness of that line too :lol:

Red_Heisenberg

That's enough redcaf for today.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It will be interesting to see where they use him. He has played CM in the youth set up and I think Chelsea probably considered using him as a wing back. He’s played mostly for us on the wing and in a more forward position. Lots of options.
Tuchel needs to be sent to wingback rehab man. There’s not a player on the planet he couldn’t see as a potential wingback. It was an addiction :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.