6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hey relax fella, you need a rest guy.
Why are you saying he needs a rest? He's thinking hard about his posts and the experience of posting in the mains is invaluable to him.

RedStarUnited

He played a lot of football and you cant go on and train all the time. He looked jaded. Dont know why that's so hard to understand. All our players were requested to take a 3 weeks break as well
What that guy is saying is, Martial isn't exactly chilling. He is still training as if he is going to play the next match and that is not resting. I think FIFA/EUFA request every club give its players 3 weeks off after tournaments, not just us.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What that guy is saying is, Martial isn't exactly chilling. He is still training as if he is going to play the next match and that is not resting. I think FIFA/EUFA request every club give its players 3 weeks off after tournaments, not just us.
Training and playing matches is not the same though

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I agree, but he is not resting either.
To be fair, they are mostly maintaining fitness at the big tournaments - they don't have the time or energy to train harder. And while the starters have been given excessive loads, having to play every 3-4 days and sometimes even for 120 minutes, those who don't play are basically on a vacation (but hitting a hotel gym every morning).

criticalanalysis

Why do people say it's good he's having rest. He's training as hard as the rest of the team. Game experience would've been invaluable for him. Stop saying he's having "rest".
Compared to game time he is absolutely having a 'rest'.

Continous short or extended bursts of speed with and without the ball dozens of times, physically extending your body against other 10-14 stone footballers, being mentally alert every second of the game, diving into, riding over, shielding tackles etc etc are not the things you're doing in training in a tournament format.

It's sad for him but at the same time it'll only prolong his career for the long term. His game isn't like Ronaldo where he's involved in simple build up play and hanging around up the 3rd half of the pitch. He's a dynamic wing-forward, who's disciplined and fulfils his defensive duties.

RedStarUnited

Give Martial #7 and give Depay #14 and then give Ibra #9

Solved.
Depay seems to have built a brand on his number with his whole 'M7' thing. Bet he wouldn't take it well.

Not that we should care about a single persons feelings...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ha can you imagine the hate between them? If Martial was to suddenly turn up to training in a M7 branded G Wagon.
Actually, I could see Memphis offering a M7 branded gift to Martial.

Silverman

He hasn't be over worked during the euros anyway so at least he should come back fresh to us.

RedStarUnited

Good vybes over there anyway.

But that training team seems a little unfair. I mean Martial, Coman, Pogba and Payet on one side?

Obiorahking_

This guy is so sick, the way he turns defenders left and right is crazy. Him and Miki are going to tear it up next season.

RedStarUnited

Well done Deschamps. Thats what happens when you dont give a guy minutes and expect him to bring a game back alive with 10 minutes to go.

Horrible management.

luke511

Well done Deschamps. Thats what happens when you dont give a guy minutes and expect him to bring a game back alive with 10 minutes to go.

Horrible management.
Stubborn tool he is, more talent than Coman and Gignac combined.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Horrible management.
Cantona knows what Deschamps is. A manager thinking about bringing Cabaye on in extra time over Martial doesn't deserve to win.

U99ted

12 years ago, Ronaldo won the FA Cup in his first season here before losing a Euro final on home soil.

Looking forward to having Anthony back home and under a decent manager.

Bwuk

Should of started as France main striker throughout the tournament.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've been pissed off at his non inclusion for the last few games. When it went to extra time i even said 'i bet Portugal score and he suddenly throws Martial on'.

Deschamps screwed France over big time. Martial is the best French attacker. Payet deserved to play because he's been brilliant, but Coman and especially Gignac should not have been ahead of Martial. He should have kept giving him time to get settled and in form over the competition.

ti vu

Feel for the French residents on Redcafe. The loss is painful enough. Many United fans are too blinded by their bias into blindness.

Deschamps' biggest weakness is his one dimensional tactic. He built team a solid team based on team spirit and togetherness. He is pragmatic and doesn't have much magic changing attacking tactic, I can give you that. But Martial can have the same criticism for him: one dimensional attacking style.(He will learn from this and improve as he is young). Martial can be the best young player in the world but he is one the lesser team player for France this tournament.

All the OTT reaction here is knee jerk. What if Gignac scored (hit the post one) in the injury time. Would you guys here bashing Deschamps for his sub. SAF is well regarded because his magic subs. Not many managers can do the same. Red glinted glasses off please.

France had been doing well this tournament. Deschamps and his team can have his head held high. Their game vs Germany is tactically second best only to Italy vs Spain. Have the more convincing hames of all the teams in this tournament IMO, despite is a lesser favorite for the tournament. Deschamps and his team can have his head held high. Portugal has been better with some luck when it matters and win it.

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

Feel for the French residents on Redcafe. The loss is painful enough. Many United fans are too blinded by their bias into blindness.

Deschamps' biggest weakness is his one dimensional tactic. He built team a solid team based on team spirit and togetherness. He is pragmatic and doesn't have much magic changing attacking tactic, I can give you that. But Martial can have the same criticism for him: one dimensional attacking style.(He will learn from this and improve as he is young). Martial can be the best young player in the world but he is one the lesser team player for France this tournament.

All the OTT reaction here is knee jerk. What if Gignac scored (hit the post) in the injury time. Would you guys here bashing Deschamps for his sub.

France had been doing well this tournament. Deschamps and his team can have his head held high. Their game vs Germany is tactically second best only to Italy vs Spain. Have the more convincing hames of all the teams in this tournament IMO, despite is a lesser favorite for the tournament. Deschamps and his team can have his head held high. Portugal has been better with some luck when it matters and win it.
Martial has a one dimensional attacking style, Do you watch Untied games at all?

