Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
If Martial performs, he will keep his job. If he doesn't and Depay trains well (that's the thing; he needs to show he can be better in training too), then Martial could lose his position.

My feeling? Unless Man Utd are struggling and Mou feels he needs to shake things up, Martial is fine even if he's average for a while. But Mourinho is not very patient and he will challenge him hard, and publicly, if he's not doing his best.

Anthony needs to score a goal and gain confidence in himself. He's creating chances so i'm pretty sure it will happen soon.

MD7

Because Van Gaal was clueless? I fail to think of a single decent free kick that Memphis took last season and I'm not even taking the piss. His free kicks were absolute garbage.

I also don't agree Memphis is better than Martial in terms of shooting, let alone "by far". He had some decent shots last season, but most of them were like the ones 18-year-old Ronaldo used to take back in the day. That's what surprised people the most. He was shite at everything he was supposed to be good at.

The comparisons to Martial are beyond embarrassing. I can't believe we're even having this discussion, to be honest.
So LVG, and Giggs were both clueless when it comes to taking set pieces, because it's oh so difficult to measure the performance of someone when it comes to that...

Martial only had 1 shot outside of the box last season. Let me know when he takes shots like Memphis did against Club Brugge. The fact that Club Brugge was a crappy team had nothing to do with his shot, because we know that Martial is also able to make space like that. He just doesn't have the shot in him, which he knows, because he barely tries to take a shot from afar.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
So LVG, and Giggs were both clueless when it comes to taking set pieces, because it's oh so difficult to measure the performance of someone when it comes to that...

Martial only had 1 shot outside of the box last season. Let me know when he takes shots like Memphis did against Club Brugge. The fact that Club Brugge was a crappy team had nothing to do with his shot, because we know that Martial is also able to make space like that. He just doesn't have the shot in him, which he knows, because he barely tries to take a shot from afar.
The Giggs story is from before the start of last season, so it means feck all. That was the general opinion on the back of his season at PSV. As for Van Gaal - yeah, I'd say he's pretty clueless. There's no better description of someone who puts Phil Jones as our corner kick taker.

Fact is Memphis' free kicks were garbage last season.

It doesn't matter how many shots Martial had from outside the box. His game isn't as predictable as Memphis' "cut inside every time and put the ball into the stands" shite.

As I already said - Memphis had a few decent shots from distance, but most of them went high into the stands or very wide of the post. Just because his game revolves around shooting from distance with his right foot doesn't mean he's actually good at it.

This discussion is getting tiresome, so I'm saying it for the last time - I hope he turns it around, but despite 1/2 underwhelming halves of football, Martial is miles better than Memphis right now and unless the Dutchman starts showing he has what it takes to make it here, it's not going to change.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Mourinho said: "I think when a team is not playing especially well and in the middle of that average level somebody comes out of that, he goes immediately to the highlight.

"I think this is a different picture. Last season, no Martial, no three points. This season, no Martial goals and three victories. The team is okay. Other players are scoring goals.

"I think he's performing more than okay. I wouldn't expect much more than that. He had no pre-season. He was the last one to arrive apart from Paul Pogba. Some guys take more time. I think he's doing fine.

"I think he's going to have a normal season. And for a guy of his qualities, a normal season is a good season so I think he will have a good season."

jeff jones

Supports
''ATTACK # ATTACK''
he should had kept it in his pants .. just saying

hope he starts vs hull as we all know he needs a goal and performance, hopefully hull's small squad is lacking fitness after 2 grinding wins

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mourinho said: "I think when a team is not playing especially well and in the middle of that average level somebody comes out of that, he goes immediately to the highlight.

"I think this is a different picture. Last season, no Martial, no three points. This season, no Martial goals and three victories. The team is okay. Other players are scoring goals.

"I think he's performing more than okay. I wouldn't expect much more than that. He had no pre-season. He was the last one to arrive apart from Paul Pogba. Some guys take more time. I think he's doing fine.

"I think he's going to have a normal season. And for a guy of his qualities, a normal season is a good season so I think he will have a good season."
This should end the non-sense that's been posted in the last few pages.

TsuWave

Except Martial was only converted to a winger under LVG. He was originally a number 9, hence why we gave him the number 9 shirt. It's basically like how Sturridge played as a winger for Chelsea and England when everyone knows he's really a striker and that's his best position. Probably not the best example but you get where I'm coming from.
not true, and it shows you're not well informed on what you're talking about. Martial often played wide forward for Monaco. Watch his displays in the CL against Valencia and Arsenal (easiest to YouTube). Left wide forward. And plenty games in the French league, matter of fact that's where he has operated the most, he has aspirations of being a striker, and has said that's where he sees himself long term, hence the early henry comparisons, two wide forwards turned striker, it's the exact opposite of what you're asserting, he's not a striker converted to wide forward, he's a wide forward who wants to be a striker.

XdanielredX

The biggest problem is that he's not our ONLY exciting top player now so he doesn't stand out as much, that doesn't mean he isn't as good and won't be as important and great for us.

That being said he'd want a big game vs Hull!

Stacks

Jose will keep the faith and allow him to play himself into form.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Poor so far, missing in action. But as what have been seen from the past 2 games, he will be better in 2nd half.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
AWOL. This Euros hangover needs to end. The lad's not even dribbling with the same intent as Tony V!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Passing has been too slow. Getting the ball in crowded areas. Hopefully the game opens up.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Not a winger.

Complete waste of his time.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a creative genius like Eden Hazard or Neymar. The goal is for him to devleop into a wide forward like Ronaldo, Henry, Reus, Mane etc

He's fine out wide, he's just horribly out of form.

WyoManU

Needs to be benched and have to work his way back into the first XI

3KDré

His off the ball movement, crossing and long distance shooting must improve.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
My god, he's been poor, but there's a black hole of creativity in the centre of the pitch, in Mkhi's natural position.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He has been terrible. Out of form. Honestly think he should be dropped. He's a young player with a very high ceiling and a drop would be good for his growth I think.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He was poor today but he was not poor in the other two games. It's as if some just waited for him to underperform.

At the same time, one can't expect him to be the most dominant force on the team anymore simply because we are a better team with better players this year. He did well in the other two games overall and yet people complain because they're used to seeing him carry the offensive load all by himself.

I'm not gonna deny that his private issues are still not distracting him but it is solely his fault. He let the fame get to his head, started banging other chicks and lost what seemed like a decent and very sexy girl. He needs to get his head straight and focus on football and nothing but football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was fine before this but today he was particularly poor. Seemed lethargic/lacking in intensity and rather pointless. Hopefully he has a great game against City.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The only thing in our team not going right at the minute. He needs a goal. Confidence completely dead in the water at the minute.

the hea

He looks really poor at the moment, should be dropped until he regains some form. Rashford and Miki deserves to start over him as things stand.

justboy68

No need for concern, just time for him to sit on the bench for a few games and be an impact sub. He'll regain his form in no time and come back in to the side when someone else is in a slump.

saivet

He's been our worst attacker so far this season. Expect him to be dropped against City.

Devil81

Needs dropping, at this stage of his career it won't do him any damage to sit out a few games. Rashford has stolen a march on him and should start ahead of him at the moment.

Also noticed Ibra is waving his arms at him a lot in frustration.

Eddy_JukeZ

Off the pace the entire game.

Needs to play with that urgency. Seemed very lackadaisical.

Status
Not open for further replies.