Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Its easy and natural for players to get frustrated, particularly young players. especially those who have had the rug pulled from underneath them. Perhaps he hasn't matured yet as he is only 21 years old, maybe he is another "Le Sulk"
This. It is manager's job to motivate the players, especially the younger players. Martial was so good under LVG because LVG trusted him to do the job on the pitch. Jose criticised Mkhi and Shaw also and they responded but the same tactic might not work for other players because each player is mentally different. I hope he will come good once his confidence improves.

acnumber9

Who would have thought that if he did what his manager wanted him to do that he'd start back to back games? Hopefully we can dispel these nonsensical rumours of him being unfairly picked on.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Who would have thought that if he did what his manager wanted him to do that he'd start back to back games? Hopefully we can dispel these nonsensical rumours of him being unfairly picked on.
Spot on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did really well for that goal v Burnley. Hope he has another stormer tonight.

On form he's a massive threat

IrishRedDevil

Caught smiling during the warm up!

Where are all the body language experts that said his demeanour means he doesn't care?

Dobbs

What do you make of Shaw not starting back to back games? Still not doing what Mourinho wants?

This isn't a criticism of Mourinho by the way, I think Darmian has done quite well recently.

Stacks

Or Zlatan and Mata got ruled out for the season. I am under no illusions that he is playing because of anything else. If he wasn't doing what the manager wanted, post Zlatans injury, I don't see how he would miraculously change his attitude on the exact night Zlatan got his injury. remember, many thought he was underwhelming when he came on last Thursday.

ivaldo

Or Zlatan and Mata got ruled out for the season. I am under no illusions that he is playing because of anything else. If he wasn't doing what the manager wanted, post Zlatans injury, I don't see how he would miraculously change his attitude on the exact night Zlatan got his injury. remember, many thought he was underwhelming when he came on last Thursday.
Lingard in for Martial and Rashford up top. If he didn't trust him he wouldn't be taking the place of Lingard.

ivaldo

Rashford needed a rest and Martial took his chance upfront vs Burnley since, surprise surprise, he is the better player than Lingard.
He worked his arse off and suprise surprise he retains his place ahead of young and Lingard, because he is a better player AND he's shown commitment.

Stacks

He worked his arse off and suprise surprise he retains his place ahead of young and Lingard, because he is a better player AND he's shown commitment.
Its an easy excuse. There have been games when he has worked hard and still got replaced. Zlatan is injured and we are short of quality options. He doesn't look like some energizer bunny so far in this one

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Made some great runs and should have been given a few more fouls. I like him when he is able to attack an open defence like this. We all know he'll take a defender 1v1. The problem in most games is there is usually a bank of 4 or 5 defenders he tries to take on. With a proper ref he could have zabaleta getting sent off.

dirkey

Think he had a poor first half. Very early on he had a chance to play ball in to Rashford, instead he decided to take on a man - who he beat in fairness, but had delayed the pass by that stage so that Rashford was offside. Since then he keeps running into people and losing the ball.

ivaldo

Its an easy excuse. There have been games when he has worked hard and still got replaced. Zlatan is injured and we are short of quality options. He doesn't look like some energizer bunny so far in this one
No there hasn't, that's the point. You're the sympathiser making excuses. There's been a clear attitude from Martial since the beginning of the season, from his performances, to his sulk because his shirt number he had for a season was taken away to sulking on the bench because Jose brought on a left back and not him to replace an injured left back.

devips

His passing is often erratic. He should take care of this side of his game.

MadMike

He's playing as a left back most of the game. He's tracked the right back very well. Couple of good dribbles, couple of poor passes too. Mixed half, but I like the work rate

izec

Makes runs and then runs and runs and looses the ball. Looks like a player who never played with these players before. So much potential running at Zabaleta and he still messes it up 9/10 times

Silas

Had a really bright start along with Rashford on the wings but once we started to drop off, whenever he got the ball it was him against 4 or 5 players with Fellaini or Darmian on the left. Pretty hard for him to be effective with that kind of support down his flank, especially considering our game plan.

binary bot
All of the front 3 are isolated. The only success we've had going forward has been from individual pieces of brilliance, but it always ends up with the player being crowded out or with no one to pass to. Happened 4 or 5 times in the first half.

acnumber9

Lingard or Young could easily have played tonight. Martial played well on Saturday so he starts tonight.

acnumber9

What do you make of Shaw not starting back to back games? Still not doing what Mourinho wants?

This isn't a criticism of Mourinho by the way, I think Darmian has done quite well recently.
There's your answer. Darmian earned a spot.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
All of the front 3 are isolated. The only success we've had going forward has been from individual pieces of brilliance, but it always ends up with the player being crowded out or with no one to pass to. Happened 4 or 5 times in the first half.
Yes, it's obviously how we're set up tactically, hope that we're able to use the pace of one of our front three to nick a goal.

Martial has been fine in the first half.

Stacks

He doesnt have to be, but Sterling seems so much sharper and faster for every ball and duel, outmuscled him a few times as well. Think Lingard could do better in that role.
maybe, but Sterling isn't being asked to cover both attack and defence. He is allowed to focus on what he is good at and thus conserve his energy for attacking, just like 90% of good wingers around

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I thought he did his job well defensively in the second half. Jose looked fairly pleased with the arm round the shoulder when he came off.

Didn't do much going forward, but I don't think he was aimlessly booting it out of play. He was getting closed down very well and very quickly, and we weren't interested in making anyone available for a pass.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Reall poor, wasteful and Sterling is turning him inside out.
Fer crying out loud.

Dude did you see any attacking player stand out in this game? The answer is obvious and that's because we were clearly set up to defend well which Martial did his part. Attacking wasn't part of Mou's plan today.

Man-United

Why so much negative stuff about out players after a poor game?! Martial was class against Burnley but today he's worth nothing again? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.