What if Gignac scored - But he didn't, did he. Gignac was the go to sub in every game, why make your go to sub the guy that is exactly like your number one striker but inferior? The sub should bring something else to the table and Gignac doesn't bring nothing else to the table.

The German game, from a neutral point of view I thought Germany played well but they lacked a striker. One of the main reasons I felt France would do well this tournament was because of their attacking options. France have the best selection of attacking talent amongst all the European teams for me. Yet, someone like Gignac manages to be the first option of that selection. Thats nothing for Deschamps to hold his 'head high' about.

Deschamps should have better prepared Martial for a moment like today. instead he exiled him and then rushed him on at the very possible last chance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't understand the clamour for him to start. He was terrible against Albania.
Most importantly he isn't injured. Gets his rest and comes back better.

ti vu

Martial has a one dimensional attacking style, Do you watch Untied games at all?

What if Gignac scored - But he didn't, did he. Gignac was the go to sub in every game, why make your go to sub the guy that is exactly like your number one striker but inferior? The sub should bring something else to the table and Gignac doesn't bring nothing else to the table.

The German game, from a neutral point of view I thought Germany played well but they lacked a striker. One of the main reasons I felt France would do well this tournament was because of their attacking options. France have the best selection of attacking talent amongst all the European teams for me. Yet, someone like Gignac manages to be the first option of that selection. Thats nothing for Deschamps to hold his 'head high' about.

Deschamps should have better prepared Martial for a moment like today. instead he exiled him and then rushed him on at the very possible last chance.
Yes. Martial's play making and crossing is not well refined. He is more of dribbling wiz at the moment. Still lack presence for the target and long ball hold up play.He has been improving his finishing, but not your big moment hitter yet. Similar to Ronaldo in his first Euro final where he despite looking positive (I said Deschamps is one dimensional and pragmatic in his tactic too didn't I?)but one dimensional.

You can only give out tactic for what comes before you. Italy had a master class before Spain but failed against Germany. Would France is more higher rated before this tournament than Spain?

With logic in Gignac hit the post chance then Messi whole international career < Ronaldo <20 minutes this game.

I am slating Martial. I am here saying he is young and this experience will boost him. Ronaldo is forever cry baby, but he has grown so much since his famous final defeat cry. Martial can do one and be the best out there with us.

Last edited:

snk123

Why not give him a few minutes here and there if you have to rely on him eventually in the final? That was what everyone was saying.

ti vu

Why not give him a few minutes here and there if you have to rely on him eventually in the final? That was what everyone was saying.
I am defending Deschamps here, but perhaps Martial is the only remaining (best) attacking option left? Deschamps fecked up by not anticipating for this dire scenario, may be? Deschamps was too pragmatic and tried to go to penalty shoutout. What's done is done.

As I said in one of my previous posts in this thread, the preparation was done in friendlies. In tournament, ideally there should not be so much changes around. Young players aren't necessarily given the development minutes like club footballs. The tourney squad is pretty much established since the first game starts. Mostly only established players are included in the squad, even the young one (except cases like Ronaldo in WC2014, Kaka WC2002... not playing, just there to build them up for the future). If they can perform when they're called upon, then good. If not, good luck next time.

Last edited:

Donkey's Ears

I don't know how anyone can defend Deschamps. They were the stronger team and he was so fundamentally negative in his approach that he prevented that from winning them the game.

Target men are well and good but that played into Pepe and Fonte's strengths.

When you are the better team being that negative and safe with your tactics and subs is just criminal.

It's not abotu Martial although how he can be expected to do anything in ten minutes is ridiculous, its about the stupidity of swapping like for like (Giroud/Gignac) when that is proving ineffective and leaving the subs so late. Sissoko was fine but it was clear wit and ingenuity was going to be needed not power and pace and Deschamps resisted that until it was too late.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Time for a nice long break. We need him fit for the start of the season :)

devil in me

Delighted that he hardly played. The last thing that we want is our 20 year old star player playing all through the summer on the back of a season where he played far too many games anyway. Not sure why he should've played anyway, it seems that he was competing with Coeman for game time, who did really well whenever he played.
He probably should've come on in the final instead of Gignac in fairness but apart from that he can't have too many complaints, especially considering his performance V Albania.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Delighted that he hardly played. The last thing that we want is our 20 year old star player playing all through the summer on the back of a season where he played far too many games anyway. Not sure why he should've played anyway, it seems that he was competing with Coeman for game time, who did really well whenever he played.
He probably should've come on in the final instead of Gignac in fairness but apart from that he can't have too many complaints, especially considering his performance V Albania.
Stop being selfish and understand that Martial like any other(or most) professional players out there would love to be given the honor to play for their national team on the biggest stage like Euro, WC etc.

Playing a few more games at the Euro wouldn't have hampered him or exhausted him like some of you lots like going on about. This relief about him missing out n the action just highlight the selfishness about some supporters rather than showing concern about the kid's health or whatever you people like to dress it as.

Every time I read about how this 20 year playing at the Euro would have been detrimental for him I just keep rolling my eyes :rolleyes:

If anything tournaments like these give one(especially a youngster) so much more confidence going forward, not the opposite or anything negative of sort.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Swapping Giroud for Gignac makes no sense as they are similar players who offer the same thing, when you are looking to change things up surely you would put a different style of player on. Very bizarre imo.

Martial has been brilliant for us last season and i'm sure he could have contributed a lot more than Gignac. France's lost in the end.

Terminator

I'm happy martial finally got some rest. He's played twice the minutes Coman played last season. LvG really overworked him last season.

Shiva87

Should of started as France main striker throughout the tournament.
And Griezmann? I don't think Deschamps had a bad starting line up, but Martial should have come on regularly at the 60 min mark for Giroud. There was no logic in giving Gignac the automatic sub position. Effectively, both of them were the same type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.