5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martial'sgaze

If wasn't informed then that is just disrespectful from the club. It doesn't matter if Zlatan is a legend of the game or not, Martial at this time is more valuable to the club than him
and will pick Martial ahead of him all day of the week without a second thought.
Having said all these, I believe a young player's primary concern at this time should be to have a better season than last year and cement his position at the club.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Zlatan, Mkhi, Pogba... Martial is still the player I look most forward watching come season and our biggest talent.

baanke laal

banned
His brother posted this on Instagram (regarding his ex), which Martial has liked.

Translation said:
Samantha I accept that you're having a hard time coping with the situation with my brother but I can't hear your lies anymore because you're hurting Anthony and our name.

1- you weren't married to Anthony
2- you didn't meet him when he had nothing, he was already a Monaco player and was earning a lot
3- Anthony is sending you 3500 euros per month, more than the judge would give you so when you say that you can't buy a high chair it's an incredible lie
4- Anthony loves his daughter and would like to see her every day, he became the worst dad since he separated from you but he was the best 3 month ago it seems like.
5- always putting the little girl in situation on social media and to use it (for your own goals) is shameful, why did you never show her when you were with Anthony?

Anthony doesn't want to speak publicly but I can't let your little game last any longer.

I understand that you're suffering of the situation and if after this message you want to victimize yourself or make a sketch out of it go ahead but it was important to tell the truth.

Anthony will always be there for his daughter as well as his family.

steve88

His brother posted this on Instagram (regarding his ex), which Martial has liked.
Hope all this drama does not effect his on field performances. Or cause him to leave us and go back to France. But I doudt he will wanna play in that league else why move to us to play in the best league. He also seams to like united as he chats to pat lol

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This should not be in public domain. Hope someone at the club is close enough to tell him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Zlatan, Mkhi, Pogba... Martial is still the player I look most forward watching come season and our biggest talent.
I feel the same way along with Rashford (in terms of looking forward to watching him). To add to that, I think he'll outperform the aforementioned players and remain our best outfield player.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's bad enough that Martial created this situation, but he should tell his brother to shut the feck up and settle things privately. There's nothing worse than the loser brother trying to make himself relevant.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It's bad enough that Martial created this situation, but he should tell his brother to shut the feck up and settle things privately. There's nothing worse than the loser brother trying to make himself relevant.
Well it's not as if lies in the media and portraying Martial as some cnut is helping either, the girl is trying to destroy Martial and his reputation with lies, if the brother can deny or put that to an end, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well it's not as if lies in the media and portraying Martial as some cnut is helping either, the girl is trying to destroy Martial and his reputation with lies, if the brother can deny or put that to an end, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
The brother is causing a public feud and drawing more attention to a matter that frankly so far hadn't been that important. Simply settle it with her privately and force her to retract her statements.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
The brother is causing a public feud and drawing more attention to a matter that frankly so far hadn't been that important. Simply settle it with her privately and force her to retract her statements.
I'm guessing it was/is important to Anthony Martial and his family.

SirAF

Ageist
Came here to post the message from his brother.. Every story has obviously two sides, but she really does seem like a gold digger. I mean, she gets 3500 EURO each month? That's a shitload.

Ban

Didn't pay much attention to him today. How would you sum up his performance?
Had one or 2 nice touches but looked rusty and isolated. First game after Euros so not worried. Hopefully he will resolve this family situation. It seems he married too early. :)

Kag

I think he'll be brilliant this season. I expect defenders and wide men to pay more attention to him but that should allow our other attackers more room to manoeuvre as a result.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He might have a difficult 2nd season. He surprised everyone last year which could make it harder for him. More pressure, more focus on him, plus some private stories too. Let's see

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He might have a difficult 2nd season. He surprised everyone last year which could make it harder for him. More pressure, more focus on him, plus some private stories too. Let's see
No. There is even less pressure on him. Eyes are on other players like Zlatan and probably Pogba.
No one is even talking about the fee.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Im convinced that with the amount of attacking threat we now carry (with Ibra and Miki, and hopefully pogba), and with Luke helping him down the left flank, he will have so much more space and will be devastating. Even with all our signings, he's the player i'm looking forward to watching the most.

Redo91

People said they same about Kane last year and other than a slow start he had a brilliant second season. Plus as others have said we have much more of a threat going forward compared to last season so teams won't be able to simply focus on stopping him.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Is it just accepted that this guy's best position is left wing or have the people that were insisting he should be played down the centre changed their view because of the makeup of the squad?

Personally, I think he'll go on to be an excellent player for us but I'm not sure he'll turn into the world class star that people expect. I'm not sure if his ceiling is all that high despite his young age. He's excellent at dribbling past players when he's on his game but there's something off about his first touch which may prevent him from being truly world class. Hope I'm proved wrong here btw, it's just a feeling I'm getting. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't a cast iron regular under Mourinho at all.

surf

Think he will be a star playing on the left. What he has over most wide players is goal threat and ability to create assists. He and Rashford are both very direct.

LouisDanGaal

Could happen definitely. He might also get more space though. Really could go either way.

Shark

@NotShark
Is it just accepted that this guy's best position is left wing or have the people that were insisting he should be played down the centre changed their view because of the makeup of the squad?

Personally, I think he'll go on to be an excellent player for us but I'm not sure he'll turn into the world class star that people expect. I'm not sure if his ceiling is all that high despite his young age. He's excellent at dribbling past players when he's on his game but there's something off about his first touch which may prevent him from being truly world class. Hope I'm proved wrong here btw, it's just a feeling I'm getting. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't a cast iron regular under Mourinho at all.
What are you smoking, smoking Owl?

ChaddyP

I would have agreed with this had we not brought in Zlatan and Mkhitaryan as added fire power upfront. Plus focus will be on Pogba when he joins. We will have too many danger men for teams to just focus on him alone

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Hope these off the field issues don't start affecting his performances.
DDG has his share too

I think Mourinho will be great at creating an us vs the world mentality, and that should help these guys focus on the pitch. His message has been clear - win - and he should be effective with guys as talented as Martial and DDG.

prarek

Can you imagine him in a counterattack set up under Mourinho? Scary!

zenith

Like the other posters said. We will have so much firepower for the coming season plus the tactical ability of mourinho that the pressure on martial would be minimal and should be able to continue to express himself, without feeling the burden of a price tag or expectations

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The chronology of a player being 'figured out' and therefore finding it harder in his second season doesn't make sense to me. Is it after the 38th game that teams then assess players who have been good and plan for next season? Or isn't it more likely that after a few months LAST season, Anthony Martial being good at football stopped surprising opponents? Perhaps the element of surprise must last for an entire year?

The reality is, Martial finished the season tearing everyone apart, having long established himself as our best player. The main challenge for the second season would be from Martial himself. Otherwise there is nothing that Adam Smith or Danny Simpson can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.