5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red71

Aye she was a bit of a nutter, would check my phone on my lunch break to see she's broken up with me and gotten back together with me, all without me replying a single time. :lol:
I think you dodged a bullet there bud....mind you, Mrs Womp does have a nice ring to it....

Zoo

He's been good but is getting isolated and feeding on scraps. Rooney behind him is a waste of time.

Kag

He might as well put up a deckchair given the negativity we've taken into this game. He's on a hiding to nothing.

ovoxo

Some people want him to play as a striker, but his back-to-goal play is pretty poor in my opinion. Was decent when coming from the left a few times.
Completely agree. What I do like is he's trying to make runs behind their defence. Imagine if he could do that on the left consistently!:drool:

Silas

The technique on that shot looked so poor from that replay
Koscielny managed to get a touch before Tony made contact to be fair. Think he was intending to connect with the outside of his boot.

Bojan11

He's up against three centre backs. Needs support but our wingers are playing as fullbacks.

MadMike

Some people want him to play as a striker, but his back-to-goal play is pretty poor in my opinion. Was decent when coming from the left a few times.
He's not target-man mate. He's not Peter Crouch. And neither is Rashford. They need ball at feet, or played behind/away from the defenders so they can run onto it. His movement is good and link up is good. He's done well in my opinion.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Get Rashford on alongside him and I think you'll see Martial at his best. He's really a support striker.

Tarrou

Needs more support and not much else you can say about the first half. It's an impossible job at the moment.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's up against three centre backs. Needs support but our wingers are playing as fullbacks.
That's true and a good point but he also needs to hold the ball better and longer, until the rest of the team pushes forward. It's not an easy game for him to shine but he's not helping himself with his decision making, so far.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Get Rashford on alongside him and I think you'll see Martial at his best. He's really a support striker.
It doesn't even need to be a striker - more players in closer proximity would be a massive help. He's all alone against 3 CBs for the most part.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Koscielny managed to get a touch before Tony made contact to be fair. Think he was intending to connect with the outside of his boot.
Ah fair enough. Might have been mentioned but was watching from the kitchen for that

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He's not target-man mate. He's not Peter Crouch. And neither is Rashford. They need ball at feet, or played behind/away from the defenders so they can run onto it. His movement is good and link up is good. He's done well in my opinion.
He's not, but a striker has to be able to hold on to the ball with his back to goal. Rashford does that better, actually he usually turns and challenges the defender. Martial gets knocked off the ball too much.

SirScholes

I like how positive he is and always looking to take on his man but feck me he is so predictable. I feel he flukes his way past players as opposed to actually out smarting them

Icemav

Sorry but I am getting properly irritated with him now. He is making almost no positive contribution. This is not youth team football, he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world in perhaps the toughest league. It's just not good enough regardless of age.

Maccaa

Sorry but I am getting properly irritated with him now. He is making almost no positive contribution. This is not youth team football, he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world in perhaps the toughest league. It's just not good enough regardless of age.
Come on mate every time he gets the ball he's on his own against 4-6 players. How can you expect him to do anything when we're so defensive? He did enough in the first 30 minutes to prove he would be dangerous today if we played with any intention of wanting a result.

Icemav

Come on mate every time he gets the ball he's on his own against 4-6 players. How can you expect him to do anything when we're so defensive? He did enough in the first 30 minutes to prove he would be dangerous today if we played with any intention of wanting a result.
He has put in some really poor performances this season. Today he needed to lead the line, be strong and make smart decisions. He has been weak especially that awful pass that led to the second goal. He has a lot to prove at this level.

SirScholes

I don't disagree completely but he doesn't help his cause by not getting his head up and playing a pass.

He doesn't need to take on the whole team every time he gets the ball

Maccaa

He has put in some really poor performances this season. Today he needed to lead the line, be strong and make smart decisions. He has been weak especially that awful pass that led to the second goal. He has a lot to prove at this level.
Let's be honest mate everyone of our attacking players have put in awful performances this season. I just don't think it's far to judge him today with the way the managers set up and how bad the whole team have been.

I don't disagree completely but he doesn't help his cause by not getting his head up and playing a pass.

He doesn't need to take on the whole team every time he gets the ball
Yeah I agree with that, same can be said for Mhikitaryan in every big match though. We need a full new set of attackers.

SirScholes

Let's be honest mate everyone of our attacking players have put in awful performances this season. I just don't think it's far to judge him today with the way the managers set up and how bad the whole team have been.

Yeah I agree with that, same can be said for Mhikitaryan in every big match though. We need a full new set of attackers.
Yer mhiki likewise, I just think some composure is needed and hopefully next year out form improves along with confidence

Icemav

I am not just judging him just on today. But today just shows me how far away he is.

And until that fluke goal it was a pretty good away performance. Not helped by our attackers not holding the ball well enough.

Home&Away

I think people might have forgotten LVG'e tactics - possesion everywhere except the final third. In that third there is complete freedom. Martial has been poor but definetly misses that freedom to drift to wherever he wants. Joses tactics are a bit more constricted up front.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He's so extremely disappointing. I thought he was the kind of player who was totally devoted to the game and would work even harder when things got tough. I also thought he didn't get effected by negative periods but would move on just like a robot. Now he's shown to be a crybaby who can't rise to a challenge. Mourinho and Martial have all the components to match, he likes treating his star players like gods but it's just not happening. Van Gaal managed to do so much better with him.

Z_Wolf

I don't think he's aware he's allowed to move without the ball too. Rashford is twice the player right now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Plays well when he isn't isolated, IMO.

Maccaa

I am not just judging him just on today. But today just shows me how far away he is.

And until that fluke goal it was a pretty good away performance. Not helped by our attackers not holding the ball well enough.
That's fair enough mate he hasn't been as good as expected this season all I'm saying is when you set up like we have today I can't criticise him when he's had no help what so ever.

If you think that was a good performance up until their goal it shows how much we have fell. We had one good chance which came from a poor defensive mistake where as they had 3-4 good chances. We started well for the first 25 minutes then we was awful. No intention too get outside our own half what so ever.

Zoo

He's so extremely disappointing. I thought he was the kind of player who was totally devoted to the game and would work even harder when things got tough. I also thought he didn't get effected by negative periods but would move on just like a robot. Now he's shown to be a crybaby who can't rise to a challenge. Mourinho and Martial have all the components to match, he likes treating his star players like gods but it's just not happening. Van Gaal managed to do so much better with him.
Another great windup

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
He is really, really bad at the moment. He has the skill, he proved that last season, but he just can't be bothered anymore. I want players to go for it, that ball is out of reach? Sprint towards it anyways. Martial would never attempt to sprint towards the goalkeeper like Valencia did against Valdes a couple of games ago. He just gives up immediately.

Jose gotta find a way to motivate this kid

Yagami

Good post resistant
He had no support playing in an extremely negative team. I won't judge him off this.

Status
Not open for further replies.