Anthony Gordon | Deal agreed with Newcastle for 40m + 5m in add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle85

I really, really don't understand what the likes of Chelsea or even Newcastle see/saw in him. Every time I watch him he looks painfully average.

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
First mistake by our owners (if true). Good player, high potential but bad attitude and very unlikeable

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I really, really don't understand what the likes of Chelsea or even Newcastle see/saw in him. Every time I watch him he looks painfully average.
In the summer he was probably a Tuchel recommendation (as great a coach as he is he's historically sketchy in the market).

This month if I had to guess I'd say our name was used to pressure Newcastle.

crossy1686

career ending
I get the impression this is one of those signings that data makes, because I don’t think a single person has seen him play anywhere near worth the figures being bounced around.

BerryBerryShrew

He can run fast and he can perform a lot of high intensity sprints every 60 minutes (he gasses at the hour mark) but has absolutely no ability. He's basically a slightly slower version of Dan James.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What kind of figure are we talking?
I’m reading 25m + 15m on twitter and we want closer to 60m… :lol: The 25m + 15m fee would be amazing for us right now. He’s been crap this season and is pure profit in terms of FFP but if we can squeeze a bit more out go for it. Otherwise we should offload if that fee is true.

Robbie Boy

Is there anyone out there that you do rate? :lol:
Well, I certainly don't rate Gordon, who also seems to have a questionable attitude.

I do rate MacAllister and Enzo Fernández. Can't really think of anyone else I rate at the moment, but I'll mull it over.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’m reading 25m + 15m on twitter and we want closer to 60m… :lol: The 25m + 15m fee would be amazing for us right now. He’s been crap this season and is pure profit in terms of FFP but if we can squeeze a bit more out go for it. Otherwise we should offload if that fee is true.
Yeah that would be great money for him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well, I certainly don't rate Gordon, who also seems to have a questionable attitude.

I do rate MacAllister and Enzo Fernández. Can't really think of anyone else I rate at the moment, but I'll mull it over.
As it happens neither do but there always seems to be post of yours in a player's thread talking about how naff they are but yeah fair enough, I'm only messing with you anyway.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I bet you regret not biting Chelsea's hand off last season? Lampard really did us a solid there.

Robbie Boy

As it happens neither do but there always seems to be post of yours in a player's thread talking about how naff they are but yeah fair enough, I'm only messing with you anyway.
I know, my response was lighthearted ffs!

I just find the Caf has a tendency to jizz all over oppo players, but shit all over ours. I guess it's a tad annoying, which is why I have a tendency to be more cynical at times.

Baneofthegame

30+15 would be good in the end to settle on imo.

IRN-BRUno

Always a relief to see it's not us being linked whenever there's an update.

Would be good for Everton if they could move him on and use that to fund a couple of signings in this window. For Newcastle, they've been quite sensible so far with their transfers but this feels like it would be their first real mistake.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I know, my response was lighthearted ffs!

I just find the Caf has a tendency to jizz all over oppo players, but shit all over ours. I guess it's a tad annoying, which is why I have a tendency to be more cynical at times.
Yeah I have noticed that. It's kind of annoying to read even as an oppo fan.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I bet you regret not biting Chelsea's hand off last season? Lampard really did us a solid there.
Difficult to gauge. We could have just went and bought more crap. We could do that now. I’m at a point with Everton now where it’s hard to know what’s right and what is wrong for us. :lol: :(

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Difficult to gauge. We could have just went and bought more crap. We could do that now. I’m at a point with Everton now where it’s hard to know what’s right and what is wrong for us. :lol: :(
At what price would it cease to be wrong to sell DCL? If he's not at the stage of being ruined by perpetual injuries he's quite a tasty striker.

Varun

Staff
That was an insane offer. He's not shown anything to be worth 50mil or thereabouts that was on the table.

Amazing Santos

He's shite. Good luck to Chelsea with the 8.5 year contract that will inevitably come.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Has asked to leave. Will be off for 30-40m I reckon to Newcastle.

MegadrivePerson

From what I've seen of him he's basically a more limited version of Dan James! Don't understand the hype at all!

poleglass red

I've seen this lad quite a few times, I don't get it, I think he's very average. He's young, so scope to improve, but for 30 or so million, that's a big gamble. Somebody must have tapped him up if he's skipping training, Chelsea maybe, they seem like ones reckless enough to do that, Newcastle as well, can't see anyone else right now.

Swedish_Plumber

Everton must be run absolutely horrendously if a homegrown lad forces a move during a relegation battle like he’s some kind of Rooney.

Lot of money for someone who’s not done an awful lot.

Everton must be run absolutely horrendously if a homegrown lad forces a move during a relegation battle like he’s some kind of Rooney.

Lot of money for someone who’s not done an awful lot.
Their fans were literally chasing him down the road, they seem quite toxic. They always seem to give their players stick for some reason, Barkley, Stones, Lukaku, Deulofeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.